Pellet burner SUN P7: unexplained false stops

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Jeap
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Jeap » 02/01/15, 17:27

Thank you for the information.

As soon as I have a little time I will take a closer look at this photocell. For the moment I have removed it a little more from its plastic support by stripping the cable of 3-4 mm and no more stops for the moment.

I am currently installing a wood log boiler with a 1000L buffer tank in parallel with my pellet boiler. I think that the assembly of this balloon must be very similar to yours but I am very interested in the diagram of your installation. If you can pass it on to me, I would be delighted.

For the time being, happy new year to you and all the users of this site who will be passing by.
0 x
tangosierra
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by tangosierra » 02/01/15, 22:55

Hello and happy new year to everyone.

Here is the diagram:

Red circuit = hot water flow, blue circuit = return.
The small purple diamonds represent the valves.

On the left the boiler and its charging loop.
The yellow inverted triangle represents an ESBE VTC 312 charge valve with opening from 60 ° C.

Right 2 tanks of 200 and 300l (material recovered from an old installation), as soon as I can I increase this capacity it will reduce the number of heaters.

At the top, the flow to the radiators, yellow diamond = 3-way valve ESBE VRG 130 with regulator CRA111, set at 45 ° C.

So much for the main news.
1000 liters is indeed the volume that I had been advised, but I already had the 2 tanks. My advice would be to connect the pellet boiler to the same circuit.

Good work !!

Below is the electrical circuit of the relay that controls the burner.
The blue lines are connected to terminals 7 and 8 of the burner.
Thermostat T1 closes as soon as the tank temperature drops below 50 °. The relay will therefore stick and remain so until the thermostat T2 opens. The latter is placed on the boiler return circuit and is set at 65 ° C.
0 x
Jeap
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Jeap » 11/01/15, 18:10

Thanks for the diagram. It is exactly the same that I am implementing for the assembly of my wood log boiler. I cannot put my two boilers in // for bp of space and position of chimneys. I had thought about it !!! It's a shame because it would be a good plan. But it is not completely abandoned. Wait and see.

A +.
0 x
Guilbert
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

nuisance shutdowns of a Sun P7 wood pellet burner

by Guilbert » 05/02/15, 12:13

Hello,
I too have put a SUN P7 burner into service on a Ferroli SFL 4 boiler since October 2014.
The normal operation of the burner is not written in the documentation, and mine also regularly switches off / restart without the heating request being interrupted.
I will therefore not be surprised that this is a purge or cleaning cycle of the burner ash.
It's a shame that no information is available on the burner controller.
Indeed mine is a real "Tamagoshi" which does not fall in motion every time. It is from time to time in error "A01" without good reason and accepts a restart without difficulty and can remain several days in almost continuous service without apparent defect.

The quality of the pellets may be responsible for these misfires.
The variations in humidity and the cold start of the burner sometimes generate condensation which also interferes with ignition and fouls the burner grill.

Next season this boiler will take over from a heat pump, I hope I can make its operation more reliable before this migration
Thank you all for your attention and any comments.

GBTF
0 x
gilou
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Ferroli Sun P7 burner

by gilou » 17/05/15, 16:44

Hello
I too have made myself an installation similar to yours (August 2014) SFL3 boiler, Sun P7 burner, connected to a buffer tank.

I have exactly the same symptom (untimely shutdown) then restart without any alarm ...

The problem comes from the electronic box of the burner, and there is nothing to do there ... it is enough that the photoresistor sends a short time a false information, and hop it restarts
Being a heating technician I was interested in the problem
but nothing found in particular, fouling overheating or something else and never an error code ... it can only be the electronics of the burner which makes its own ... but hey I live with ...
s
Me what would interest me is to know how are your ashes and what settings you have put, I can provide you mine without any problem, it is a burner which works without lambda probe and the flame is not regulated electronically ... it's not easy to set it right ...
I have a lot of smoke at startup and also some unburned pellets in the ash drawer ...
I am also curious to see the reliability of this burner over time ...
cordially
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/05/15, 17:11

Hi Gilou and welcome here!

You can also watch this other subject (if not already done): https://www.econologie.com/forums/problemes- ... 13762.html
0 x
tangosierra
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by tangosierra » 19/05/15, 22:05

Hello Gilou
I attributed the few untimely stops to a false contact of my relay. I thought that if there had been a false information from the photoresistor an error code A01, A02 or F02 would be displayed.
It is true that it could also come from the card, sometimes the fan turns on while the burner is off.

In terms of settings, all are original. Having no smoke temperature probe I did not take the time to refine this.
The ash pan is more than full after a week. There are very fine ashes and quite a few peanut-sized and blackened pellets. I know, not good, I will try to do better next winter.
Short of pellets I burned wood the first days of May, it heats up super.
This winter I consumed 4,5 tonnes of pellets, house in Alsace of 180 m2 built in 1929. We were much hotter than with the heat pump from before, and for the same energy cost so I'm happy .
A+
TS
0 x
gilou
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by gilou » 29/05/15, 21:11

Hello
I also live in Alsace
Yes indeed the fan turns on randomly while the burner is not in use ... I think it programmed in this way to do a regular cleaning of the grate by blower, since this is the only method automatic cleaning of this burner ...
Regarding the ashes, I think it is almost impossible to obtain ashes without unburnt pellets with this burner ... not enough regulation of the laziness (absence of lambda probes etc ... monitoring of smoke temperatures etc. .)
If the fan speed is lowered too much, the pellet supply pipe and the grid overheat with deformation thereof !!! already seen on some forums...
Smoke temperature between 220 and 250 ° C

cordially
gilou
0 x
Gthibaut
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: SUN P7 pellet burner: unexplained unexpected shutdowns

by Gthibaut » 21/01/24, 22:17

Good evening Tangosierra,

Did you find a solution at the time?
Today I have a Sun P7-P12, I encounter A01 stops, not the problem coming from the screw/pellet because at this level I oriented the screw correctly not like at the beginning where I had a more angle than 45, I would have said 55 degrees even.
I once changed the light because it was defective, but it still happens far too often with A01...
I don't really know what to do before considering investing in a new boiler...
I would also like it not to shut off once the house temperature is reached, finally I would like the boiler temperature not to drop below 45 degrees for example... because it takes a long time to heat up Next.
I don't use a buffer tank.

This is a boiler already in place when I purchased and moved into the house.

Thank you :)
0 x