Insulate attic, hemp and cellulose panels

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/01/08, 16:31

For the straw ... I prefer not to say anything more :) :) :) ZENE!!

jonule wrote:finally want to insulate in hemp: wadding while the roof is in scrap and concrete structure ... : Lol:

Yep, but the house was there BEFORE we weren't going to tear it down, were we? Then it is already profitable unlike a passive house or even NEW and eco friendly house!

And then I could very well have put shit synthetic wool too ...

Nan jonule must stop looking for perfection ... besides have you seen the video and our solar surface? I don't know many green people who have so much solar surface ...
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 28/01/08, 17:59

bpval wrote:
Christophe wrote:In other words, reinforced concrete conducts 2.40 / 0.04 = 60 times more than an average insulator.

And 4 cm of rock wool is roughly 2 m of unreinforced concrete... so yes I think it's not too "abuse" to assimilate concrete to "nothing at all" in terms of insulation ...

Otherwise welcome to the club of concrete houses! : Mrgreen:

I balance my science

145 m2 living space
floor heating
City gas boiler
$600
Polyethurene isolatotion
thermal panel 5 m2
500 L tank

600 euros of gas per year

Hello
voilou

interesting your gas consumption = 600 euros / year? , but explain to us:

- condensing boiler ?

- what is thermal panel? solar collectors?

- what thickness of polyurethane insulation? wall and roof?

if it's really polyurethane, it must have cost you a lot for the whole house !!!! I would rather say polystyrene ... ??

I have a small insulated surface with styrofoam made in Stuttgart (blue color); I remember that I bought this to have a very good insulation for a small thickness, but very expensive and ...... chemical, but in 1985 there was not too much choice.
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
bpval
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by bpval » 28/01/08, 18:12

Hello

Sorry for my ear

Christophe wrote:Pffff ... It's a typo I started by writing THE metals ...

Otherwise BP it's clear that he turns a deaf ear there !!

Here I am on the DADS-U, these small compulsory files that we send to taxes, cram, assedics, complementary pension funds ... to pre-fill tax declarations etc ...
Hard fraud for employees

And I SUE

Jean63 time to put myself back in the construction papers and I answer you

Hello
0 x
PIF PAF POUM
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/01/08, 18:14

jean63 wrote:but very expensive and ...... chemical, but in 1985 there was not much choice

If it can reassure you now in 2008 there is no more choice ...

I think you're talking about Styrodur, extruded polystyrene so ... it remains the "top" in terms of performance / size (conductivity of 0.032) for the price and the chemical: no how I also used 1 pack in our cellar ... : Cheesy:
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 29/01/08, 09:37

Christophe wrote:Nan jonule must stop looking for perfection ...

but if !

if not I repeat it: I am not ecological, I am alternative, and the straw has nothing to envy on this side there.

you will see that it will develop in the future, straw panels will emerge, facing demand of course!

if not yes the cotton wool is good but only to top it off "lost". like, if we attacked a subject on the insulation of attic not lost? -)

PS: if I haven't already said it, congratulations on your solar panels and your wood-burning stove ;-)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/01/08, 11:13

jonule wrote:if not yes the cotton wool is good but only to top it off "lost". like, if we attacked a subject on the insulation of attic not lost? -)

When you want! I don't have any so I couldn't contribute too much but we could talk about Styrodur and Polyurethane panels.... hihihihi I'm kidding huh !!

In fact if I'm stupid we have it! But it is not roof space at the level of the roof ... of the sheds under the rampants. I don't know what it's called. I also think of improving their isolation but later (fairly fair finances there ..).

Apart from the wood wool panels, I see no easy solution since the cork panels are overpriced ...
Ah, according to this doc, there are cellulose panels?

https://www.econologie.com/telecharger- ... -isolants/

For info according to the same document, cellulose gets the best score: 27/30 ... but there is no straw (don't cry !!) ....

Well, I just updated our natural insulating file, if you provide me with a small text I would like to put a page on STRAW!

https://www.econologie.com/isolants-naturels/

Example with cotton wool: https://www.econologie.com/la-ouate-de- ... -3612.html

jonule wrote:PS: if I haven't already said it, congratulations on your solar panels and your wood-burning stove ;-)

Ah well thank you! Although for the panels I didn't do much ... they were there "BEFORE" (like concrete;) come on, I stop teasing you!)
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 29/01/08, 15:37

jonule wrote:if not yes the cotton wool is good but only to top it off "lost".

False.

It's just a little more complicated: you have to make boxes under the roof that you fill with flocking.
In fact, this amounts to pouring the flocking between the underside of the roof and the finishing layer (paneling, plates, ...)
You just have to think about how you put it all up (from bottom to top) so that you can pour the flocking as you go. Gravity does the rest.
I'm probably going to do that to insulate the roof of the dovecote at step mom's.
If you are interested, I would try to take some pictures ...

