The syndrome can not repair: Brother Fax-1940CN

And if they were repairing rather than throwing and change? Rediscover the pleasure of the repairs yourself. How to diagnose a problem or find spare parts? Repair itself is way to save money generally!
Flytox

by Flytox » 20/09/11, 21:44

Yes, HP All in one F4280 printer = big stew. Very expensive cartridge, scanner that adds pink everywhere, interface neither clear nor practical, and in addition this dirt spends its life updating (with seven) before we can start working .... :frown: : Evil:
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 21/09/11, 11:06

more manufactured in 10 years?

If my memories are correct, it's more like 20 years !!!
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 21/09/11, 22:58

Flytox wrote:Yes, HP All in one F4280 printer = big stew. Very expensive cartridge, scanner that adds pink everywhere, interface neither clear nor practical, and in addition this dirt spends its life doing updates (with seven) before we can start working .... :frown: : Evil:

... the number seven brings bad luck in Asia, that must be why!
... (had to take a Mac ... aaah no, they too are starting to do "you can't fix it, so you don't have")

Linux, Ubuntu? But thin, the drivers, they do not always exist ... And then I am a USER and not a computer scientist ... In short, who are the pigeons?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/09/11, 09:34

Obamot wrote:Linux, Ubuntu? But thin, the drivers, they do not always exist ... And then I am a USER and not a computer scientist ... In short, who are the pigeons?

Read above: under ubuntu, they have very efficient generic drivers! I managed to make the scanner of an HP in all printer (similar to that of Flytox) in installable on XP and 30 work in less than 2000 minutes ...

The site http://ubuntu-fr.org/ is extremely complete! Read https://www.econologie.com/forums/j-installe ... 8-220.html
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 22/09/11, 10:23

Thank you, but to install this, I would have to find myself a Linux that runs on my old Mac G4s (it's not that you're addicted, as long as "it's running" I have no reason to change ... only there I will have to, because I have fewer and fewer softs which are compatible with the new "improvements" of the woueb ,,, finally it is improved for those who create improvements, and in general, they do not not ask users for their opinion .... who often have to go to the cash register to renew their machine + software + operating system ... => business OBLIGED ...) : Evil:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/09/11, 12:31

Xubuntu (the lightest graphical version of ubuntu) runs on a 2002 laptop with only 256 MB of RAM ...

It is limited (especially the RAM) but it runs and it is usable (much more than Vista to tell you ...) ... provided you are not in a hurry either.
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 22/09/11, 15:26

Alain G wrote:I have 2 HP printer of very good qualities which work very well and inexpensive in ink, HP unfortunately fell into the same hassle as Canon with the new models which cost little to buy but consume the ink like an ogre!

An HP inkjet Desjet 710c, a tank and a Laserjet 2100 also a tank!

If there is an example of a captive market coupled with planned industrial obsolescence, it is the printers.

"In the old days", HP was doing good stuff. I bought a very good HP laptop in 2000, and also Deskjet 690C and 930C printers.

I sold one and I still have the other in very good working condition.

On the other hand, from my experience, HP started to cut the prices and the quality of these printers around 2005. By wishing to catch up to death on the cartridges / toner.

I bought a combined printer / scanner HP PSC1215C whose page-up system quickly failed (a few weeks). Recently, it has finished breaking: an economically irreparable device, technically very difficult because everything is assembled stamped and crimped. I'm not talking about the price of cartridges whose black + color replacement blithely exceeds the price of the printer.

My dealer who was doing HP 10 years ago told me that he stopped because too many service faults / malfunctions to take under warranty.

For the Color Laser, I opted for an Epson Acu Laser 1100 which is really puncture-proof and economical.

For the B / W laser, I practice a lot of Brother in my establishment which are very satisfactory.

@+
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 22/09/11, 15:43

I have a 930C on my desk since ... Houuuu ....
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 22/09/11, 17:56

Christophe wrote:I assume that the Deskjet 710c has not been produced for 10 years?

And much more!

In fact 13 or 14 years old!
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/09/11, 19:46

Here is Alain, everything is ultimately "logical" ... :|

You're still lucky that HP is still making cartridges for this model!
0 x

Back to "failure, troubleshooting and repair: repair yourself? "