Smart wattmeter on pc

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 12/12/07, 11:46

Christophe wrote:ps: you can download the .pdf on this page http://catalogue.flash.fr/default?ni=12 ... &pr=101629 ?

Yes, with me, it works ,,, it's a bit long, like any pdf
0 x
bpval
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by bpval » 12/12/07, 11:48

Christophe wrote:
Modern EdF meters also give instant power if I'm not mistaken ...

YES
0 x
PIF PAF POUM
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/12/07, 11:48

Yes the idea is interesting (for the econologists that we are) but it risks being the cause of many family conflicts ... We must not enter extremism either for a few watts ...
0 x
crispus
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by crispus » 12/12/07, 15:01

bpval wrote:
Christophe wrote:
Modern EdF meters also give instant power if I'm not mistaken ...

YES

I had tinkered with an interface to retrieve information on a PC, but I gave up since the new PCs no longer even have a serial link.

From memory The 1200 baud signal (same as minitel) is amplitude modulated (0 / 30V ~) on 30 kHz.

The meter emits a screened message every second approximately, giving its serial number "ADCO", then the off-peak / full hour indexes, the subscribed power, the instantaneous power, the maximum recorded intensity, etc ... Very interesting.

With a minimum of programming behind you can do what you want: instant consumption, daily statement, etc. But this link is read-only, the counter accepts no order ...

Details on the interface are available on the net, it requires a few component roros.

My initial idea was to manage my tempo contract to optimize the start-up of the water heater for example ...

There is a topic dedicated to it here:
http://www.touteladomotique.com/forum/v ... 9ea83e366c
27 pages! Good research...

By the way, the electronic meter is delivered in "standby" mode, to activate remote information you have to request the intervention of an EDF agent. I got it for free, the agent just pops the lower seal to reveal a programming button, it's completed in 5 minutes. He still told me that I was a rare bird ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/12/07, 15:05

Crispus pkoi you annoy yourself so bridge the counter and make a little plaster around :D I laugh of course it is theft!

Without laughing, is it not already optimized on the tempo tariff for DHW tanks?
0 x
crispus
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by crispus » 12/12/07, 15:17

Christophe wrote:Without laughing, is it not already optimized on the tempo tariff for DHW tanks?

We can only put the DHW in off-peak hours (standard), or also in full hour on blue days, or blue + white ... For those who have a small balloon or a big consumption.

But for example, I am on a red day and tomorrow on a white day: DHW will be billed at the off-peak red rate, i.e. 15c / kWh
If I wait the next day at 6am, I will pay the DHW at the blue full hour rate, i.e. 6c ...

I no longer have the figures in mind but the principle is there ... Result I did it by hand by cutting the contactor on red days and putting it back into forced operation on blue days ... At the risk of forget to restart it, but we do not notice it until the following evening : Lol:

In the long run I planned a post it on the bedside table and it rolls, the water heater is behind the bedroom.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/12/07, 15:21

Ok I understand the problem but when it is in red tariff (EJP?) YAKA not wash ! : Cheesy:

15 cts at the red tariff? Isn't that more? Because it's nothing at all!

Here thanks to Suez-Electrabel, we pay 25 cts TTC all the time for nuclear power. That’s good it encourages savings :)

ps: remember exactly what EJP means exactly, can kk1 refresh my memory?
0 x
crispus
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by crispus » 12/12/07, 15:51

Tempo pricing: right click "find out more"
http://www.edf.fr/141090i/accueil/EDF-e ... Tempo.html

EJP = Clear Peak Days.
Allows EDF to offload the largest consumers to meet its peak demand.

Too profitable for the consumer, this option has disappeared from the catalog in favor of Tempo, which is supposed to invoice electricity according to its current cost price ...

At the slightest modification of the contract: moving, subscribed power, suspension of subscription ... the EJP is terminated. It will eventually disappear.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/12/07, 15:54

OK, thanks :)

It only prevents red tariff it is not so red ... it would be even green in Belgium : Cheesy:

When it comes to paying the actual rate ... it's a great deal :)
0 x
crispus
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by crispus » 12/12/07, 16:09

I took out the Tempo rate around 1995. At that time the tempo "night" lasted from midnight to 0 am compared to 6 pm-22am today. And the price difference was greater than today.

Faced with complaints from poorly advised customers, EdF adjusted the contract. Always blue Sunday, never red Saturday, and especially reduction in price per kWh on peak days ... but in return increase in blue days! And I'm not talking about the price of the subscription.

Result, Tempo is less interesting than at the beginning, for those who are really looking to optimize their consumption ...

And to limit the optimization, red days are generally to be followed over 5 days, which prevents postponing laundry for example ...
0 x

Back to "Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ..."