Democratization of the pellet stove? Price on sale

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
helice73
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

rika nemo: experience tutor

by helice73 » 17/02/10, 15:48

Hello Moby
I have a proposal for a rika nemo to top up a fuel boiler and especially for the off-season. What do you think of this stove?
what is your configuration (insulation, heated surface, ...) how is its operation, its silence (reason for our choice), its efficiency, its programming with room thermostat ...
In short everything you can tell me about it ... for good and not so good!
Do you have an outside air intake behind?
Any chance you will send us photos (front back, side)?
THANK YOU
Propeller
0 x
moby25
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by moby25 » 17/02/10, 23:11

Hello

In my case, the stove is on main heating, which is what motivated us for this purchase.

We have a house that is not very well insulated and not very large (80m²) and the rika heats all the rooms except the bathroom where we have a towel dryer.

It is, I think, one of the silent stoves. In fact, the convection is done naturally without a fan.
In terms of noise we just have the fan for the draft (I think it is used for that) and it is really acceptable. It just makes a little background noise.

Regarding the functionalities, I do not know of other stoves, but in my opinion it is well placed. (see previous messages)

The assembly that I have is in suction cup, that is to say that the air arrives by the same pipe as that of evacuation of the fumes.
It is in my opinion possible to have two different pipes, and to have the air inlet at ground level.

There you go, I don't think I forgot anything
0 x
helice73
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Consumption Rika Nemo

by helice73 » 18/02/10, 19:47

Bonsoir
The heat disperses well for 80 m² !? I have 100m² on the ground floor, 1st, 2nd: the stove would be in front of the stairs ... do you think it will go up?
Taking into account that you are not well insulated, how much are you consuming at the moment (severe winter, but I don't know your region), isn't the reservoir a bit small ...?
You say there is no fan (nat convection) but there is one for the draft (does it work all the time, the noise is equivalent to what in comparison, are you talking about background noise?)
Can you tell me about maintenance, cleaning, ...
Excuse me for insisting, but do you think you can send us photos (front, side and back)?
THANKS A LOT
Propeller
0 x
moby25
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by moby25 » 18/02/10, 20:28

Good evening

yes the heat disperses well, the stove is located at the level of the stairwell.
FYI, I have a colleague who has 120m² of living space with the rio, he manages to heat his house entirely.
Obviously, distant rooms are less hot than those near the stove.

I live in Picardy, therefore a "cold" region.
Regarding the tank it is true that 17kg is not huge (1 bag = 15kg), but I have never been bothered by a "failure" of granulate.
With the rio there is no this "problem" because the tank is about 30kg.

In the background, I could compare it to the noise of a pc power supply, just a chouilla more ford.

For the consumption, with negative T ° c and poor insulation I was at 1 bag and a half, but it is not "normal".
After for the conso, it depends if you heat all day or if you program it just when you come back from work etc ...

Regarding maintenance, it's true that it's not super practical to have to use the vacuum cleaner to vacuum the ashes. There is no drawer. But when I speak of ashes, in terms of quantity it is nothing compared to an insert.

For information and diagrams of the memo, I recommend this pdf:

https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... G6YriG.pdf

front photo:

here is a photo from behind:

0 x
helice73
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by helice73 » 18/02/10, 22:10

It's great thank you for your answer, the photos and the link!
last questions:
1 1/2 bag per day while heating all day long or only when you come back from work 18 pm-7am?

is the machine hot, very hot or hot in operation (outer wall, glass)

in your case, what is the cleaning emptying frequency?

Is there any other handling to do for the maintenance? what is the annual maintenance, part to be changed frequently? I haven't asked you since when you got your Nemo

in the photo, it looks like there is no protective plate (glass or other) on your parquet: is this the case? is it really necessary?

is the glass getting dirty? is there an apparent flame?

Would your colleague like to answer the same questions as you but concerning the RIO?

Good THANKS A LOT! !!
0 x
moby25
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by moby25 » 18/02/10, 23:03

1 bag and a half while heating all day. But today that should change, I have finished improving the insulation, and the result is incomparable.

When the stove is at 100% and has been running for a while, the glass is very hot, as is the ceramic above the glass. Regarding the sides, there are only those at the top which are "untouchable".

Otherwise in operation at 30% the ceramics are not ultra hot either.

When I speak of ceramics, I mean rectangular piers. This is an option, the basic memo does not.

"base" memo

memo with ceramics:

Regarding routine maintenance, I only vacuum the ashes, and it is also necessary to empty the pellet tank (tank in which the pellets fall)

You have to have it checked by a pro every year for the guarantee I think, but I haven't done all of this yet because I've only had it since the beginning of January.

If you have read the instructions, they will explain, if I am not mistaken, the various interviews to be carried out.

The glass is getting dirty on the sides, but nothing too bad.
The flame is apparent, and quite "large" in operation at 100%

For the plate below the stove this is not at all compulsory. This is more to protect against possible fouling during maintenance rather than heat, because it is not very hot below.

For the rio, the difference comes from its power, but also from the refractory stones. After extinction, the stones remain hot long enough unlike the memo which cools relatively quickly (everything is relative)

voilà
0 x
moby25
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by moby25 » 29/12/10, 19:09

Bonsoir

I will report after 1 year of using my rika memo stove.

Consumption has therefore fallen considerably since the improvement in insulation.

My opinion will mainly be based on the reproaches.

I have the impression that to fully enjoy the comfort of a stove, you need good inertia in your home.

Let me explain :

When the stove is in programming mode, it lights up for example at 17:00 p.m. and goes to 100% of its power. It takes a while to heat up because it is heated with wood.

Then he will raise the T ° C to 20 ° C. The problem with this mode is that it will stop at 20 ° C and restart at 18 ° C.

We therefore end up with temperature fluctuations that are not always pleasant. I don't know if I'm explaining myself correctly.

It is also not possible to lower the power to less than 30%.
This mode allows the stove to operate in continuous mode to avoid fluctuations in t ° C. The 30% is annoying when it is not cold enough. We are therefore obliged to cut the stove. On other rika apparently it is possible to decrease up to 10%

Another problem is the poor combustion of the pellets.
Sometimes it happens that the pellets burn badly. I think this is due to storage. In my case, they are in an outdoor shelter.

With this poor performance, we can ask for real savings given the price of a bag of granules. It is announced 5Kw / Kg, but in good conditions.
In off-peak hours + poor combustion, we must not be very far from the price of kw / h EDF.
I even wonder if I'm not going to leave my electrics back up at night to only use the stove during the day.

Here, as explained at the beginning, I especially made a summary of the faults. : Mrgreen:
0 x