Choice of heating for an old 200 house

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
lavito
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Choice of heating for an old 200 house

by lavito » 26/05/08, 09:50

hello new on this forum, I allow myself to call on your advice to choose a heating mode for my house.

Small description: 200 year old house in raw bricks, walls from 50 to 60 cms. Walls lined to the north by a second brick wall with a space in the middle of 20 cm. Inside, several rooms have also been lined with bricks.
Good sun exposure, south facing facade. Double glazing throughout and good insulation on the ceiling. No floor, house on one level, about 140 m2.

Today oil heating, we want to change energy.
Knowing that the house benefits from an EDF tempo rate and that my family does not come from the CRESUS or Bill gates line, that you think it would be the most economical / ecological solution?

Thanks for your help
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/05/08, 10:03

As you already have a radiator network, choose Pellets + solar supplement for hot water in summer.

Do not be fooled by EDF or companies listed on the stock exchange (this explains this) which promote heat pumps that are anti-economic in the long term.

The subject of pellets has already been mentioned several times, here is a complete file: https://www.econologie.com/chauffage-cen ... -3624.html

Do not hesitate to use our internal search engine: https://www.econologie.com/forums/search.php
0 x
lavito
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by lavito » 26/05/08, 10:14

additional info:
Family of 4 (2 adults, 2 young children)
electric water heater .
Electricity consumption 700th per year and 1500 l of fuel oil per year.
In the largest room in the house I have a large 3 meter long fireplace.
What do you think of mass stoves on old houses?
what are the conditions of arrangement of the stove so that it heats a house of 140 M2?
0 x
loop
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by loop » 26/05/08, 12:27

Hello

I will say that the answer on the heating capacity of the whole house from a single heat source, is in the description
-> central heating
There are stoves or inserts that can be installed in one of the habitable rooms of the house and which heat the water in the central heating circuit via a boiler
Do some research on this site to get an idea of ​​the technology
Provide the facility to feed and clean the fireplace

PS: Domestic hot water can very well be heated by this system in winters, and with solar in summer, by electric backup
It is an SSC (Combined Solar System)

A+
0 x