Wooden frame house, choice of heating

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Carob
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Wooden frame house, choice of heating

by Carob » 02/06/08, 18:03

hello, we are going to build a wooden frame house in the south of france, near perpignan.
I can not decide on the heating mode because the needs should be low.
The mob is 110 m2, facing south with large bay windows. Winters are relatively mild and rather sunny.
the wood is Scots pine, rock wool insulation 150mm exterior walls and 200mm for the attic.
góthermie is interesting but would not be profitable according to our manufacturer.
suddenly we think rather of a wood stove or closed fireplace.
when do you think? it's quite urgent since we are preparing the building permit. thank you so much
0 x
loop
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by loop » 02/06/08, 21:12

Hello caroB

Precipitation and reflection do not mix well. : Cheesy:

You are lucky to be able to build something new, and with everything that can be found on the net on bio-ecological construction, you should be able to choose having considered all the aspects of a choice of heating for your home. .
Assessing your DHW needs, the need for heating during the day, the possibility of accumulating heat during the day, whether or not it is easy to recharge a fireplace are aspects to take into account.
If indeed you can benefit from many sunny days in winter 8) , then why not consider direct solar heating or with collectors, accumulation of heat in the slab or in a balloon, and backup by wood boiler or boiler (which heats water) connected to Low temperature heating floor?
With solar hydroaccumulation, nuclear heaters can get dressed :!:

Good reflection

A+
0 x
Laurent LFC
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Laurent LFC » 02/06/08, 21:37

If done right, the need for heating should be ridiculous for Perpignan.

I was in Bavaria a few years, and I have always had contacts, it is well done, we heat the house qd t <15 ° c.

I think that 16 M² of solar collector should be OK with a wood or pellet stove (for the automatic version).

Insulation first and foremost! For the roof it is not enough, at least 30 to 40 cm, and rather in hemp (identical operation in winter or summer), which is not the case for mineral fibers.
0 x
georges100
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by georges100 » 02/06/08, 22:00

on new build the integration of roof sensors must be fairly profitable ... slates and battens less, can be a lighter and cheaper frame ...
0 x
Carob
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Carob » 02/06/08, 22:01

I already learned about geothermal or solar, and it does not seem profitable enough given the cost of the installation and the low needs that we will have. On the other hand I am afraid that the wood stove is insufficient but the yields are very interesting.
I will review with my manufacturer the insulation.
just like that ... I currently live in a super badly insulated apartment and I have not heated my room all winter ...
0 x
Laurent LFC
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Laurent LFC » 02/06/08, 22:10

The best and to have time to reflect:

1) you take care of the insulation

2) you have 2 18mm copper pipes + 1 shielded twisted pair for the pending temperature sensor between the roof and the technical room set up.

3) you have a chimney flue made at home

4) you buy a 6 kW wood stove with 80% efficiency and you spend your first winter which will give you feedback and then you decide
0 x
georges100
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by georges100 » 02/06/08, 22:10

You know I had to go to the army to know that a room could be heated : Cheesy:

redo your accounts by deducting what you can save by integrating the installation into the construction rather than adding it ...
0 x
Carob
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Carob » 02/06/08, 22:27

you are right laurent LFC, I will follow your advice. This is what I was heading for but I wanted more advice.
must say that the own salesperson for solar directed me towards the wood stove, thinking that the investment for solar would be too expensive for low heating needs.
0 x