Heat wave: decrease in nuclear production

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 23/07/06, 22:30

The proof:
"Between EDF's request for exemption, the government's response and the publication in the Official Journal, barely 24 hours passed."

Taken from a fairly complete article, on what denounces -Pollux
: Arrow: http://permanent.nouvelobs.com/societe/ ... S6031.html
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 23/07/06, 22:39

Like what can go very quickly when you are a powerful industrial lobby, with lots of money to give in the near election period. : Evil:

How easy it is to make a text allowing to pollute (thermal pollution) : Shock: and that it's difficult to pass on a text that benefits ecology ... : Cry: : Cry: : Cry:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 24/07/06, 12:02

I say one thing: down with mechanical electric air conditioners that are growing like mushrooms today (for the greatest benefit of Edf and installers) : Evil: : Evil: : Evil: : Evil: and long live SOLAR air conditioning with adsorption (perfect for 10 years !!)

I am preparing a dossier on the subject, meanwhile you can read:
https://www.econologie.com/file/technolo ... CEAS_4.pdf
0 x
pollux
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by pollux » 24/07/06, 19:18

oooh yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes !!!

if you have technical info on this type of air conditioning, I take it !!!

in addition, it will advance the post "making a house air conditioning".
I am more than impatient to learn more about solar air conditioning. I searched, but I found nothing, and my energy teacher specializes in nuclear ( : Evil: : Evil: ) and a little solar heating, he could not inform me.

I find it a bit difficult to differentiate between adsorption and absorbtion clims ... I confuse them, and I can't find out which is easier to implement with amateur means. from the photos in pdf and the products mentioned, it is clearly adsorption.

this cheers me up a bit. thank you christophe.

-Pollux
0 x
criticism is necessary, but the invention is vital because in any invention there is a criticism of the convention ...
freddau
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

The heat wave aggravates the energy crisis

by freddau » 27/07/06, 18:02

Europe is facing a major heat wave. Energy production can no longer keep pace with consumption. Supply problems are multiplying across Europe, which reopens the debate on the energy policy of the Old Continent.

Le Temps (Switzerland)
"It's not just the price of oil that goes up," says Jean-Claude Péclet, the price of megawatt per hour having reached 2 euros in the day on Tuesday, July 000, instead of 25 euros usually on the Stock Exchange European EEX. "The persistent heat wave increases the demand for electricity. In Europe, France, which has pushed 'all-electric' a lot, is more affected than Germany or Great Britain. 'We are in a crisis situation' said EDF boss Pierre Gadonneix [public electricity monopoly in France] last week, where current heat increases consumption by 73% compared to seasonal standards, which corresponds to the production of 3 power plants Poland announced yesterday that it will cut electricity exports from July 2,5 to 25 due to the heat wave, causing a massive blackout affecting large companies in the Czech Republic, which set an all-time record for consumption in the first semester 28. "

Die Presse (Austria)
For Margarete Freisinger, the heat wave is not solely responsible for the problems of energy supply. The EU is also involved. The journalist fears that the situation will worsen. "Since 2001, Austria, a former exporting country, has had to import increasing quantities of current, which is becoming more and more difficult and costly due to the European shortage and the congestion of the lines. Opening up to competition of the European electricity market in February 1999 was the main culprit, followed by a fall in prices to which suppliers responded by shutting down old power plants, deemed too expensive, and by refusing to build new ones, with the result of a reduction of almost 30% in the European reserves planned for hard times. "

El Periódico de Catalunya (Spain)
"Spain certainly did not expect France, an energy exporter, to ask it to import its electricity," said the Spanish daily newspaper. "The electricity supply is difficult in France because the country is mainly equipped with nuclear power plants. The heat wave forces to reduce their production due to the lack of water in the rivers. In full European energy debate, in which dependence excessive use of oil is constantly denounced, we see that the nuclear source also has its weaknesses. The Spanish government cannot respond favorably to the French because its priority is to avoid power cuts in certain provinces. (...) the fact that an exporting country now needs energy once again demonstrates the urgency of establishing a common energy policy. "

die tageszeitung (Germany)
For Bernward Janzing, the problems of energy supply show above all that the myth according to which nuclear energy is able to ensure energy autonomy is not viable. "Today, this myth does not stand up to the heat of summer. Nuclear reactors, supposed to be permanently operational, are forced to reduce their production. Thus the last argument of the pro-nuclear campaign vanishes. nuclear error was not so serious, we could laugh at it. Because on the sidelines of all the known problems generated by nuclear power appears a new disadvantage of this technology: nuclear energy relies on centralized structures. It is inevitably a source problems. "

From international courier:
http://europe.courrierinternational.com ... at=DOSSIER
0 x
freddau
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by freddau » 27/07/06, 18:05

He's talking about:

France has pushed electricity very far ??
There I don't understand, after the other European countries are not the same case? bcp of things work with the electricity fee?
0 x
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 27/07/06, 23:02

Yes, France is THE country of the nuclear lobby and it shows (when you are outside).
You only have to see all the "vivrélec" pubs: all the rental accommodation is electrically heated, ditto for boiling.
Here in Belgium, the one who installs an electric heater passes for a madman because we do not have the same stuffing of skull on the part of the merchants of electricity, and especially: it is 3 times more expensive!
0 x
freddau
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by freddau » 28/07/06, 09:08

Ok, in this case ok.

But elec heating is also very expensive.

What is the trend in addition to Quievrain ??
Wood, gas ??
0 x
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 29/07/06, 15:32

The trend is clearly for solar thermal: in fact the panels are now mandatory for all new construction (for details, I would have to inquire).

For the rest, the pellet is the "new star" in all fairs but the investment remains heavy and dependence on suppliers is a little scary.

Just yesterday, I saw that a neighbor who is building a house, say low-mid-range, had a heat pump installed: I think people are starting to understand that it is by accumulating the different sources that they will do. savings.

And then here, in the heart of the green Ardennes, we remain very attached to the wood stove.

Voili voilou
0 x
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 29/07/06, 23:15

One positive thing in this sad news: the sacrosanct security of electricity supply to France thanks to nuclear gadgets takes a big hit in the wing ... At the slightest heat stroke, the exporter becomes the importer. The last vaguely valid reason to make Chernobyl has just evaporated ... in the sun : Mrgreen:

Frankly, we must stop the costs with this bullshit atom ... The € 3 billion EPR is for a thing that will not work in the summer because too hot?

Clearly, the world of energy is truly a world where common sense and pragmatism have no place ...

Rulian, who hadn't written on fofo in a long time and who has the luxury of marching and launching a troll : Mrgreen:
0 x

Go back to "Fossil energies: oil, gas, coal and nuclear electricity (fission and fusion)"