[Abuse] Limit the duration to edit his messages

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 07/04/12, 01:45

citro notes with regret:
Sometimes I lose my messages before I post them for good ...

then to avoid, preventively, before viewing or sending, do CtrlA, then Ctrl C and recover with Ctrl V.

and also use the free ClipboardRecorder program which keeps all your CtrlC past for days on file.
0 x
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 07/04/12, 07:54

Not dedicated it's ctrl X then Ctrl Alt Supp 2 times : Mrgreen:
Try it. It works well.
0 x
"Not to see Evil, not to hear Evil, not to speak Evil" 3 little monkeys Mizaru
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 07/04/12, 09:58

highflyaddict wrote:Even if I understand that the editorial quality can be affected.
In any case, this will constrain some : roll: : roll: to turn their fingers seven times before attacking the keyboard ... and that's not a shame!

chatelot16 wrote:completely agree!
writing anything and being able to delete afterwards is not correct

highflyaddict wrote:Exactly! Or even ... downright dishonest!

So the good of this general measure is to prevent dishonest alterations!

It seems to me that this concerns 4 people, to break everything…

I don't see why, the writing becoming immediate, passionate, the level would improve…
The insults will remain

In short, because the non-standard investigators are not moderate, we restrict those who respect the forum and who do it for the best.

(It reminds me so much of current politics…)
:|
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 07/04/12, 10:00

gegyx wrote:I thought until then that a topic was constructed so that other interested people could read it later.
Solid files with different opinions for each subject.

And it is indeed the case !!!

It is necessary to compare a subject to a televised debate: what would happen if the speakers could change their intervention via a post montage? This could completely change the message of the debate!

Somewhere this is called manipulation ...

Citro wrote:Does that also impact the preview of messages before they are posted.

Not at all. You can edit and preview as much as you want (I think my personal record for writing a message is within 1 hour ...)

In your case what I would do is edit in a text file and post when it's ready. I do it sometimes for long messages ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 07/04/12, 10:11

gegyx wrote:I don't see why, the writing becoming immediate, passionate, the level would improve…

Maybe because we will be more careful ... already said above!
The best is to see how it goes on the ground right?

gegyx wrote:The insults will remain

Yes this is part of bad behavior ...

Insults are less of a problem (moderation) than bad faith behavior ...

Frankly, except for conflicts between 2 or 3 "hot blood", I find the atmosphere rather good here (especially since we are on a sensitive subject: go see some nuclear debate on others forums ecolo ...) and quite absent trolls in general!

gegyx wrote:In short, because the non-standard investigators are not moderate, we restrict those who respect the forum and who do for the best.…

There is a moderation ... obviously we can always do better ...
The ban of a member is, except troll, is an act which must remain rare! If it's for a regular with hundreds of messages (there were 2 or 3) it's sad ...

gegyx wrote:(It reminds me so much of current politics…)

That's bad ... :|
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 07/04/12, 10:51

Christophe wrote:
Citro wrote:Does that also impact the preview of messages before they are posted.
Not at all. You can edit and preview as much as you want (I think my personal record for writing a message is within 1 hour ...)
In your case what I would do is edit in a text file and post when it's ready. I do it sometimes for long messages ...
Well, I had lost this habit since my internet connection had become more reliable, I'll get back to it.
I often put more than an hour between the start of writing and the time when I post my final message after preview, if I am interrupted by other tasks.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 07/04/12, 10:56

citro wrote:if I am interrupted by other tasks.

Ah too? : Cheesy:
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 07/04/12, 12:13

gegyx wrote:
highflyaddict wrote:Even if I understand that the editorial quality can be affected.
In any case, this will constrain some : roll: : roll: to turn their fingers seven times before attacking the keyboard ... and that's not a shame!

chatelot16 wrote:completely agree!
writing anything and being able to delete afterwards is not correct

highflyaddict wrote:Exactly! Or even ... downright dishonest!

So the good of this general measure is to prevent dishonest alterations!

It seems to me that this concerns 4 people, to break everything…

I don't see why, the writing becoming immediate, passionate, the level would improve…
The insults will remain

In short, because the non-standard investigators are not moderate, we restrict those who respect the forum and who do it for the best.

(It reminds me so much of current politics…)

It is true that for those who have the habit - unpleasant for the reader, we can also agree - to edit their messages after publication (as often me), it's just a blow to take, not very bad as a measure. ..

On the other hand - since it was visible when reading - those who published then edited, did so without thinking badly and without ulterior motives and in complete transparency so that everyone could read. But if that can avoid hypothetical "voluntary manipulations", why not ...
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 10/04/12, 09:58

On some forum you can't even edit your posts ...

On another I personally edited my 6000 messages to erase all the content and leave only a smiley following a personal desire to no longer be part of this community (it took me 4 days and almost as many nights , and, despite my removal from the said forum I continue to receive emails from this one .. So there are always traces) ... no longer editing is one thing. Being able to opt out of a group and empty your drawers should be (and I believe it is possible) a right.

By the way for spelling mistakes, mine are underlined in red as and when writing a post ...

Ouff I was able to edit it ... I wanted to add a little off topic ... Regarding the cite function ... Some of them use treacherously by only citing the authors partially ... What effectively denatures completely the original comments ... In the case of more or less heated discussions, these comments removed from their context several pages (see several months) after, very often only make things worse ....
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 10/04/12, 11:21

Absolutely.

But a quote -is- a quote, it does not need to reflect the entire text, hence the fact that abuses are tempting on the part of some twisted minds ... This is why a journalistic rule would like us to put two hooks with three small dots in the middle [...] as soon as we removed text which was not required to understand the content, and sometimes in the same line of thinking, to underline a slip or even report an omission, etc.

Besides it allows me to make two small requests going in the direction of more transparency, to complete what you say Macro and avoid it to a large extent, it would be nice to see appear:
date and time to which the original message was posted and from which the quote is taken (this would make it possible to verify a possible manipulation of date without tedious research).
- and to be even clearer,
add in the same quote: the small interactive square containing the link, which allows you to find the passage quoted with a single click.
As it appears in the header in our original messages, to the left of the indication:

Not to mention that it would save crazy time for mods ... and calm the nerves. : Mrgreen:
0 x

Go back to "The bistro: site life, leisure and relaxation, humor and conviviality and Classifieds"