dirty pond, what to do?

Organize and arrange your garden and vegetable garden: ornamental, landscape, wild garden, materials, fruits and vegetables, vegetable garden, natural fertilizers, shelters, pools or natural swimming pool. lifetime plants and crops in your garden.
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/08/09, 22:44

cacahuete95 wrote:Well, it does not matter, if I understood correctly 2 goldfish will overcome everything :?

Well I don't know if they are spermatophages ... : Mrgreen:
0 x
cacahuete95
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by cacahuete95 » 03/08/09, 23:32

: Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

Obviously, I will have to specify it to the seller :)
0 x
Friendships.
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 05/08/09, 08:50

Hello, I have the same kind of basin (comparable size and depth)

with 3 different water lilies, sagittarius, rushes, pontederia and some other aquatic plants.

Inside I have goldfish that have lived there for years.

If you want to prevent mosquito larvae from growing there, fish are essential, or you need to move the water.

To keep the water from being cloudy and cause it to move, you can use an aquarium air pump. I have one (good brand) that works outdoors and allows you to stir the water in the pool in summer.

Attention, the basin requires a minimum of maintenance, among other things to remove all the leaves and debris falling inside which will rot your basin during biodegradation. In addition to BOD (Biological Oxygen Demand) the mud will be stinky because an anoxia will be created there and the fishes may not appreciate.

Finally in winter, the fish will slow down their metabolism and will hide at the bottom of the pool. I raise the level of the basin well so that no water plant is caught in the ice and breaks the latter when it forms to allow the breathing of the fish.

At times you will have the pleasure of coming close to the surface to warm up in the sun : Mrgreen:
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 05/08/09, 09:31

I raise the level of the basin well so that no water plant is caught in the ice and breaks the latter when it forms to allow fish to breathe.

Real story (don't laugh, it's serious)
I had a goldfish completely trapped in the ice, and when the ice thawed, the fish was alive and well : Shock:
Funny isn't it? :D
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/08/09, 09:42

Just watch out, you have a dead fish living in your aquarium !!! Image

Without laughing: how long was he imprisoned? Maybe it was a form of hibernation and there was a little bit of liquid water around it?

In any case: it does not work with Florida turtles ... I have experienced (involuntarily) ...

Otherwise a pretty little Océano basin and superb water lilies (I think they are very sensitive to the quality of the water). What is the "white thing" on the left of the pelvis?
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 05/08/09, 12:18

If it is on photo 1 the white thing on the left is a terracotta goose which pleased my daughter but that a blow of tail of my Argentinian mastiff broke in 7 or 8 pieces :| Otherwise on the basin itself it is a silicone repair because the basin was pierced by papyrus roots. Since the papyrus are in the ground but in a large pot to limit their spread.

If it is on photo 3, it is water lily leaves which reflected the sun. My digital camera was dying at the time and it was starting to take pictures saturating certain colors ...
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 05/08/09, 15:55

Without laughing: how long was he imprisoned? Maybe it was a form of hibernation and there was a little bit of liquid water around it?

How long ? know more .. :D
And maybe there was a little liquid water left ... but it was a joke to see this fish in the ice, and then leave as if nothing had happened .. :D
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 06/08/09, 19:34

:D and this is mine, toddler : Cheesy: , but super cool for titis, dragonflies, and newts.
0 x