Injecting water into the engine, reforming particles, Nox, CO

Water injection in thermal engines and the famous "pantone engine". General informations. Press clippings and videos. Understanding and scientific explanations on the injection of water into engines: ideas for assemblies, studies, physico-chemical analyzes.
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 13/08/09, 15:34

Capt_Maloche wrote:
Alain G wrote:Is your car single injector or multiple?
:D

one injector per cylinder, better take the throttle signal right?

Yeah Com p, I Yoyotte :D
we will soon be fixed on the results

No Capt

You simply take the signal on a single injector.
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 13/08/09, 15:39

In my opinion it is necessary to inject the water (steam) as close as possible to the amission.moteur in the hot pipes and especially not before the intercooler .. To do this it will be necessary to be able to fight against the pressure of supercharging therefore be above 1bar ... An injector like a GTI 1 golf enricher with its electric pump and a control module with a square signal that must do this ... What I do know is that the injectors piloted petrol injections n don't like water at all ...
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 13/08/09, 15:43

Alain if we have to drain the water out of the intercooler ... we get out more ...
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 13/08/09, 15:52

Macro wrote:Alain if we have to drain the water out of the intercooler ... we get out more ...

You have to deal with one problem at a time, otherwise you give up, I only gave a very easy solution.

For the injector, you're right it probably does not like water but it is to see because it is not impossible that it will resist because here in Quebec with our freezing temperatures in winter it can form condensation in the tank and necessarily it can pass a little in the injectors.
It remains to try to find out.

There is a solution for every problem!
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 13/08/09, 16:44

Hello

On a Chevrolet Lumina I have water doping, at the beginning I tested different methods

I eliminated the ERG valve and I use this entered for the doping water, I tested a bubbler one has the exhaust and a direct entry
without going through the reactor, that is, an entry into the ERG
It is for the dosing in slow motion it was necessary to put a giglet of reduction

Actually I'm going that way but I'm going through the reactor
and that takes a restriction nozzle
in summary it is the function of the ERG but continuously reduced instead of sending the exhaust you send steam from the reactor

In order for the system to be functional without a sophisticated control, you can adjust the jet so that it is at its best at 90, 100kmh, which means that driving is slower and you are in excess, but for all practical purposes it is simple and functional.

In my case it was necessary that I developed some trick to melt the ice of the bulor in winter (an exhaust pipe that crosses the block of ice)
At esaies adding alccol in water reduces performance compared just water and alcohol volatilizes first after 50km it remains only water so at the stop of the evening it is necessary that you make extra alcohol, you ended up losing yourself in the ratio alcohol water.

In your tests the first thing to do, before wanting to recover the water of the escapement, it is validated the injection of steam instead of the ERG so several tries to find the right dosage ..
and also the temperature of the steam, which tends to condense, when it enters the tubing in depression particularly when the engine is in low speed throttle closed.

Andre
1 x
abyssin3
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by abyssin3 » 14/08/09, 23:21

Christophe wrote:On the other hand, using turbo pressure is a very good idea, easily accessible for us to regulate the amount of water injected, even if it means walking, to start with EVERYTHING or NOTHING (you inject only from, for example, 2000 rpm engine ) ...
We should talk about it with Abyssinian since he did it ...

Indeed, the kits of the kind that I bought work in two modes (for diesels):
- Normal suction: in this case there is a vacuum sensor in the air intake, directly dependent on engine speed. That's how I set the trigger to 2500 or 3000 RPM.
- Engine with turbo: on the contrary, there is a pressure sensor to trigger. So I guess the injection is done after the turbo, but to be checked.

For kits with two turbo activation stages, however, I don't know exactly how they work.

PS: some examples here:
http://www.aquastealth.com/injectionkit.aspx (what I bought)
http://www.coolingmist.com/
http://www.alcohol-injection.com/water- ... on-kits-1/
http://www.alcoholinjectionsystems.com/ ... index.html

interesting also info question:
http://water.lovehorsepower.com/FAQ.htm
http://www.waterinjection.info/ (<<<< --------- Forum)
0 x
abyssin3
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by abyssin3 » 14/08/09, 23:34

Note however that the injection of water (or ethanol) (or both) poses a problem when you want to configure it "to fuel economy".
As much to have additional horses, it is rather easy to send 1L per minute.
As much as 1L per hour, that posed a problem for me: finding an injector at 0.5GPH (not common). Then there is the problem that it gets blocked every 500Km and that it must therefore be dismantled : Evil: . Problem that does not exist with large injectors.
0 x
abyssin3
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by abyssin3 » 14/08/09, 23:44

My loach wrote:It is indeed an excellent idea, to use the compressed air fogger SOLD !!

Say Maloche, I had already prospected the medical nebulizers to make a mist (pneumatic or ultrasonic), but I had remained to the conclusion that they used - at best - only 10mL of solution per hour (see 15 in the best case).
Do you think 10mL of steam is enough to have an effect or yours does more? (an injection, doping or not, done ~ 100 times more)

In fact I was wondering if it was not easier to use an ultrasonic fogger found in fountains, even if it means putting 2 or 3.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/08/09, 10:48

Thank you for this Abyssinian info :)

For your last question, it seems to me that it is much higher than 10 mL / h ... but I prefer your solution of the water injection kit 100 times (even if you have to adapt it!) ...

ps: I do not think I have seen photos of your montage (or I do not remember or I missed ...) Would you have one or 2 to show us (even if there is not much to see I think ...)?
0 x
abyssin3
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by abyssin3 » 15/08/09, 15:42

Yes, everything (injector and control valve) is here:

https://www.econologie.com/forums/injection- ... t5926.html

For the pump, it is a 100 psi shurflo (visible on the site that sells the kit), and the tank (10L) is in the trunk.
0 x