A barrel of oil in dollars 100! It is finally!

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 07/12/08, 16:25

bham wrote:[...] What I would like to know and what worries me is to know up to what price are we able to go before saying: stop we stop the exploration and the exploitation of oil / gas because that this no longer corresponds to an acceptable price for the economy (more obvious discourse that "we have done enough environmental damage"); by the time we get there, a lot of environmental damage will have been committed in the name of a logic of "picking" which brings in and ease (increasingly relative) and profits (which I would also like to + relative).
Well ... :?
When you see what's going on in the Alberta tar sands, it's not encouraging to be optimistic ...
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 07/12/08, 16:59

Bah ... no, that does not encourage. : Cry:
Let us hope that the crisis continues then to give the chance to certain alternative solutions (not necessarily unprofitable as we are willing to let us believe) to develop.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/12/08, 14:23

$ 34 today ... it's worth filling your oil tank, do you think? (we do not use it but at this price ... as much restock not?) : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

The Canadians and their bituminous sand have their mouths there: extraction is no longer profitable !!

It's stupid, huh? Image
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 19/12/08, 14:36

Christophe wrote: $ 34 today ... it's worth filling your oil tank, do you think? (we do not use it but at this price ... as much restock not?) : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

Aren't you ashamed, you who advocates an expensive barrel?Image

Ah or so it is precisely to bring it up : Lol:

Christophe wrote:The Canadians and their bituminous sand have their mouths there: extraction is no longer profitable !!

It's stupid, huh? Image

Well you see a falling barrel is not that bad; if that could decide the investors, after the slap of the crisis, Madoff and Cie, to put their money in other energy sectors say cleaner ...
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 19/12/08, 15:09

Yep, you have to store a little while it's cheap ... : Idea:

it makes their feet, these fools of oil sands operators, and it will rest a little nature (less CO2 emitted, less pollution of rivers, etc ...)

But it's only temporary, in 10 or 15 years, it will spit out the expensive oil there :?
Last edited by Remundo the 19 / 12 / 08, 22: 14, 1 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/12/08, 19:33

Well yes, if it's not me who will have another stock ... then I might as well buy it when it's low!

How much is it now?
http://www.ufip.fr/?rubrique=1&ss_rubri ... 8&id=d_102

Still 0.60? Let them die !!
Below 0.40 I do not store :)

Here I found this curve:

Evolution of the consumption of domestic fuel oil in Europe

At the European level, we observe the same downward trend in the consumption of heating oil as at the national level. This drop is probably due to an increase in natural gas consumption and the leniency of the climate in certain European countries.

"UFIP - August 2008"

Source: http://www.ufip.fr/?rubrique=1&ss_rubri ... &inner=332

Do you think it will take 10 to 15 years for it to go back to $ 120 or $ 130?
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 19/12/08, 22:09

Good evening Christophe,

In my opinion less than that, in 3 or 4 years, maybe even 2, we should be there again at $ 130.

However, for 2009, I think it should go well at the pump.

It all depends on the start of the economic rebound, the start of which will be given once the world (and mainly the USA) has digested subprime. Nobody knows when all this will have been purged, but it will happen for sure and there, we will find the high prices of the barrel.

It must be seen that structurally, nothing has changed: limited production capacity at low cost (estimates of Middle East reserves are hypothetical ... in the medium term, there is a risk of switching to "unconventional" earlier than expected. : tar sands and deep offshore, and who knows, arctic oil (Greenland, North Pole ...)).

In addition, refining capacities are also limited, despite strong demand from Asia, boom in India, South America,

Russia determined to mint its gas. Geopolitical tension in Iran / Israel (war?)

peak-oil crossed since 2007/2008. Green technologies still not present to take over (hybrids, renewable energies), thus irreversible tensions on the hydrocarbon market ...

it will smoke, as much the oil as its price :|
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 21/12/08, 08:43

i can't say better Image
0 x
Click my signature
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 21/12/08, 10:26

: Arrow: Yeah, blah ... I didn't check my crystal ball ...

I watched the film Chomsky and company yesterday and it nevertheless expresses a certain optimism towards the power of consumers ...
In support of his speech, he demonstrated that the media, which relay the lobbies' desires, do not always obtain the expected results (no to the referendum, no to the war in Iraq ...)

As the "revival" depends on our purchases, if consumers do not want to buy a new car or not the one offered by the manufacturers ... to move towards foreign basics (anyway, no car in this category is made in France), the market will not restart immediately ...

Yesterday, with the family, we went to the cinema in town with the electric car, I parked the car in the underground parking lot in front of the cinema, 5.5 € for parking, : Shock: I think it would have cost less by tram at 4, So there is a chance that I will not set foot again in this parking lot anytime soon ... Even if I love going to the "utopia" cinema which is found next door. : Arrowl:
0 x
Golgot
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Golgot » 11/01/09, 13:42

I prefer to say "long live overtaxed oil" rather than "long live expensive oil"!
Personally I believe that fuels are not taxed enough, the liter of diesel should run at this time at almost 3 euros per liter!
Here we would really start to implement the real solutions ... but with 1 liter at 0.95 € right now ...

The problem is that if oil becomes hyper-taxed in France, we will become less competitive internationally ...

Rmq: With the additional taxes that the state would have garnered, its room for maneuver to revive the economy would be greater ...
0 x