Parasite on tomatoes, effects of late blight?

Organize and arrange your garden and vegetable garden: ornamental, landscape, wild garden, materials, fruits and vegetables, vegetable garden, natural fertilizers, shelters, pools or natural swimming pool. lifetime plants and crops in your garden.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 13/08/09, 21:38

I just sprayed horsetail on the potatoes, as a precaution ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 15/08/09, 05:37

Hello
Some pictures of the garden today
it's not a good year bad production tomatoes it's been 15 days that we eat it, the quantity is rather low
the peppers are not high although they produce
The cucumbers are very weak normally at this time of the year I fill them with big bags.
eggplant it will take another 15 days
zucchini quantity is low quality acceptable
salad tends to go up
onions are beautiful
Even the vines that suffered this winter have trouble recovering
there was not enough snow at the start of the season to protect it

Andre

0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 15/08/09, 08:02

André you have a beautiful vegetable garden, hat!
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 18/08/09, 23:43

Well, well since we show it, my turn! : Cheesy:

Tomatoes not mildewed:

Cucurbits:

With my favorites, baby pumpkins ...

Potatoes to feed Colorado potato beetles ...

A bit of everything, mixed ...

Raspberries :

Overview :
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Other

by Other » 19/08/09, 00:17

Hello Woodcutter

Beautiful garden, I enclose another culture hidden in the but just good for recycling : Cry:

It's not trenches ..

0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/09/11, 12:56

Baking soda, a biological fight against Milidou?

The tomato MILDIOU: how to avoid this scourge?

The word "mildew" is as frightening to tomatophiles as the word "plague" to the populations of the Middle Ages, because it suggests "generalized hecatomb".

But the term "mildew" is often used generically to designate fungal diseases that are quite different from each other, however, with the devastation of the future harvest in common. So there is some confusion on the subject.

The pathogen responsible for the true "mildew" is the microscopic "phytophthora infestans", the spores of which are ubiquitous in nature but only develop when precise joint conditions of humidity and temperature take place, more precisely in a fateful gap that is created between those of day and night.

It is generally considered that late blight can only be treated preventively. And the product traditionally used for about 150 years is the famous "Bordeaux mixture", based on copper sulphate neutralized with lime.

Without going into all the details here, Anne and I haven't been using "Bordeaux mixture" for almost two years. If nothing allows us to doubt its effectiveness, we are too afraid of its undoubted side effects (by accumulation) on the environment and health, and hate the infamous turquoise blue spots it leaves on the fruits. We therefore sought an alternative, other than the more organic one of nettle manure, with noticeable but too uncertain effectiveness.

We found this alternative in baking soda (fine quality for baking, available in most general food stores). By mixing 2,5 gr of baking soda in a liter of water, and adding a teaspoon of biodegradable liquid soap to it, we get a sprayable solution which has so far brought us great satisfaction and more serenity .

Tomatophile friends - and in particular the very experienced Michel Loutte - confirmed such encouraging results to us.

In addition, after the tremendous mildew offensive that we saw on August 23, 2007 in our tomato plants, and where we were convinced that we had lost everything, we were able to observe a real curative effect as well. This allowed us to present another thirty or so old varieties, with fruits in perfect condition, at the Haverskerque Tomato Festival (Nord Pas-de-Calais) which took place on September 9th.

This year, experimentally and for the treatment of only a few plants, we replaced the liquid soap with neem oil, in the hope that this natural phytosanitary product (It comes to us from the north of India, and releases a wax odor) more resistant to runoff and fixes the baking soda on the foliage longer. Indeed, we grow our tomatoes outdoors and in the ground, and the too many showers of this summer quickly rinse the anticryptogamic product sprayed on the foliage, despite the addition of fixing soap. As we do not wish to have to spray more than once every 15 days, neem oil - in addition to its own preventive and curative properties - gives us full satisfaction as a replacement for liquid soap. We are also thinking very seriously, after an overall assessment that we will draw up at the end of the season, to generalize this practice next year.

After August 15, the vigilance of the gardeners of the North of the Loire must be increased tenfold with regard to the real downy mildew, which, if we allow it, will destroy without state of soul their beautiful tomatoes of the late varieties, those that we are almost unanimous to consider as unequaled in taste.

Very tomatophilically and very cordially devoted,

José

Source: http://lestomatesdeanneetjose.skynetblo ... fleau.html
0 x
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by phil53 » 14/09/11, 18:43

If you make tomatoes other than cherries, you have to cut.
C to say to leave only the head of the top and to cut all the others which generally leave at the level or the leaves grow on the trunk.
Indeed it will be necessary to ventilate and when you water it should not put water on the leaves. Ideally drop by drop.
0 x

Back to "Garden: landscaping, plants, garden, ponds and pools"