Wind Turbine Efficiency Discussions

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
FALCON_12
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Re: Discussions on wind turbine efficiency

by FALCON_12 » 05/02/24, 16:20

Christophe wrote:Your answer doesn't really surprise me...is it so difficult to notice your mistake (plus it was you who asked...)? So we attack the messenger?

I spent 2 hours on your equations and writing answers on your subject today (and I don't just have that to do...) and a good hour yesterday doing the wind turbine simulation...so if the subject interests me (interested...because we've covered it) and I'm not upset, I'll explain...

I found your error, point 2 is physically wrong. And Remundo didn't see the mistake either. No problem, to err is human. The error is to persist in the error...

If you don't understand with the example of cars it will be difficult to make things clearer.

If you think it's logical that a recoverable energy curve decreases with speed (when it should only increase)...
If you think that it is logical the shape of the object in the wind does not affect the shape of the recoverable energy curve...

So I can't do much more for you...sorry...

I still suggest you apply for the Nobel Prize in Physics. You never know, maybe you'll be able to convince them...

Here I'll give you the link: https://fr.symbolab.com/solver/functions-line-calculator/f%5Cleft(x%5Cright)%3D%5Cleft(12.5-x%5Cright)%5E%7B2%7D%5Ccdot%20x?or=input

Now do what you want, believe what you want...except that physics is not about belief but about facts and correct reasoning.

ps: keep us informed about the Nobel... : Mrgreen:

You're a little stubborn but I like you Christophe, you have a good heart.

I will wait for you to realize your elementary mistake but I ask you to reward my patience
by offering me your most sincere apologies and your cheeks turning pink with shame when the light returns
and that from the Christ Off state you will have returned to the Christ On state.

Promise me ! I deserve it! : roll:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/02/24, 16:29

I was editing the message while you were responding to it, I modified this passage:

If you think it's logical that a recoverable energy curve decreases with speed (when it should only increase)...
If you think that it is logical the shape of the object in the wind does not affect the shape of the recoverable energy curve...

So I can't do much more for you...sorry...

Fluid mechanics is a complex field which requires more than a few simple equations (which only allow us to give orders of magnitude... when they are used well...), which is why calculus was invented. in finished volume and the wind tunnels...

Do I still have a good background?
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 05/02/24, 17:34

You have a good background, but you shouldn't get upset. : Oops:

2 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/02/24, 17:54

pdf_20c50ff0-fec4-012b-4b51-0050569428b1.jpg
pdf_20c50ff0-fec4-012b-4b51-0050569428b1.jpg (22.15 Kio) Consulté 603 fois

I had a Tshirt like this when I was a teenager...

I wonder why they gave it to me!!! : Shock: : Shock: : Shock:

You have an idea ? Not me ! : Lol:
1 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/02/24, 18:02

Just one more remark, then I'll stop here (unless you're looking for me...then I'll explain again! : Mrgreen: )

It seems to me, I'm not 100% certain, that the Cx, even in a simple form, cannot be calculated by equation...

It was necessary to determine them 1 by 1 in the wind tunnel, in particular thanks to the first industrial wind tunnel in the world at Eiffel, which is still running...that's why French aeronautics was at the forefront at the start of the 1th century!

Obviously now we can estimate them by numerical calculation and there are certainly approximation equations to determine a Cx of a fairly simple form by mathematical "compilation" of the Cx found empirically... but I'm NOT SURE!

Christophe wrote:Fluid mechanics is a complex field which requires more than a few simple equations (which only allow us to give orders of magnitude... when they are used well...), which is why calculus was invented. in finished volume and the wind tunnels...

ps: Falcon, do you know the physical problem of the plane that wants to take off on a treadmill? : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 05/02/24, 19:20

I haven't read everything, but at one point the wind will pick up to maximum, and as soon as it turns, it will "shift", from maximum, to oppose the movement...
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
FALCON_12
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by FALCON_12 » 05/02/24, 19:26

phil59 wrote:I haven't read everything, but at one point the wind will pick up to maximum, and as soon as it turns, it will "shift", from maximum, to oppose the movement...

Phil, to answer you it seems appropriate to use your words: "hmmmmm, hummmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, eh, hummmmmmmmmmmmmmm" ...

I can't tell you better!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/02/24, 19:35

FALCON_12 wrote:
phil59 wrote:I haven't read everything, but at one point the wind will pick up to maximum, and as soon as it turns, it will "shift", from maximum, to oppose the movement...

Phil, to answer you it seems appropriate to use your words: "hmmmmm, hummmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, eh, hummmmmmmmmmmmmmm" ...

I can't tell you better!

And my plane? Do you think we're talking about it? : Mrgreen:
0 x
FALCON_12
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by FALCON_12 » 05/02/24, 19:41

Christophe wrote:Just one more remark, then I'll stop here (unless you're looking for me...then I'll explain again! : Mrgreen: )

It seems to me, I'm not 100% certain, that the Cx, even in a simple form, cannot be calculated by equation...

It was necessary to determine them 1 by 1 in the wind tunnel, in particular thanks to the first industrial wind tunnel in the world at Eiffel, which is still running...that's why French aeronautics was at the forefront at the start of the 1th century!

Obviously now we can estimate them by numerical calculation and there are certainly approximation equations to determine a Cx of a fairly simple form by mathematical "compilation" of the Cx found empirically... but I'm NOT SURE!

Christophe wrote:Fluid mechanics is a complex field which requires more than a few simple equations (which only allow us to give orders of magnitude... when they are used well...), which is why calculus was invented. in finished volume and the wind tunnels...

Quarterly bulletin T3
Student Christophe Soupolait
Final year class S

As soon as Christophe does not understand he tries to dismantle the reasoning
of the teacher and questions the formulas of the course. He's joking,
he insults, he smiles stupidly, plays the clown, and despite the remarks
from his teachers his behavior has not changed. It ruined
his school year.

Opinion of the class council : a deep questioning as well as a redoubling
its necessary to raise its too low level.
Last edited by FALCON_12 the 05 / 02 / 24, 20: 09, 1 edited once.
1 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/02/24, 20:06

Funny, I laughed...but so you're the teacher if I understand correctly?
(Ah I understand better the lamentable state of the level of the students... : Lol: : Lol: : Lol: : Lol: )

Hey sir, you're bad at French too!!

What ? Am I summoned to the director's office? : Cry:

Hey sir it's not right there!!

(as usual with you hihihihi)
0 x

Back to "hydraulic, wind, geothermal, marine energy, biogas ..."