Thermal buffer: avoid surface evaporation of hot water with oil or other blocking product?

General scientific debates. Presentations of new technologies (not directly related to renewable energies or biofuels or other themes developed in other sub-sectors) forums).
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Thermal buffer: avoid surface evaporation of hot water with oil or other blocking product?

by sicetaitsimple » 26/01/23, 12:05

Christophe wrote:Yes ok, I call that an air intake...

If you want ..... But an "air intake", it remains open permanently, while a vacuum breaker it normally opens only when the circuit passes under vacuum! :D
But in fact if it drains correctly now, where is the problem?
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Thermal buffer: avoid surface evaporation of hot water with oil or other blocking product?

by sicetaitsimple » 26/01/23, 12:19

Obamot wrote:— thank you for not omitting the essence of my remarks in your quotations. (added in yellow)

I didn't omit anything, since I wrote " The solution is not "so easy" to implement....plus 3 screen pages". It is just enough for those who are interested to refer to these 3 pages.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/01/23, 12:23

The problem is that I don't know where the drain air is coming from! : Mrgreen: And that a possible layer of solid wax (winter) could prevent emptying! So it is absolutely necessary that I clarify this point before putting 500€ in paraffin...

I just know that the discharge of solar water is below the water level because I have bubbles when the first liter of water comes back into the buffer...(and the water intake too... necessarily...)...and that there is no control other than that of the solar pump (therefore no solenoid valve that opens or closes...)

Maybe there is no air intake simply because the pressure drops and the diameters of the pipes are sufficient for the water to fall under the action of gravity?

In operation there is always a little air in the pipes (on the water descent) otherwise it would be totally silent (cavitation air ???)

When the pump stops there is a delay of about 5 seconds before the water starts to fall on the solar panel side...

Here's what I can say...

I would have to open the buffer when the pump starts and is in stabilized operation (never done) to understand exactly the pumping circuit...but it's a very simple system...
0 x
dede2002
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by dede2002 » 26/01/23, 15:19

Christophe wrote:...
Maybe there is no air intake simply because the pressure drops and the diameters of the pipes are sufficient for the water to fall under the action of gravity?

How could water sink if its volume is not compensated with air?

At home, the water goes back down when the pumps stop, the meters turn upside down, and the pumps too. (I have fans in parallel with the pumps, they turn during the descent, powered by the pumps).
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 26/01/23, 15:26

sicetaitsimple wrote:
Obamot wrote:— thank you for not omitting the essence of my remarks in your quotations. (added in yellow)

I didn't omit anything, since I wrote " The solution is not "so easy" to implement....plus 3 screen pages". It is just enough for those who are interested to refer to these 3 pages.
Yes, yes, you forgot this:

Being constructive, you could have said that to cover the 26,5 m2 of the swimming pool with 40 panels 125 x 60cm grooved/crested of extruded polystyrene th. 3cm, it would cost the "staggering" investment of approx. 40€ of insulation only in total, and in one go for more than 50 years of operation. (Instead of 500€ for paraffin, i.e. 12 times more). The energy savings achieved would reimburse this small amount "X" times, which would mean that it would cost nothing in the end (oh yes, a Weekend of elbow grease and the hardware: aluminum crosspieces and PVC supports + buffers for concrete, galvanized wire* and stainless steel screws! And this for ZERO HASSLE)...

PS: although long lines exist at 45€ per box of 100... More expensive than PE) : Cheesy:
1 x
dede2002
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by dede2002 » 26/01/23, 16:34

Christophe spoke about the temperature of the edge of the slab, I still hope that the top is insulated...
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 26/01/23, 16:41

Obamot wrote:you forgot this:
.... which would mean that it wouldn't cost anything in the end (oh yes, a Weekend of elbow grease and the hardware: aluminum crosspieces and PVC supports + concrete pads, galvanized wire * and stainless steel screws! And this for ZERO HASSLE)...

But how heavy it is!
Christophe, can you tell him once and for all that apart from being a cave diver it is impossible to intervene in this capacity?
And if not, invite him really "a Weekend" to mount his false ceiling, you offer him lodging, cover and with a little luck a good Legionnaire's disease....
1 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 26/01/23, 16:53

I'm not "heavy" we only discuss : Cheesy:

From what I understood — and although you misled us on the wrong track, higher — there would be 2,70m depth (3m overall) and a site of 1,2m to enter it: anything else? : Oops: :P
Ah yes, "Tophe revealed that in fact he did not want to empty the pool, I just suggested decanting part of it and lowering the temperature by 20⁰C (approximately) so that he could work in the water.. . So it seemed resolved, which is why I won't dwell on it. He's big enough to decide on his own what he wants to do....

At the limit, if the water level is high enough, it could be quite easy by progressing and clinging to the future attachments of the lines, and the necessary equipment could be placed in floating waterproof plastic boxes... And drilling machine batteries... 10W LED torch... A buoy even doing the trick to stay afloat... not even needing a gangway now that I think about it!
0 x
SebastianL
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by SebastianL » 26/01/23, 18:31

Christophe wrote:Empty box?

Closing these traps has greatly reduced the noise of the water in the pipes while allowing emptying… it has been working like this for more than 10 winters without worries…

The vacuum slows down the descent of the water when the circulation pumps stop, it's pretty good
0 x
SebastianL
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by SebastianL » 26/01/23, 18:41

dede2002 wrote:How could water sink if its volume is not compensated with air?

Either air leaks on the circuit (losses of water when it turns) or the oxidation of the piping which gives hydrogen which creates pockets of gas at the top of the circuit, authorizing the descent of the water
0 x

Back to "Science and Technology"