New house heating advice

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Civet88
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

New house heating advice

by Civet88 » 16/10/20, 01:09

Bonsoir
New registered on this forum.
I need your wise advice on heating.
Next year, I will build a single storey wooden frame house of 100m2 with a crawl space and a 40m2 floor with a mezzanine on the living room. It will be built in the Vosges. It will be very well insulated with bio-based products, wood / aluminum joinery in double or triple glazing. In this municipality, we do not have town gas, I do not have the space to install a silo for a boiler. pellets. The thermal design office offers me an air / water heat pump with a heated floor. I am not really convinced by heat pumps: operation in severe winter, reliability, cost of maintenance. Thanks for your feedback
0 x
Paul72
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Re: New home heating advice

by Paul72 » 16/10/20, 14:03

Hello,

Indeed in your sector I am a little skeptical, a water-water heat pump would be more efficient but it is much more expensive and perhaps not profitable for such a small area as well insulated, unless you also heat hot water sanitary and more.
It is really necessary to study in relation to the annual heating needs, in the end perhaps the air-water heat pump will prove to be the most profitable all year round even if very fair if it is -15 outside
0 x
I'm allergic to idiots: sometimes I even get a cough.
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 17/10/20, 09:52

A little wood stove in addition, wood, over there, it must be quite easy to find?
Just the story of the cold and the pump struggling to keep the stove warm ....

Or the hydro pellet stove, instead of the cap, there you take the bags .... So well insulated, probably 2 pallets a year ....

A pellet stove, it is better to take it undersized, so that it runs at maximum, if a small buffer tank, it will be even better.
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
ENERC
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by ENERC » 17/10/20, 19:39

An insert or a fireplace with a hot air distribution:

No need to heat the rooms. The best is to send the hot air outlet into the bathroom (the shower in the cold - not cool).

I only heat up like that, and no worries. I just have a few electric heaters in frost protection (4 ° C)
0 x
dede2002
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by dede2002 » 18/10/20, 07:47

Hello,

Since the house has not yet been built, I would think about a large, well-insulated water reserve in the basement, heated in the summer with thermal solar panels (like at Christophe's). With in addition a stove with wood or pellet, or both.
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 18/10/20, 13:08

My buffer tank, 500L, I found it on the right corner at 100 €, very good deal.

At 200 € it is good, when you are not pressed for time. I'm always on the lookout for a second at 100 €, or 150 ...

it allows you to have a good inertia, and in your case, if very cold at night, that could help ....
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 18/10/20, 16:16

Civette88 wrote:The thermal design office offers me an air / water heat pump with a heated floor. I am not really convinced by heat pumps: operation in severe winter, reliability, cost of maintenance. Thanks for your feedback
In a well-insulated house with underfloor heating, the heat pump is a good solution. Mine, low temperature given for - 25 ° (built-in auxiliary electrical resistance). A wood stove as a backup and as a complement. In the Vosges, wood is another inexpensive resource.

Reliability issue should improve. Third winter without intervention for me.
0 x
Civet88
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Civet88 » 18/10/20, 19:39

dede2002 wrote:Hello,

Since the house has not yet been built, I would think about a large, well-insulated water reserve in the basement, heated in the summer with thermal solar panels (like at Christophe's). With in addition a stove with wood or pellet, or both.

Good evening Dede, I did not understand your proposal. How a water reserve heated in summer could be used in winter for heating. Where can I find Christophe's installation?
0 x
Civet88
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Civet88 » 18/10/20, 19:42

izentrop wrote:
Civette88 wrote:The thermal design office offers me an air / water heat pump with a heated floor. I am not really convinced by heat pumps: operation in severe winter, reliability, cost of maintenance. Thanks for your feedback
In a well-insulated house with underfloor heating, the heat pump is a good solution. Mine, low temperature given for - 25 ° (built-in auxiliary electrical resistance). A wood stove as a backup and as a complement. In the Vosges, wood is another inexpensive resource.

Reliability issue should improve. Third winter without intervention for me.

Good evening, thanks for your answer. But the price of installing a CAP is not given. I am considering possibly installing a mass stove with hot water production.
0 x
Paul72
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Paul72 » 18/10/20, 21:13

The mass stove would also be well suited I think, with a very well insulated house it has the advantage of diffusing heat gently over at least 24 hours, so there is less risk of overheating. I would say that with the hydro pellet stove it's worth it, but two very different devices.
0 x
I'm allergic to idiots: sometimes I even get a cough.