Is Jean-Marc Jancovici a c ...?

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Jean-Marc Jancovici is it a con?

by Obamot » 06/07/20, 00:15

yves35 wrote:Good evening,

izentrop wrote:This notion of well-being growth is interesting, but the modalities remain to be found with a shrinking economy. :|
. :(

coluche had found:
tell us what you need, we will explain how to do without it (from memory ...) : Cheesy:

yves

They like Coluche on Futura Science? Is that why you are there?
0 x
yves35
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by yves35 » 06/07/20, 00:16

Obamot wrote:
yves35 wrote:The "true ecologists" only retain his non-condemnation of nuclear power (choose your camp, comrade ...)

yves

Yes, but you advertise him and the pro-nuclear lobby that pays him ... strange ...

no no nothing strange, it's for my little envelope ... : Cheesy:

yves
1 x
ignored: obamot, janic, guygadebois... air, air. We are not (yet) on Qanon Ben, if in fact
Remundo

by Remundo » 06/07/20, 00:18

I call him too Janco, that doesn't prevent me from being critical.

If "Janco" didn't have this habit of overselling nuclear power and trampling on renewable energies, he would be perfect.

He still says a lot of interesting things.
1 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 06/07/20, 00:26

Yes! I have no opinion on this issue. I am not talking about basic research, but that we can support nuclear power in our time as a scientist completely beyond me (he is only an engineer, which does not prevent him from speaking like a physicist)
yves35 wrote:
Obamot wrote:
yves35 wrote:The "true ecologists" only retain his non-condemnation of nuclear power (choose your camp, comrade ...)

yves

Yes, but you advertise him and the pro-nuclear lobby that pays him ... strange ...

no no nothing strange, it's for my little envelope ... : Cheesy:

yves

It's certainly fun ...

But you never wondered if the cause of the excess mortality due to covid-19 was not the result of the weakening of our species due to the low-dose radiation caused by all nuclear accidents ( and effects of previous nuclear explosions ...)?

I haven't read a line about it from Jancovici, nor much about nuclear accidents, yet it is known to be serious.
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 06/07/20, 00:42

Obamot wrote:But you never wondered if the cause of the excess mortality due to covid-19 was not the result of the weakening of our species due to the low-dose radiation caused by all nuclear accidents ( and effects of previous nuclear explosions ...)?

I haven't read a line about it from Jancovici, nor much about nuclear accidents, yet it is known to be serious.
Perhaps he is interested in real facts and not in conspiracy theories?
The answer is in the question : Wink:
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 06/07/20, 00:49

izentrop wrote:
Obamot wrote:But you never wondered if the cause of the excess mortality due to covid-19 was not the result of the weakening of our species due to the low-dose radiation caused by all nuclear accidents ( and effects of previous nuclear explosions ...)?

Perhaps he is interested in real facts and not in conspiracy theories?
The answer is in the question : Wink:

Among the last scientific reports that I know (WHO) it is reported 1 to 2 million dead over 70 years, after you can talk about “conspiracy” to close the subject and muzzle me to avoid talking about it, but allows to say two words for those who die ...

And to see the Chernobyl and Fukushima accidents as a “theory”, you must already have a comac base!
But we are used to lobbyists ...
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 06/07/20, 01:05

Obamot wrote:And to see the Chernobyl and Fukushima accidents as a “theory”, you must already have a comac base!

Nuclear tests too, from Arizona through the Pacific and the Algerian desert, well it's just gossip. And worse if it was true (you never know), well "it is without danger". The proof, we are not all dead.
1 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 06/07/20, 01:20

GuyGadebois wrote:
Obamot wrote:And to see the Chernobyl and Fukushima accidents as a “theory”, you must already have a comac base!

Nuclear tests too, from Arizona through the Pacific and the Algerian desert, well it's just gossip. And worse if it was true (you never know), well "it is without danger". The proof, we are not all dead.

1,5 million dead over 70 years due to low-dose irradiation we don't care, why?

Well, there are 24 cancer deaths per day in the world, that gives us an average “only” of 500 more deaths per day and distributed throughout the world, it is totally drowned in the “noise of statistical background ”, not even tears detected ... evaporated, nothing

However what is revolting is that one or the other of these dramatic subjects should be raised by the troll-lo-lobbyists, or I do not remember that it happened (bah no, beings humans - except their little person - but what do they care?)
1 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/09/20, 12:59

AH ah ah Janco struck again where we did not expect him:

1 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 25/09/20, 11:49

Our national Janco has just laid a sacred conference in Geneva.

It lasts 2 hours, but not really any downtime, very dense, synthetic and illustrated, with the usual panache of the speaker.

nothing very new for those who already know it. But I listened with pleasure. In this latest conf, Janco tries to influence financial decision makers. He has already outlined his strategy of wanting to influence political, economic and financial actors, minima to make them aware of climate change.

PS: he didn't do too much "nuke VRP"except in questions at> 2h00 :P
1 x