Diesel engines in light aviation and ULM, dieselis gazaile

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/09/10, 09:28

Thank you chief, but ask them anyway ... it would be silly to fall out with them for that ...
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 05/05/11, 23:29

I just had an email from Mr. Pennec asking me to remove the link

Thing done today at his request

He must have had many downloads I guess
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
antoinet111
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by antoinet111 » 30/08/11, 20:04

a little up just to say that this plane is really great to fly from a lot of points of view.
0 x
I vote for the writing of concrete post and practicality.
Down the talkers and ceiling fans!
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/04/15, 18:19

I made a first flight to my little 5 year old Friday, luck (luck?) Wanted it to be on a diesel plane: the Diamond DA40 TDi! Thielert TAE 125-01 (Centurion 1.7) or TAE 125-02-99 (Centurion 2.0) engine according to wiki!

And not variable which guarantees a more constant engine speed

Still quite difficult to find info on this model with this engine:
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diamond_DA40
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diamond_DA40

This diesel version is obviously not approved in the USA (lobby lycoming te voila!)

Here is a short article: https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... pyLPVx.pdf
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 13/04/15, 10:33

Thank you for this unearthing of subject and the information it contains.

The performance is remarkable with 2 liters per 100km per passenger, barely more than the best electric cars (used solo) in energy equivalent. But especially with a cruising speed of 250kmh. :P

I can't help but draw a parallel with the airliners which commonly advertise a consumption of 3 liters per 100km per passenger (if the plane is full, which is not always the case).

It has long been known that a light aircraft with careful aerodynamics can consume much less.

Carbon fiber is gaining numerous market shares with a reduced weight and maintenance cost compared to wooden or metal cells.
Diesel brings an additional dimension in terms of consumption and silence.

We also know that electrification is a very promising development for school planes and flights of less than an hour as demonstrated by the models in development.

In addition to the exceptional efficiency of electric motors, taxiing in electric mode is added, which further reduces overall energy consumption by more than 10%.

Your intervention makes me want to offer myself a little baptism. : Cheesy:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/04/15, 12:25

You're welcome my Citro!

What what? You haven't been baptized yet? : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

Yes a diesel plane can be very economical ... as long as it is occupied! Well, it would be interesting to calculate the real energy efficiency compared to the best cars!

DA40: 19 L / h at 250 km / h for 4 passengers i.e. 1.9 L / 100km.

Auto: 6 L / 100km to 120km / h for 4 passengers or 1.25 L / 100km. Passenger ... except that it is 2 times slower and that the power (therefore consumption) varies like the cube of speed. .

I will use the friction equation to make an estimate!

Regarding taxiing, I recently read that some prototypes of small electric planes were equipped with wheel motors ... but not that, for the moment, that is enough as an idea to make electricity competitive! But it is sure that schooling on the taxiway is interesting!

Here are some pictures of the baptism, it may give you even more desire to get laid;)

Bouillon in miniature mode (I love this effect):

Orval Abbey:

Other photos here:
https://www.econologie.com/forums/edf-lac-ar ... 13865.html

GPS track and altitude / speed profile:

ps: and the hybrid plane? it's for when?
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 13/04/15, 13:42

For the hybrid aircraft, the overweight of the installation must largely compensate for the losses it causes.
Not to mention the return on investment and cost of use, because unlike the automobile, buyers look very closely at the financial ins and outs ...

The e-fan a member of the forum has electric traction which makes it possible to considerably reduce the energy expended during taxiing on the taxiway, but also during the acceleration phase before takeoff.
In the case cited, the driving wheel accelerates the plane to about 60kmh, speed at which the fans are started for takeoff. :P

Among aircraft manufacturers, motorized landing gear is also being studied to reduce consumption, as well as airport costs, since aircraft can then get to the terminal more quickly and perform maneuvers without the help of "TRACMA".

They would then be directly powered byAPU

For the "baptism", I am a disbeliever, but that did not prevent me from sending myself into the air:
Transal, DC10, Super hornet, 747, Pilatus, and all alone throwing me out of the Pilatus. : Lol:

But it's been 25 years since I left the cows floor, apart from some arboreal distractions ...

My son refused to prepare the BIA that the school offered him. : Cry:
I hope my daughter, more enterprising, will start, hence the idea of ​​baptism ... : Idea:
Note that success at the BIA is generally accompanied by a free flight. 8)
But I think a "flight of discovery can whet the appetite." : Idea:
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 02/05/15, 12:47

I love !

Diesel in aviation is the best

exit the problems of fuel and frost (whatever to manage anyway)
less flammable
better yield
just a little more weight
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
antoinet111
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by antoinet111 » 02/05/15, 12:58

Capt_Maloche wrote:I love !

Diesel in aviation is the best

exit the problems of fuel and frost (whatever to manage anyway)
less flammable
better yield
just a little more weight

the weight of the engine is offset by the fuel consumption because the engine is less fuel-consuming.

no ignition, little electronics, so no shutdown in flight possible except engine failure. (NO injection pump solenoid valve)
0 x
I vote for the writing of concrete post and practicality.

Down the talkers and ceiling fans!
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 06/05/15, 21:41

citro wrote:My son refused to prepare the BIA that the school offered him. : Cry:
I hope my daughter, more enterprising, will start, hence the idea of ​​baptism ... : Idea:
Note that success at the BIA is generally accompanied by a free flight. 8)
But I think a "flight of discovery can whet the appetite." : Idea:

A discovery flight and if interested a good grant to the key to obtain his private pilot's license (it's a good 25% discount) ... The great Minimacro did not wish to continue ... He had had I did not know more two hours of piloting with instructor offered ...
Today (two years later) he received a hiring agreement for a summer job then his bts alternately in a company which subcontracts aeronautical parts ... Guess what did the little more compared to his class friends ???? Not his math results ... His BIA ..

By cons Citro ... You would not abuse potash sometimes ... I have not come here for a few months and read you saying good diesel ... Ouch : Mrgreen:
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...