Moto Voxan died

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
oiseautempete
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by oiseautempete » 01/03/10, 16:27

avibel wrote:Would Voxan enthusiasts lose their identity if they had to drive on a medium displacement? Most European motorcycles is not due to their slightly glamorous (or sexy if you want) image?
It seems to me that the more the wallet is empty the more one finds charm with the miscegenation ... but perhaps I am too pragmatic and not enough bitten :P

An "old" biker (except hypersport crazy) generally appreciates torque motors, so large displacement at relatively slow speed and these are expensive ... moreover for my next bike, my heart swings between Guzzi California and a new BMW R1200R roadster or a second-hand BMW R1200C (knowing that the latter has not been manufactured since 2004, but still holds the rating), or a Harley 1200 Sportster (if HD wants to re market something like the XL1200R, quieter than the XR1200 ... all these models do not consume more than a Korean 650 ... (at 130 in HD you are at ~ 3000tr ...)
As you see, not many small displacements and bikers of my age have means that do not have younger ... the market therefore exists and it was in this market that was interested Voxan ... but they missed the boat by zapping:
- clean transmission (belt or acatene)
- custom
- tourism
The neoclassical sports niche was certainly little exploited but it is a niche, a small niche, occupied in a quieter version for example by Triumph, with its pretty Bonneville or even the big Rocket III ...

On a motorbike, pragmatism does not go in the direction you think it is, it is rather the super-inflated supersport pilot who will pass, when the age of reason comes, to a touring BMW ... the "poor" and young people ride in scooters or in 600 sports cars ... and the a little less young in bandit 1200 ...
the guy who buys a Chinese motorcycle at the supermarket is not an enthusiast ...
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 01/03/10, 17:18

Remundo wrote:.... And the great strength of the Japanese is the thousands of hours of work they swallow without blinking. Not at all the same culture as in Europe, and a fortiori just in France.

A Moto-Station report by Philippe Chanin on a Yamaha factory in Japan, in Hamamatsu. "From the puzzle to the finished bike, just 10 minutes":

http://www.moto-station.com/article3527 ... ortes-.htm

Nothing new, it was already like that 40 years ago at Yamaha or Honda: minimum staff making minimum gestures.
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 01/03/10, 18:03

oiseautempete wrote:...the type who buys a Chinese motorcycle at the supermarket is not passionate...

You have to understand that he's a freak? Already, he's not a biker, a person: he's a "guy" ... : Lol:
0 x
Avibel
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Avibel » 01/03/10, 18:39

oiseautempete wrote:The neoclassical sports niche was certainly little exploited but it is a niche, a small niche, occupied in a quieter version for example by Triumph, with its pretty Bonneville or even the big Rocket III ...
Completely agree with you and I hope that Triumph will give reason to Voxan to have occupied it while continuing to develop its Scrambler (derived from the Bonneville) in an even more refined style. I think all Voxans will become collectibles starting with the Street Scrambler. Who knows if the brand's renaissance will not happen precisely with this type of motorcycle?
0 x
Evolve is surrender to fate
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/03/10, 19:55

THE FRENCH MOTORCYCLE IS NOT DEAD !!

Here is a new one Wakan One Hundred (implied: 100 cubic inch !!!)

http://www.motomag.com/Wakan-One-Hundred-Roadster.html

1600 cm3 :) 120 hp and 16.8 kg.m of torque ... and surely a big pain in the ass, arms and back after 2 hours! : Mrgreen:

If it is FRENCH, it looks like a Buell and the engine is made in the USA ...

33 € anyway ...

It may not sell masses at the moment in France ...

Test and video: http://www.motomag.com/Wakan-One-Hundred-Roadster.html
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 12/03/10, 21:14

A Buell, I saw one stationary which vibrated so hard that it played on its front suspension when stopped at a red light.
It's more of the bike, it's vibro on wheels : Mrgreen:
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
oiseautempete
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by oiseautempete » 13/03/10, 14:39

former oceanic wrote:A Buell, I saw one stationary which vibrated so hard that it played on its front suspension when stopped at a red light.

That's how it is on all HD long-stroke engines and also Guzzi motorcycles that waddle on their crutches, but as soon as you ride it doesn't vibrate anymore, unless you pull the revs too much ... : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/03/10, 23:08

former oceanic wrote:A Buell, I saw one stationary which vibrated so hard that it played on its front suspension when stopped at a red light.

I always thought that HD (and therefore buell) were homo motorcycles ... now I know pkoi !! : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: (humor huh)

Apparently rated vibration in slow motion, the Wakan is worse than HD, see the video: http://www.motomag.com/spip.php?page=di ... compteur=1
0 x
oiseautempete
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by oiseautempete » 14/03/10, 09:07

Christophe wrote:
I always thought that HD (and therefore buell) were homo motorcycles ... now I know pkoi !! : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: (humor huh)

Apparently rated vibration in slow motion, the Wakan is worse than HD, see the video: http://www.motomag.com/spip.php?page=di ... compteur=1

The vibrations in the saddle, it only has an effect on women ... moreover modern HD no longer vibrates while riding, nothing to do with the old ones with a rigid engine mounted in the frame ... The vibrations are due to the irregular cycle due to the cylinders set at 45 °, to compensate for the crankshaft (removable) is very heavy, hence inertial phenomena ...
Curious, I always believed that PDs all roll in Japanese screaming 4-cylinder, preferably unbridled at 180hp and pots at 130DB ...

Just for your information, the Wakan does not have a Harley engine, but a "harley inspired" S&S, which does not have any HD original parts ... moreover a sportster engine / box (recognizable by the integrated box at the engine block, the "big HD having a separate box) would be completely unable to support such cavalry without exploding ... Note that the 120hp is not for the French market ...
0 x
Avibel
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Avibel » 15/03/10, 17:30

Coming back to Voxan, this is how I imagined the new Street Scrambler before the fall of the brand. Really not much to do with the Vx10!
0 x
Evolve is surrender to fate