Solar Aero Tower: Aerothermal Power Station by Edgar Nazare

Forum solar photovoltaic PV and solar electricity generation from direct radiation solar energy.
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/02/09, 23:37

Remundo wrote:You blame me for talking about a convection tower too far from the subject. I'll talk to you about biofuel then. : Cheesy:

Mwarffouare !!! : Lol: : Lol: : Lol:

Remundo wrote:I've been potashing the energy of deserts for years: concentration is the only one at the crossroads of technical, economic, thermodynamic and mechanical constraints.

We totally agree!
But the solar towers are precisely a form of concentration, you just do not pass an intermediary: air!
Didiou !!

Remundo wrote:Dish Stirling are the most advanced machines. The cylindroparbolic does not concentrate enough. The way of the future is Dish Stirling + PHRSD.

And what type of concentrator do you think?
It seems to me to be a good compromise to reduce costs ...

It is not a balgue nor a fake, here is the site of the inventor: http://www.cruzybomant.com/en/new-applications/

Remundo wrote:The cylindroparabolic is the typical example where performance has been sacrificed in order to have cheaper single curvature mirrors.

It's stupidity because it's short-termism ...

Not to agree: because with parabolic concentrators projects could never have seen the light of day ...

Do not take it badly, but your reasoning is characteristic of that of a teacher: you are looking for perfection ... inexhaustible except in books and on maps. A bit like Nazare finally ... and hop the circle is complete!

The best is often the enemy of good ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/02/09, 23:44

Remundo wrote:need a hot spring that burns god’s fire

Pfff I give up (for tonight) you apparently do not read what I mean and refuse to take into account the ECONOMIC concept ... so ...

Remundo wrote:[Sorry, Sadi (que) Carnot posed it thus, and so far, Nature has not contradicted it.]

Beware of what you say: you would risk angry Sadique Arnaud here present! Image
Last edited by Christophe the 02 / 02 / 09, 23: 51, 1 edited once.
0 x
Elec
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Elec » 02/02/09, 23:48

Christophe is right in my opinion: it is not enough to have a super high yield. The system that allows this high efficiency must also not cost too much.

The low cost CSP (simple vacuum tubes, temperature 110-120 ° C, sufficient to run an Organic Ranking Cycle with a substance having a low evaporation temperature) is in this sense very relevant. A very good start-up is working on the subject in the south of France but I have no right to say more;)

Tower solar power plants are also very interesting from this point of view.
Last edited by Elec the 02 / 02 / 09, 23: 52, 1 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/02/09, 23:50

Ah finally a little help : Cheesy:

ps: can you switch to skype now stp? I have 2 things to tell you
0 x
Elec
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Elec » 02/02/09, 23:52

ok Christophe, I connect.
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 03/02/09, 00:02

If we want the economic in the sense that it costs less, we lose in return.

it can help or delight the DIY enthusiast, the town planner, etc ... I agree.

it even made investors happy on the parabolic cylinder. because these gentlemen wanted a "return on invest" as soon as possible (to go and speculate elsewhere, perhaps?).

I repeat that over the long term (> 15 or 20 years), the energy efficiency of an installation is the key to economic profitability.

In addition, in terms of costs, it is not frankly more expensive, in any case it is less than 50% more expensive while it is 50% more powerful.

Otherwise, great your doc on agrofuels. I put it warm on my PC :D
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/02/09, 00:23

Remundo wrote:Furthermore, in terms of costs, it is not really more expensive, in any case it's less than 50% more expensive while it is 50% more powerful.

MDR the formula Image

You would not have been sales representative in another life say so?

Remundo wrote:Otherwise, great your doc on agrofuels. I put it warm on my PC :D

Ralalala Remundo !!

Still a big fan of forums who forgot to subscribe to RSS feeds (it doesn't bite!): https://www.econologie.com/abonnement-pa ... -3672.html
because this doc is on econo in the downloads for 4 days ...
https://www.econologie.com/agrocarburant ... -4025.html
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 03/02/09, 10:34

Christophe wrote:
Remundo wrote:I've been potashing the energy of deserts for years: concentration is the only one at the crossroads of technical, economic, thermodynamic and mechanical constraints.

We totally agree!
But the solar towers are precisely a form of concentration, you just do not pass an intermediary: air!
Didiou !!

No di diou di no di diou :P
It’s a concentration that doesn’t bring no significant temperature difference between the hot source and the cold source. At that time, you might as well line the Stirling floor or low-temperature organic Rankine with a simple sensor under glass. The return will not be worse.
And what type of concentrator do you think?
It seems to me to be a good compromise to reduce costs ...

It's funny, it seems to work in double reflection and focus in the back. it's also a lot of shade ... It seems to be inspired by a Fresnel lens made of mirrors. Complicated for a very uncertain return.
Do not take it badly, but your reasoning is characteristic of that of a teacher: you are looking for perfection ... inexhaustible except in books and on maps. A bit like Nazare finally ... and hop the circle is complete!

I like it when you talk to me like that Christophe, it proves that I'm on the right track : Cheesy:

For the DIY parabolic, all you need is a 1 mm mirror sheet plated on a geodesic mesh of aluminum slats. It's not expensive, the problem is the calculation of the distances where to make the small holes on the slats fairly inaccessible to ordinary people ...

I did it myself, for a 1,8m wide dish
and you're in luck if you want to try, this site does the calculations in 3 clicks

The best is often the enemy of good ...

And the less well the friend of the mediocre : Cheesy:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/02/09, 10:52

1) I think, on the contrary, that this "flat" concentrator is cheaper to manufacture: after all it is only welded sheet metal cut, inclined and rolled up.

If you want they are stacked truncated cones. I do not know if there is a curvature in the width of each slat. It doesn't seem like there is one, it's less easy to do and more expensive.

On the other hand the performances are surely lower than a cylindrical parabolic and even more than a parabolic therefore ...

But the inventor must have a good reason to choose this mode of concentration! Maybe the clutter? The weight?

2) For the parable, interesting link but you need a rigid parabola and therefore the size of your parabola will depend on the one you will find.

Christine wants to do one in the spring. We have a subject on it but the "pure" parable side is a bit missing: https://www.econologie.com/forums/paraboles- ... t5996.html

I did it myself, for a 1,8m wide dish

Could you give us a little complete tutorial? PLEASE Sir say yes say yes! : Cheesy: If you have already done it, it's because I missed that ... : Oops:
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 03/02/09, 11:04

Hi Christopher,

The tutorial is quickly seen.

it happens at Castorama.

Buy aluminum slats 20x2mmx200mm
Make a hole in the middle.
Then make the other holes according to the lengths indicated by this site.

Buy their shiny aluminum mirror sheet:
http://www.castorama.fr/store/tole-alum ... 196916.htm

There is also 500x500 mm
http://www.castorama.fr/store/tole-alum ... 174614.htm

15 € each (60 euro for 1m²)

You have to pre-assemble the geodetic mesh, then place the sheets on it. Make the holes there as you go.

Important:
1. Bolting from the center to finish on the sides.
2. Allow the sheets to overlap to release the stresses.

Here. Normal that you missed it, I never said it, I wait to have more things (in particular automatic solar dot) before communicating : Cheesy:

for rigidity, it is the geodetic mesh that does the job (bolting makes the slats form a rigid lattice (obviously, do not roll over it with a tank ... :D )
0 x