New forum to come, what do you want as functions?

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 14/12/15, 18:06

[Flytox Moderation]
0 x
Thiazolinones neuro toxic to avoid them being everywhere, madness, killing at least ppm, bacteria and your neurons, which multiplies Alzheimer !!
The bees disappear pesticide, Roundup, and are killing us slowly. http://www.pollinis.org/petitions/petit ... noides.php
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 14/12/15, 23:15

The problem with this Gaston is that the message remains despite all the name of the author and the reservation of the location of the message itou, it is simply hidden with the mention that the one who posted it is in his list of ignored. This is extremely frustrating because not knowing what the person wrote can be considered an idiot.
In fact, after using the function it is removed quickly enough.
The only interest is to reduce the temptation to answer, but the balance of all that is not very positive.

On the other hand, there is something rather dissuasive. It is the submission of the messages of a quidam to approval before being published (or recaled) so nobody sees them until they have been accepted for publication. And for the most recalcitrant, just validate once a week, like that when the message appears (if it appears), water has passed under the bridge and everyone has turned the page ... The message will remain dead letter.

Obamot wrote:[Flytox Moderation]

I want to clarify that this was a humorous and that the links that targeted abuse and in this case HS of [xxx] did not have to be removed. Otherwise, Gaston's comment does not make sense anymore. (And the HS is still there : Mrgreen: )
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 15/12/15, 10:26

Obamot wrote:The problem with this Gaston is that the message remains despite all the name of the author and the reservation of the location of the message itou, it is simply hidden with the mention that the one who posted it is in his list of ignored.
I agree with your remarks, but the function exists on others forums and I use it happily (and sparingly).

Obamot wrote:This is extremely frustrating because not knowing what the person wrote can be considered an idiot.
In practice, I only read messages from "ignored" people if someone has already replied to them.

Obamot wrote:In fact, after using the function it is removed quickly enough.
The only interest is to reduce the temptation to answer, but the balance of all that is not very positive.
If it's not a big job to activate it, we can always do it.
Then it's up to everyone to decide whether to use it ... or not ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/12/15, 11:06

Thank you for all these suggestions but no one (apart from me of course) has been touring the extensions that exist?

Because it would certainly give some ideas to some people.

a) List of official extensions already available (quite limited for the moment because of the radical change of heart from 3.0 to 3.1): https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/extensions-36

b) Extensions under development (in June 2015): http://www.ezcom-fr.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=279&

I presume that the extensions indicated in green are already available, those in red abandoned and the others in dev ...
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 15/12/15, 11:44

We must insist on this fact:

A troll needs an audience because the content of what he posts is low. (I do not remember who said that the Internet gave visibility to imbeciles, and I add, they have become quite clever in the evasion for the "form" but still as null and uncultivated on the "bottom". . ^^)

So I deduce, but it's pure speculation on my part, that such an "ignore" function always gives them TOO MUCH visibility and even almost more importance, because it does not in any way slow them down in their spaming.

It is therefore necessary to break this visibility which plumb the debates, to raise the level, which will give a better attractiveness, thus a raising of the audience ... (Even if it is the quality which is aimed, it does not will be the consequence ... I have not forgotten what Chatelot said ^^) and in my humble opinion.

It would also be good if each one informs his profile on the studies he has followed. I did it, but these data have disappeared, I will put them back for the sake of transparency: but it would be well to require them for those who have long teeth and who take themselves for experts on subjects they do not know visibly and in which they have no legitimacy: this would strengthen the credibility of the forum. (And especially it would quickly avoid verbal escalations ...)
It is not a question of devaluing those who do not have a diploma, that we do not care, but at least that everyone informs on what he has studied.
(For example: 5 years of experience in ... [...])
Implicitly, it would imply to enlarge the available field of available text in the profile, which is rather limited.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 15/12/15, 14:19

that it is the user who ignores the message of certain member does not solve anything ... the one who knows well the forum is not the most embarrassed by the cumbersome message

it's the newcomers who are put off by these cumbersome messges: it is to have a forum pleasant for the new ones that we should hide what is harmful

if a moderator could in a single click to format hidden all the answers of a member on a subject, the useful answer would not be lost in tens of page useless, alas it would remain the answer to the subject of the other member. but it would not be a deaf dialogue because whoever wants to understand can always click on the hidden message to make them appear fully

we could even give each user the possibility of hiding their own message to hide the answer to trolls that have already been hidden: the number of pages of a certain subject could be reduced to what is useful ... the moderator hides a troll in one click, and the other member hides themselves the answer to the troll

remains to know what can be done with this new PHPBB ... I never understood everything to the old version ... I learned that many function that I learned about the forum PHPBB machinings.com were not original function of PHPBB but had been programmed by the administarteur of machining ... is with the new version of phpbb all should have been restarted, and suddenly it was renounced phpbb and switched to another software: xenforo, but alas this xenforo is paying, so it is not easy to have fun trying it in its corner as phpbb
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 15/12/15, 15:36

chatelot16 wrote:that it is the user who ignores the message of certain member does not solve anything ... the one who knows well the forum is not the most embarrassed by the cumbersome message
This is your point of view, not mine.
I find that it is a comfort, and as no one is obliged to use it, those who find that it is useless can ignore until the existence of the function.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 15/12/15, 16:26

I do not say that the ignore function is useless

I wrote that it does not solve anything, I should have written that it does not solve the problem of quality of the forum degraded by the troll

the worst would be that all the usual members ignore the same troll so the trolls would be invisible to the regulars, and new readers would fall on a forum completely trolled

it would be the same foil effect as advertising on certain forum : regulars do not complain because it disappears when you are registered, but it is hell for new so there is no new!
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 15/12/15, 16:28

chatelot16 wrote:I do not say that the ignore function is useless

I wrote that it does not solve anything, I should have written that it does not solve the problem of quality of the forum degraded by the troll
Certainly, but Christophe asks what functions we want, not what functions would be useful to forum : Mrgreen:

Christophe wrote:a) List of official extensions already available (quite limited at the moment due to the radical change of heart from 3.0 to 3.1)
Apart from the zodiac sign and the phase of the moon, I do not see : Mrgreen:
0 x
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 15/12/15, 19:16

This post has grown too fast and I have not read everything.

I still do 3 suggestions (some have already been done):

- the preview before posting a comment is very useful and allows to check the overall presentation of a post and reread it more easily,

- I happen to start a comment and leave it a few minutes before returning. At the time of validation, it is necessary to reconnect but the input window returns empty! You must either go back to find all the written text, or have it previously Copy to reoller (now I know it so I do not have me).

- to take the idea of ​​chatelot, (note the popularity of a comment), it would be interesting to be able to click its agreement or disagreement: Image Thus, at a glance we can notice the most timely comments which is interesting when there are several pages of debate.

- go, one last tip but that will be difficult to put into practice: some posts are moving away from the initial subject by comments + or - troll, or exchanges between 2 protagonists disagree on a point, sometimes a detail, and who go on in answers, and re-answers, and re-re ....
It's a shame and I dropped some posts because of that.
It would be interesting to imagine an indicator that allows us to visualize if the debate is still related to the initial subject, a kind of bar that positions the level of debate:
Blue> the debate is on the subject
Green> the debate oscillates between the subject and the question of the sex of the angels
Yellow> be careful, it goes in baby bottle
Orange> Ouch ... we start to forget what we should talk about
Rouge> That's it, we are completely in the cabbage
0 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"