Outdoor carpentry OUVEO alu for bioclimatic house?

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
durandal
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Outdoor carpentry OUVEO alu for bioclimatic house?

by durandal » 06/03/12, 14:51

Hello

In the project of my bioclimatic house, I wish to set up an exterior carpentry in ALU, of a very good value for money.
Who can give me info on the brand / manufacturer OUVEO.
0 x
stipe
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by stipe » 06/03/12, 15:49

Hello and welcome,

Quickly done like that, it looks like it is a real company with a little seniority and therefore experience ...
Overall I doubt that you will receive advice encouraging you to go to aluminum joinery on this site ...;)
Tell us what guides your choice to aluminum ...
Besides, when you speak of a very good value for money, what are the windy qualities?
0 x
"the goal of every life is to end" !.
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/03/12, 19:23

It surprises me that we recommend aluminum in a bioclimatic house because even with thermal break and modern profiles, we are far from arriving at the thermal properties of wood or PVC!

What is the K of the chassis offered? Attention there is the global K (glazing + chassis) which is often substituted for the K glazing alone!

In my case, 70mm PVC bay window kommerling installed in 2009, we are at 1.1 for the glazing but ... 1.3 overall ... so the chassis reduces the overall performance of the joinery!
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 06/03/12, 20:51

There is a compromise which seems interesting to me: the wooden window coated with aluminum on the outside.
This solution combines the qualities of solid wood and the lack of maintenance of the lacquered aluminum sheet; it also avoids the use of PVC ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/03/12, 21:25

Right, I dared not talk about it :)

It's sort of the hybrid window! By cons it is also the cheapest! I don't know if there is aluminum PVC ... probably!
0 x
roy1361

by roy1361 » 06/03/12, 21:42

Ahmed wrote:There is a compromise which seems interesting to me: the wooden window coated with aluminum on the outside.
This solution combines the qualities of solid wood and the lack of maintenance of the lacquered aluminum sheet; it also avoids the use of PVC ...

Exactly!!

This is what I asked three years ago, and it's really fantastic, both for thermal and sound insulation.

But as Christophe says, it is also the most expensive (double the quote for PVC ....)

A+
0 x
aerialcastor
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by aerialcastor » 06/03/12, 21:56

There are aluminum windows with PVC core like Millet aluminum M3D with a Uw = 1.2W / (m².K) which is not bad at all.

For the constraint of maintenance there is a good number of carpentry in thermo-oiled wood which does not require any maintenance.

The big plus of aluminum is stability over time: it cannot be beaten. It is enough to change the joints every ten years to keep a window with the original performance, which is not the case with wood and even less PVC especially for the low / mid range.
It also has the advantage of having thinner amounts therefore more clear glazing.
The least is that thermally it is a little less good than wood or PVC.

So overall it is very difficult to say whether the best is wood or aluminum from an environmental point of view. What is certain is that PVC comes last, well not PVC itself but all the plasticizers that are added.
0 x
Save a tree, eat a beaver.
It is no use to succeed in life, what it takes is to miss his death.
roy1361

by roy1361 » 06/03/12, 22:15

Hello,

aerialcastor wrote:For the constraint of maintenance there is a good number of carpentry in thermo-oiled wood which does not require any maintenance.

Forgive me, but this is bullshit. My original windows were like this, but I have redone them every 10 years ... (the exhibits were particularly damaged)

aerialcastor wrote:The big plus of aluminum is stability over time: it cannot be beaten. It is enough to change the joints every ten years to keep a window with the original performance, which is not the case with wood ...

If the only difference between the aluminum and the wood is the joints, I don't know what you mean.

For me, aluminum does not isolate anything, while wood is the best. Bar point. That it is necessary to change the seals after ten years on one or the other does not change anything. No ??

aerialcastor wrote:The least is that thermally it is a little less good than wood or PVC.

Just a little ??

A+
0 x
aerialcastor
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by aerialcastor » 06/03/12, 22:29

What I mean is that we ask the question between wood and aluminum from an environmental point of view, but PVC is out of the running. I largely prefer wood.

Aluminum windows have a "rail" where the seal is fixed, which makes it very easy to change it.
On the wood it must be glued or stapled, it is not infesable just a little delicate.
On the other hand, the chassis are clearly more durable in aluminum. A window of thirty years in aluminum is like new, in wood it is good to throw.

For thermo-oils, I have better returns. But there too after 10 years the PVC windows no longer look like much and there is nothing we can do about it.

Thermally, for the mid-range, a wooden window is typically a Uw of 1.6 and, wood 1.4 and PVC 1.2.

PVC is not recycable, is toxic during manufacture, when destroyed and is highly suspected in between.
0 x
Save a tree, eat a beaver.

It is no use to succeed in life, what it takes is to miss his death.
durandal
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

EXT JOINERY IN ALU

by durandal » 06/03/12, 23:07

OK, OK ... Thank you all for this debate, which is very interesting, my choice on an ALU joinery is taken and irrevocable, no maintenance over time, with the technical data of: UW 1.6 - profile with double seals , - 2 closing points (more homogeneous). powder coating labeled Qualicoat. Too many containers for wood ...
Poor aging of pvc ...
My question, which has info on OUVEO.
THANK YOU
0 x