Renovation mansion

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Casta34
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Renovation mansion

by Casta34 » 09/09/19, 17:11

Hello,

Here I come to fishing advice even if I may be a little light on my project. I plan to buy a mansion of 296 m² in Lunel in the Hérault : Shock: We are 6 at home, maybe 7 someday. The house is on 2 floors: ground floor with entrance, living room, kitchen, bathroom, 1er with 3 rooms, two large clearances, wc, 2nd with 3 rooms, two clearances and a bathroom. The staircase is located in the North West corner of the house. The latter is oriented South, South West, 3 faces, partly adjoining West side. On solid clay soil, stone walls, ceiling height of 3.50 except on the top floor. We have about 100 m² per level knowing that the entrance, the clearances and the stairs take a lot of m².

My main goal, isolate the attic and change the opening. My concern, find the good insulation and the good way to heat knowing that the old tank was in an annex building so more accessible because sold.

Isolation: Is it necessary to add a perspiring insulation in ITI (ITE not possible): concrete cell, plaster lime hemp? Or can I leave the wall as it is, knowing that you have to turn all the period wallpapers and that I do not know what I will find behind ... Can I implement it only on the ground floor? or on the whole house? Doing an ITI everywhere would allow me to reduce the living space and gain a little. The idea is not to end up with problems of condensation or humidity. I thought for that a VMC Hygro.

Heating: there are two chimneys on the ground floor (kitchen and living room, separated by the entrance) whose ducts serve 4 rooms (2 1er and 2 2nd). My idea would be to put two wood stoves and a heat diffuser in the rooms which would allow me to heat a good part of the housing. I would like to complete with radiant panels or inertia of good quality that would complete this mode of heating. Does this seem consistent to you? Knowing that it is out of the question for me to go on an oil or gas system because nothing copper I should have for a blind. For the stove, the question is already whether it is feasible and then what model to choose for this type of house with high ceilings, large rooms and without RT 2012: granules, wood, mass ...?

Last but not least: how do you know if you need to make a hedgehog for the floor and a drain outside?

Thank you in advance.
0 x
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Renovation master house

by eclectron » 10/09/19, 08:28

Hello,
Quality renovation is always more expensive than new. (purchase of the property + works)

if major renovation works are planned, in the south, the direct solar floor can be particularly interesting http://www.alterenergies.fr/ssc.html
This reduces the heating period of an indispensable supplement: electric, wood, other ...

I would try to isolate a max too, the disadvantage of the house is that we do not want to touch the aesthetics of the outside, so it condemns to make an interior isolation, losing the advantage of the thermal inertia of such houses.
I have an uncle who made lime / hemp on the interior walls, in Brittany, he is happy.
He did nothing on the ground (original stone slab)
0 x
whatever.
We will try the 3 posts per day max
Casta34
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Casta34 » 10/09/19, 14:35

Thank you for your answer, for the PSD, it will be complicated because I have no basement for the storage tank, boiler, regulator etc. The cost of the slab to 100 m² may also be salty and the house has a ground floor + 2 floors so the length of the circuit is going to be an additional cost.

Regarding the coating lime / hemp, we speak well of a projected coating? I actually thought about it.
0 x
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by eclectron » 10/09/19, 15:31

I confess I do not know exactly how the hemp lime coating applies.
From memory my uncle put rafters vertically to make 'levels', spaced apart from a ruler and did not use a projection machine. It was quite long according to my aunt : Lol:
Then he removed the rafters before complete drying and filled.

personally (simpler implementation and appro) I would put placo + insulator to choose, we can afford 20cm insulation, while 20cm lime hemp, must be motivated : Wink: (in several layers, I guess)
But it's not the same atmosphere.
To be consistent, you still have to isolate the ceiling.

and we must think to keep the thermal inertia: bare massive walls (without insulation), fireplace, heavy soil, because a hyper isolated house without thermal inertia is unbearable. A little sun and it's the pressure cooker. the cold, again, we can manage with the heating.
0 x
whatever.
We will try the 3 posts per day max
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 11/09/19, 11:00

Cellular concrete is not bad for the thermal inertia, otherwise for the one that has time to lose, making the earth-straw panels is a cheap solution.Image https://faisons-le-mur.com/terre-paille/

I just saw that high density mineral wool was great for thermal inertia. I don't know this "phase shift" parameter http://www.cyberbricoleur.com/index.php ... =300337151
0 x