DIY electrification of vehicles of all kinds!

Cars, buses, bicycles, electric airplanes: all electric transportation that exist. Conversion, engines and electric drives for transport ...
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: DIY electrification of vehicles of all kinds!

by Leo Maximus » 28/11/18, 11:20

PITMIX wrote:...

It is interesting as an idea but to pass the tiller is generally useless.
1 x
PITMIX
Pantone engine Researcher

by PITMIX » 05/12/18, 08:07

Hello
Maximus léo it at least serves to furnish the earth so by making less noise and bad smells it's better : Cheesy:
Do not try ESC in charge of model building, you will grill them directly. An ESC is good for testing on the workbench.
Ebike caar controllers are required; they can collect the intensity necessary to supply the starting torque, not ESC even in 16s 500A. Indeed for an alternator of more than 100A it takes a 48V1500W supplied with at least 48V. You can go up to 72V without problem.
The Chinese controllers from 0 to 1500W are all dual mode. That is to say with or without hall sensors.
Above 1500W it is almost impossible to find in sensorless, so do not try to go higher than 1500W.
The Chinese 48 / 64V 1500W controllers on the various Ebay and Ali purchasing sites are all the same.
3 phases 60 to 120 ° brushless 18 Mosfets
Here is an example :
https://www.banggood.com/fr/DC-48V-1500 ... rehouse=CN
They range from 23 € to around 40 € but they are strictly identical.
Right now they are easier to find on Bangood and Ebay. They have been hard to find on Aliexpress for a few months.
Regarding the accelerator, the hall sensor handle or a 10kOhm knob sends the signal back to the controller processor, which is responsible for varying the switching sequences of the Mosfets. In this case 18 mosfets for the 1500W 48 / 64V controller, which will have the effect of varying the voltage at the controller output over the 3 phases. The higher the desired voltage, the more it will switch at a high frequency.
1 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 05/12/18, 08:29

The converters are available on Ebay for 4 € so sometimes as much not to take the head, in addition they have an aluminum shell and the circuit is cast in resin to be waterproof.

https://www.ebay.fr/itm/DC-36V-48V-72V- ... 2749.l2649

To power the armature it is possible to use an Arduino a guy had made the diagram for me.
At that time I was looking for an adjustable power supply to vary the voltage from 33 to 12V.
It is possible to use an ESC Brushed 30A to do this if you want to vary the voltage from 0 to 12VDC.
The lower the voltage on the armature the faster the motor turns, at the same time it lowers the torque so below 8VDC there is not enough torque for proper use.
However, beyond 12V the torque is higher, which can be useful in some cases.
The risk is overheating of the rotor winding or the idea of ​​not supplying power permanently above 12V.
I tested on my 51MBK with a Brushed 24V / 250W Controller powered by 33V.
Torque of truck and gun start in 33V then lowering to 12VDC in top speed for a gain of 10km / h.
Attachments
arduino induced power supply.png
Arduino adjustable induced power supply diagram
arduino alim induit.png (156.81 KiB) Viewed 7848 times
1 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 05/12/18, 08:52

Voltage variation 0 to 12VDC on the armature with ESC BRUSHED 30A

Voltage variation 0 to 33VDC on the armature with a 24V / 250w Brushed Ebike Controller
Function test with a knob on a 24VDC motor

Test in real condition on the alternator armature with trigger handle
1 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 09/02/19, 09:18

Here is one of my last tinkerers.

2 x
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 09/02/19, 16:07

PITMIX wrote:Here is one of my last tinkerers.

Congratulations!

Finally, it seems simple or at least possible without too much difficulty.

It recalls this old project of Serge Dassault (Cleanova, in 2008) who proposed to recover the cases of thermal cars of the big brands to make a standard change of thermal engine by an electric motor. We talked about it on econology.

At the time Serge Dassault was unable to reach an agreement with the builders and the project had been abandoned despite the demonstration of its feasibility and its advantages.
An interview with Serge Dassault carried out by further investigation of France 2 in October 2008.
The CEO of Dassault, initiator of the Cleanova electric vehicle program, does not hide his anger against the big manufacturers who did not support him to build his electric vehicles.

http://www.avem.fr/video-265-cleanova-sve-interview-de-serge-dassault.html

Interesting to hear again Serge Dassault's comments on this "impossible" industrial transition in the era from thermal to electric!

Today, if the automobile manufacturers see their interest in it (which is unlikely), perhaps we will be moving towards consumer cars on which we can make a standard change of engine by replacing the thermal by the electric without too much difficulty.
0 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 09/02/19, 17:28

In fact the answer really suited to the city for a majority of city dwellers is not the zoé or other heavy and bulky car but it is Valéo which offers the same thing as what I did but in reliable ( better car) and efficient (better battery and better engine).
They use a 48V Valéo alternator-starter and it gives a more efficient and cheaper car than those without an electric license.

1 x
David69
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by David69 » 30/10/22, 13:19

hello everyone hello pitmix
I often watch your videos on Youtube
In particular the 51 MBK
I am making a project 103 motorized alternator
I would have liked to know more
I'm going to use a water cooled 150 amp valeo
I would like to get as much out of it as possible to reach a small 80
Is it possible ??
What would the setup be?
0 x