Fuel cell by PSA / Peugeot

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Fuel cell by PSA / Peugeot

by jean63 » 11/01/06, 18:46

Peugeot technology wants to put a fuel cell in the engine

In the Peugeot Partner Taxi, equipped with an intermediate system, the battery is powered by the fuel cell. (© PSA Peugeot Citroen- Garcin)

To reduce greenhouse gases caused by humans, it is necessary to tackle emissions from transport vehicles. One of the tracks explored around the world is the hydrogen car. In France, the car manufacturer PSA Peugeot Citroën presented Monday its new fuel cell whose compactness and performance (80 KW) can propel a car. Developed in partnership with researchers from the CEA's hydrogen sector, as part of the GENEPAC project, this battery is a first in France. Peugeot hopes to integrate it into a prototype in a year and a half.

The principle of the fuel cell is to produce electricity, heat and water by recombining hydrogen and oxygen. The only byproduct of this reaction is water. The pile presented yesterday in the presence of the Minister of National Education, Higher Education and Research Gilles de Robien, is a PEFMC: a fuel cell membrane proton exchange, adapted to the requirements of transport.

However, many technical advances still need to be made to the fuel cell. It is necessary to improve its compactness, to solve the problem of starting in cold weather -the battery using water-, to extend the service life of the membranes that separate the hydrogen from the air, and especially to reduce the cost of the assembly. . The use of platinum as a catalyst increases the cost of the fuel cell.

At CEA, research focuses on the entire hydrogen sector, which includes the production, distribution and storage of hydrogen.

Cécile Dumas
(10 / 01 / 06)
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
The Passing

by The Passing » 11/01/06, 20:11

Another gluttony for nature engine ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/01/06, 20:24

I have news but I hesitated because for what I think of this technology ... they say that it is the future ... but patented principle in 1808 ... so largely before engine explosion and therefore pkoi not developed in parallel?

In 1969 the apolo program used CAMPs

In 1982 the IFP "definitively" stopped its R&D on the subject, reason: insolvent fuel distribution problems and in 2006 nothing has changed from this point of view!

So for me, PACs are window dressing (and a big mess ...) to show in salons that we know how to make clean cars (then it gives a good conscience ...) then to show that a certain% is reinjected into R&D (tax deduction) ...

Seriously better to develop the hybrid diesel or turbostreamer Bmw ... or even biofuels (not to say water doping ...) ... at least these are quickly applicable solutions ...

More info on the CAP illusion: http://www.manicore.com/documentation/pile_combust.html

Finally, the fuel cell currently requires for its manufacture rare metals, for example platinum, for which only one country provides 70% of world production: South Africa. This global production totaled 5.860.000 ounces in 2001 (one ounce = 28,35 grams), or about 166 tons. Today it takes about 100 grams of platinum to make a fuel cell car, but we will place ourselves in the case where only 30 grams per battery would be needed, which represents the ultimate possibility today expected. World platinum production (half of which is already used in catalytic converters, which is true that the need disappears with batteries) will then make 5 million cars a year.

It would take 120 years to transform the current fleet (600 million cars), and 600 years to convert a world fleet spent 3 billion vehicles, number that will be achieved if the world knows the same rate of motorization as France in the year 2000.
Last edited by Christophe the 12 / 01 / 06, 12: 09, 2 edited once.
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Why?

by jean63 » 11/01/06, 20:51

Because I realized that there is a lot of information passing through. I believe that the forum is a place of debate.
This is how Rulian inquired about the ranking of homes at the energy level while he takes care of Kyotome, thanks to me.
The more information circulates and the more likely it is to be received by as many people as possible. Personally, I do not read all the news for lack of time. but hey, I still understand your comment.
Far from me any story of hierarchy.
If I want to put a lot of posts without sticking a news, it's no problem, I'm under the elbow.
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/01/06, 20:54

Yes you're right better 2 times as one says ...:)

In this case I move the subject in "Nouvelle et actualité" since it is in Biofuels or alternative ...
0 x
nonoLeRobot
Master Kyot'Home
Master Kyot'Home

by nonoLeRobot » 11/01/06, 21:54

Yes for regulars forums, we have trouble looking at the reception and did not go directly to the forum (there would be a way to have the titles of the latest news as the last post? Good I ask can be bcp)

Otherwise for batteries I agree that it is not such a magic solution but good to add a note at the end to say it, I think it is an information that interests people who visit the site ( whether they agree or not). And it's good to be able to comment on the forum.

here
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

d'accord

by jean63 » 12/01/06, 11:26

Well agree with you on everything.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/01/06, 12:09

nonoLeRobot wrote:Yes for regulars forums, we have trouble looking at the reception and did not go directly to the forum (there would be a way to have the titles of the latest news as the last post? Good I ask can be bcp)

Did you settle the econobarre? :(
0 x
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 12/01/06, 14:00

Or there is the RSS feed to have the news without going through the home (it's true that I stopped there or not at home. forum !!)

I love the new smileys and I'm full of stars : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

If not about the CAP, I will summarize my opinion on this humbug in just three words: Pipo Arnaque Couillon !!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/01/06, 14:20

I like when you talk like that : Cheesy:

You do not have a lot of stars because you still contribute a lot to this site /forum then you are 7 like all modos ... but if you want to jpe you a few of them! :P

For the smilies I will try to find some more nice ... because the one for example: : Evil: do a little goldorak or golgot ... :frown:
0 x