Chase the aluminum of your life, for your health!

How to stay healthy and prevent risks and consequences on your health and public health. occupational disease, industrial risks (asbestos, air pollution, electromagnetic waves ...), company risk (workplace stress, overuse of drugs ...) and individual (tobacco, alcohol ...).
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 28/05/13, 13:12

Does pasteurized milk no longer exist at all?

: Shock:

For my part I only take 0% milk when I find only UHT, so I do not suffer the problem that is blamed (poor assimilation of fats and decalcification). I like milk, but it would be better to do without it, according to some sources ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/05/13, 14:00

Uh the UHT process is not a kind of pasteurization ???
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 28/05/13, 17:08

Certainly it starts from the same principle, but => UHT = Upérisation

UHT = Ultra High Temperature => sterilization from 140 to 150 ° C

While pasteurization is between 62 ° C and 88 ° C.

wiki wrote:If this temperature is exceeded, we attack the chemical integrity of certain elements of the product, making it unfit to bear the administrative qualifier of "fresh"

This is why we can find the upérisé sold in non-refrigerated department.

In some ways, the uterization would be better than pasteurization if it was done at a stable temperature of 95 ° C (it doesn't matter if it's short, on the contrary):
- because we know that it is at this temperature that we lose the least organoleptic properties, vitamins, etc ... hence the interest of steam cooking!)
- because the process of uterization, which cooks the milk, lasts only for 2 to 5 seconds then the cooling is done just as quickly. And since we now know that it is not the cooking temperature that destroys the vitamins, but the rise and fall in temperature. If it's very short, you lose the minimum, except that 150 ° C is too much.

Once again, it is the commercial interest of manufacturers and distributors that prevails over the health of consumers. It will have to stop one day!
0 x

Back to "Health and Prevention. Pollution, causes and effects of environmental risks "