Otherwise, to flocculate (to take a word dear to Christophe : Mrgreen: ) cellulose wadding, I found another option a little more physical but without too much dust.
  • first stage: rather than swinging the contents of the bag directly on the ground, you open it on one side and scratch with your fingers on the surface to unhook the flocking. We empty as and when in a large box (cardboard cathode screen for example)
  • second step: with a paint mixer or a twisted rod mounted on a drill, the contents of the box are mixed.

I used this method to insulate the floor of my attic with good results.
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/01/08, 15:44

1) Targol on this doc talks about cellulose wool panels Isn't there a sweet tooth?
heating-insulation / insulation wadding-de-cellulose-against-wool-of-glass-t3476.html # p69519
Full doc: https://www.econologie.com/telecharger- ... -isolants/

2) I did not know that you had already applied cellulose!

For your flocculation method with the paint mixer it was my second idea in case the border cutter did not work. So it works? I couldn't test because I don't have a mixer?

Don't stop the border cutter I bet it's more fun:

:D
Last edited by Christophe the 29 / 01 / 08, 17: 27, 1 edited once.
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 29/01/08, 17:10

Christophe wrote:2) I did not know that you had already applied cellulose!

Well in fact, above my living room, I have a very poorly insulated room which had the distinction of having the floor 6cm below the level of all the other rooms on the floor.
In winter, in the living room, it was hell: the cold descended from the ceiling (especially along the walls).
Insulating this room would have cost me candy (especially since I want to isolate part of it from the outside).
So I had the idea of ​​making an insulating "over-floor" in order to recover the difference in level and avoid these cold drops in the living room.
So I put on the existing floor 40x40 battens with 19 plates on top which makes 59mm or 1mm difference from the rest of the floor.
Between the battens, under the plates, I put cellulose wadding (the same as you: Termofloc).
In the living room, the difference is obvious. However there is only 4cm of insulation and 2cm of agglo in addition.

Christophe wrote:For your flocculation method with the paint mixer it was my second idea in case the border cutter did not work. So it works? I couldn't test because I don't have a mixer?

Neither do I !!! : Mrgreen:
I used an old rebar twisted into an "L" shape: it works fine. I even think it works better than a paint mixer.

Christophe wrote:Don't stop the border cutter I bet it's more fun

Who knows: my 10 year old son had a good time touching the flocking in the box with the drill !!!
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
bpval
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by bpval » 30/01/08, 06:45

Hello

jean63 wrote:
bpval wrote:
Christophe wrote:In other words, reinforced concrete conducts 2.40 / 0.04 = 60 times more than an average insulator.

And 4 cm of rock wool is roughly 2 m of unreinforced concrete... so yes I think it's not too "abuse" to assimilate concrete to "nothing at all" in terms of insulation ...

Otherwise welcome to the club of concrete houses! : Mrgreen:

I balance my science

145 m2 living space
floor heating
City gas boiler
$600
Polyethurene isolatotion
thermal panel 5 m2
500 L tank

600 euros of gas per year

Hello
voilou

interesting your gas consumption = 600 euros / year? , but explain to us:

- condensing boiler ?

- what is thermal panel? solar collectors?

- what thickness of polyurethane insulation? wall and roof?

if it's really polyurethane, it must have cost you a lot for the whole house !!!! I would rather say polystyrene ... ??

I have a small insulated surface with styrofoam made in Stuttgart (blue color); I remember that I bought this to have a very good insulation for a small thickness, but very expensive and ...... chemical, but in 1985 there was not too much choice.

First of all a small table, because it's been a while since I did a calculation of "R" and it was a little cloudy in my head.

So Christophe when I said (and I tend to express myself badly)

"And therefore the fact of arming it to make it earthquake-resistant for example does not change the sound 'R'"
I had in mind the overall "R" concrete + insulation

All the facades are lined not in "polyethurene" (pellet) but in extruded polystyrene of 40m / m + 10m / m of plaster, denominated in 1998 "SysRev" lambda of 0.028 (118 FRANCS / m2 supplied / installed)

The roof floors with 20 cm of expanded polystyrene and the car roof with Fesco Board (212 FRANCS / m2 with roof waterproofing).

Boiler De Dietrich DTG E 126 FF performance level B500 (?) And useful power 30Kw with suction cup

5m2 of thermal solar panels + 500L tank which pre-feeds the 50 L DHW tank of the boiler.

Boiler heating time
5h - 10h
17am-22pm
For the other time slots I count on the thermal inertia of the building and the sun

I live near Nice, but don't believe the weather
this year I have repeatedly recorded negative temperatures and frozen puddles

Have a good day

Hello
0 x
PIF PAF POUM