low consumption lamps reliability spark extinction

Various experiences made by members of the forums concerning in particular small household appliances and energy management.
brillat
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

low consumption lamps reliability spark extinction

by brillat » 03/01/07, 14:41

Hello
have you ever used low consumption lamps which are recommended (by the supplier) for use with timer. (example staircase of building) the guaranteed reliability of these lamps is for some 15000 hours yes but the reality which is it based on your experience?
brillat
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/03/07, 12:28

I don't have a precise answer because the planned ON / OFF cycle test has still not been done ... I even bought a time relay for this and I would do it as soon as possible.

So here are some generalities:

Ingenium bulbs are "guaranteed" (or rather given for) 600 ON / OFF cycles but they have a heating time like all CFLs. So it all depends on the length of the timer ... If it's 000 seconds or 30 minutes?

For a very short time, it is better to take LED bulbs in this case because their brightness is instantaneous and they are "completely" insensitive to ON / OFF cycles.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 05/03/07, 13:10

it is a fact that ignitions wear the filaments of the electrodes of eco lamps, but it is certain that they will last much longer than incandescent lamps subjected to the same regime. (therefore saving replacement labor)

I will bring 2 nuances:

- lamps of major brands (Philips, Sylvania, Osram)
- delay not too short (4 or 5 minutes minimum), pcq otherwise, we are forced to turn them on 2 or 3 X more often
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/03/07, 18:31

Uh Sylvania is a big brand?

To my knowledge, none of these brands give light bulbs with 15 hours of life.

Megaman's Ingenium technology makes it possible to preheat the filament at the second loan and therefore optimizes service life and ON / OFF cycles.

In fact it is a patent co-developed with Phillips ... which will probably also use it soon (if it is not already the case under another name)
0 x
brillat
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

low consumption lamps

by brillat » 07/03/07, 14:36

thank you for your messages ...
I have never heard of MEGAman lamps, or can we buy them?
on the other hand I launched a test on 10 MAZDA lamps (under the brand of philips) which are guaranteed for 15000 hours of operation with timer.
So soon in alas some time for the first results .... the tests with the "osram" lamp dulux el facility were disastrous ....
Abrille ..
0 x
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 07/03/07, 16:20

I have never heard of MEGAman lamps, or can we buy them?

: Cheesy: On the econological shop.
It's this way : economic and LED bulbs
0 x
Christophe

Re: low consumption lamps

by Christophe » 07/03/07, 16:30

brillat wrote:on the other hand I launched a test on 10 MAZDA lamps (under the brand of philips) which are guaranteed for 15000 hours of operation with timer.
So soon in alas some time for the first results .... the tests with the "osram" lamp dulux el facility were disastrous ....
Abrille ..

Really? Great, could you tell us more about the protocol and your results on the Osrams?

We already talked about doing such tests but no one has launched them on a large scale for the moment due to lack of time or equipment (personally I even bought a Legrand timed relay but still not launched due to lack of time):

https://www.econologie.com/forums/test-de-cy ... t2672.html
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 02/07/08, 23:31

I just plugged in the two low energy consumption bulbs of 11W (60W equivalent) daylight (6500 ° K) that I just received from the econology shop

First reactions at home

Me: Oh it looks less bright than a 60W incandescent
My son: Wow! they shine brighter

Draw : Cheesy:

On the other hand it is good "daylight", I would have no more problems to coordinate my shirts :D , I have the same light coming from the windows, it is striking, one has the impression of an "extension" of window
Advantage +1 low consumption daylight

When switching on, wait 1 second for the light to arrive and 1 minute to reach the maximum brightness
Advantage +1 incandescence

Consumption
Advantage +1 low consumption

Longevity
I don’t know, the incandescences in my room are more than 5 years old and are still valid
Draw

RESULTS: 2 to 1 for low consumption (not enough for Toff, that's for sure : Cheesy: )
3 to 1 for low daylight consumption because of the pleasure
Last edited by Capt_Maloche the 03 / 07 / 08, 09: 58, 1 edited once.
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/07/08, 00:07

Capt_Maloche wrote:RESULTS: 2 to 1 for low consumption (not enough for Toff, that's for sure : Cheesy: )
3 to 1 for low daylight consumption because of the pleasure

Ah no that satisfies me fully ... knowing "where" you left !! : Cheesy: For those who don't understand: Maloche was a fervent DEFENDER of incandescent bulbs!
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 27/08/08, 10:25

To revive the Toff debate, what do you think of these low consumption lamps that light up instantly with a cold brightness of 75% and guaranteed for 5 years or 10 hours:

code: Select all

http://www.only-pure.com/

I tried two 2W models (11W equivalent) daylight (60 K) and there is no photo on the ignition side, it's almost instantaneous when cold with an intensity close to the maximum when hot.

they have the same brightness as the Mégaman of the same power and are also "pleasant"

I did not check the actual power.

I also tried Lexman, beuark, extremely slow ignition and significantly lower light intensity, I made them.
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^