Driving "ecologically" by car

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/12/08, 14:19

a) Ah ok sorry for traffic jam (it's a word that I no longer know since we got lost in the Ardennes).

b) Yes you just have to keep the car from idling in 2nd gear : Mrgreen:
0 x
Olivier22
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Olivier22 » 17/12/08, 15:42

Anyway, when you don't need big power, always shift to the highest gear without going under-regime

I'm often at 50 km / h in 5th on the flat, barely touching the pedal: no problem.
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 17/12/08, 21:27

Hello Olivier22
Olivier22 wrote:PS: And it also has the stop & start-freewheel, which consists of letting yourself roll on gentle slopes or slow decelerations, then restarting by clutching a little blow, a gear engaged ... There, no problem of emptying the battery ! But don't stay cut too long when you have hydraulic steering assistance because the pressure ends up falling and it becomes hard ... Ditto for the brake assistance, on all models there by cons, even that on some you lose assistance almost instantly ... But on the ZX no problem, notice to the owners : Mrgreen: )

This manipulation is very dangerous, you cannot guess after how many brakes and steering wheel rotation the controls will harden suddenly. It's the best thing for killing yourself and other road users. : Evil: :frown:

In addition, when the ignition is switched off, at the slightest small position error in the Neiman, you can find yourself with the steering blocked .... very interesting in a turn .......Image
A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Olivier22
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Olivier22 » 17/12/08, 21:36

I never said it was not dangerous
Either way the freewheel is dangerous in itself.
I would not have the idea to do it on winding road or on a crossroads. Only in a straight line with only one brake (light or stop at the end). To be exact, I extend the braking for the entire deceleration so I don't pump air with the brake booster.
This to keep me a margin of safety ... Because of experience, I can make about 2 turns and 3 braking with assistance after cutting the mill, with the ZX. Or a good minute without touching anything.
This is not the case on all cars, you obviously have to know your car.
It’s like I don’t know who said that he felt that his wife’s car wasn’t braking because he wasn’t used to it… well, it brakes, but you have to know it that's all.

As for the Neiman's position error ... Should be really gaga there ... At least as much gaga as to laugh at the pedal, and that is not dangerous?
0 x
coucou789456
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by coucou789456 » 20/12/08, 10:57

Hello

C moa wrote:..................
I got into the habit of engaging my gears without accelerating, keeping only the "force" of idling.
In 3rd, I go up to 30-40km / h which is more than enough.
Of course on the hill it is not possible.

And then, lately, I rented another car and I of course adopted the same attitude except that there, the controller of instantaneous consumption was panicking. At times, it showed me 12/14 l / 100: shock:: shock:

personally, I practice this solution since I have my diesel vehicle, my odometer indicates 215000 km approximately. however that of warning on behalf of mechanic, and other more or less well-intentioned people, that I tire the engine, that I am under mode, that I consume more, etc ... but I do not exceed the 5.5 l / 100 in town only, for a simple diesel, without turbo, but still with 7% of sp 95.

++++++++++++++
obviously 12 or 14 l / 100, this is normal, it is an instant consumption per 100 km and in first gear to start, I would even say that it is not much. the calculator estimates the consumption over 100 km at this engaged ratio.

overall in town, and on the flat, my engine very rarely exceeds 1500 rpm, otherwise, in 5th gear at idle, it's already 45 km / h around, so 1000 rpm at 50, which is very reasonable, especially that it is you who pay the fuel ...

but do not spread your system around you too much, you will be taken for a sick, irresponsible, etc ... every time a foreign person gets into my car, I am taken for crazy to drive like that.

and I'm only talking about speed here, when I bring up the subject of the gasoline and diesel mixture, it's incredulity, or so, it's yes ... yes, but in fact they let me speak, nothing more ... without taking it into account.

jeff

ps: for many neiman, the steering locks only when the key is removed from the lock. on the other hand, the power steering is deactivated as soon as the engine stops, for the brake, it's a habit to have, just know that without assistance, you have to press like a patient on the pedal, but it also works although with assistance, I would even say better because without assistance, it is much more difficult to lock the wheels, the equivalent of an ABS almost!
0 x
philsw
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by philsw » 20/12/08, 17:36

Watch out for easy generalizations !!!
In cars, we don't always find the same technology in detail everywhere.
For example, not all starters are the same !!! Some are greedy in electricity, others not !!.
Put gasoline in the diesel, why not but I doubt that the very last injection at 2000 bar appreciate bcp in the long term.
In addition, chemically the mixture degrades the toxic compositions in rejects from pots and with a particle filter hello damage.
In short it is the best way to pollute more (I'm not talking about CO2 which is not a pollutant).
0 x
hybrid SUV
Gregconstruct
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gregconstruct » 21/12/08, 10:40

No agreement on the fact that CO2 is not a pollutant !!!
0 x
Every action counts for our planet !!!
philsw
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by philsw » 21/12/08, 11:59

What is pollutant? Clear that at high doses we die, but otherwise without CO2 no life on earth !!
It is above all a GHG of which we still do not know the real long-term effects in too high a concentration on our planet. Maybe some life will be affected by it (if it is the man it is not more serious than if it is the mosquitoes eh ... man is only a pest on our planet anyway ) but in the meantime our near future life will first be affected by toxic pollutants. Besides, to work closely with cancer research, I can say that our future and that of our children is likely to be painful for many of us !!
0 x
hybrid SUV
Did67

by Did67 » 21/12/08, 15:11

philsw wrote:Watch out for easy generalizations !!!
In cars, we don't always find the same technology in detail everywhere.

1) Indeed. Attention all owners of Citroën "with hydraulic suspension" (this is not the case with the ZX!): when you brake, it is not you who brake, it is you who control a valve which uses the pressure of the hydraulic circuit: therefore no braking at all if you shut off the engine! (there is a looking reserve, in reality, constituted by the spheres under pressure). Personally, follower of this kind of vehicles, I would never cut the engine !!!

2) With new systems (in Diesel, HDI or equivalent) and with recent petrol engines (to calculators and multipoint fuel injection - often a name with an "i"), for consumption, no need to cut the engine: the computer cuts the injection (diesel or petrol) as soon as the engine no longer needs power ... What needs to be done is to think about easing off !!! Question consumption, it is absurd, on this type of engines, to cut them ... Another behavior inherited from another generation ...

3) Start a modern hot engine = insignificant "effort" (in terms of electrical consumption); the lubrication did not stop completely during a red light (I mean that the oil film has not been absorbed - do not forget that we have very technical oils today, nothing to see with old mineral oils ...).
Last edited by Did67 the 21 / 12 / 08, 15: 18, 1 edited once.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 21/12/08, 15:15

philsw wrote:It is above all a GHG of which we still do not know the real long-term effects in too high a concentration on our planet.

We are still beginning to understand the effects of global warming! It's not just cancers that make you die, storms too, and floods (even if it's less here) ...

For me, saving a little CO² of fossil origin (fuel), it is worth it ... Even if it is not only that.

Note that we do not necessarily disagree: the reduction in conosmmation often goes hand in hand with the reduction of CO² AND that of what you call "pollutant". There is no opposition!
0 x