Shale gas in Quebec and documentary Gasland

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
Remundo

by Remundo » 10/03/11, 22:14

yep.

Very good videos. Bové is right to move on shale gas. Corinne Lepage knows her case well.

But all the rest of the political class should reach consensus on this theme.
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 10/03/11, 22:17

Christophe wrote:
Remundo wrote:watch video n ° 2 from 4min 50 sec.

despite reassuring speeches more or less credible, NKM informally follows the direction of the drilling head : Idea:

Seen !! It's a nice joke: how would the French hydraulic fracturing method be less "geologically" uncertain and more reliable than that of the USA?
[]
I thought she had more green convictions and integrity than that ... in the end he is a politician like any other ... :|

NKM, I followed its positions closely during the photovoltaic moratorium. By the way, this one was "very possible", no mining code problem ... : Mrgreen:

Only one conclusion: one cannot have no trust this politician. I do say any.

The arguments that she developed are unworthy of her training and the rigor that is expected of a polytechnician, moreover aware of environmental issues.

But everyone knows who she is riding for now: Avera and Latot. :P
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 10/03/11, 22:25

Remundo wrote:Very good videos. Bové is right to move on shale gas. Corinne Lepage knows her case well.

But all the rest of the political class should reach consensus on this theme.

Well done to its author (and to you for having found them), on the other hand it is a pity that there is so much passage from Gasland, because for people like me who have already seen it ... it duplicates ...

A 100% FR compilation would not be bad! : Idea:
0 x
turbi
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

gas

by turbi » 11/03/11, 03:49

Hello,

The debate is still raging in Quebec ...
Here's what it says Radio-Canada, my boss.

Yves
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 11/03/11, 09:54

Thank you Yves for this link,

in France, Yves Cochet and some of his colleagues set foot in the dish
0 x
nlc
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by nlc » 30/03/11, 17:22

I just saw one of the videos, youtube link sent by my little brother, which seems to be given in the 1st message of this subject.

It’s amazing. I think it will be time to take up arms it is not possible !!!!!!!!!
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 30/03/11, 17:43

But no we found a way to make it very clean with very ecological boron !!

New process cleanly extracts oil from tar sands and crowded beaches
http://www.physorg.com/news/2011-03-cle ... ouled.html

???????????????????????????
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/03/11, 22:38

nlc wrote:It’s amazing. I think it will be time to take up arms it is not possible !!!!!!!!!

Ben looks at this before: https://www.econologie.com/forums/gaz-de-sch ... 10542.html

: Mrgreen: : Evil:

Good for the moment there is nothing in "your" corner ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/04/11, 18:20

For Canal + subscribers, Gasland will be broadcast there at 22:20 p.m. ... for others there is always Dailymotion :) https://www.econologie.com/gasland-video ... -4335.html

Gasland: The Tainted Water Scandal, by Josh Fox
tonight at 22:20 p.m. on Canal +.

Imagine a world where when you approach a lit lighter from a kitchen tap, the water ignites. A world where one hears a mayor, at the same time cynical and worried, launching that one of these days, "a guy will blow up his village" while wanting to make a barbecue. Well, know it, this world exists: it is called the United States. And the cause of these phenomena is the extraction of shale gas.

The genesis of the Gasland investigation: the contaminated water scandal is a simple letter one day received by its American director Josh Fox. A letter from a gas company which proposed to exploit gas on its family property of Pennsylvania, superb corner of greenery at the edge of the Delaware river, against enticing remuneration. First simply looking for information, Josh Fox quickly realizes that he has just put his finger on a national health scandal: the dramatic consequences of a drilling technique used since 2000, hydraulic fracturing. Widely used in the United States, the method allows shale gas to flow out by injecting large quantities of water and chemicals into the subsoil to fracture the rocks. An extremely polluting extraction method for groundwater and drinking water circuits.

(...)

http://www.ecrans.fr/Gasland-le-docu-ex ... 12410.html
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 10/06/11, 12:54

Bonjour à tous

I am part of the Collective of scientists on the shale gas question, and I can tell you that we are convinced that the government is using scientists to make us swallow the shale gas pill, using its alleged Strategic environmental study, the committee of which is composed mainly of people from the gas industry and government (8 of 11). No representative of environmental groups or citizen groups. What more can be said. The dice are loaded.

It is very important to mobilize and show that we are not fooled and that we will not accept that the pantry in Quebec (the beautiful agricultural land of the St. Lawrence Valley) be ransacked.

So let's show solidarity on June 18 for a civic march in Montreal!

Sincerely

Pierre Langlois, Ph.D.
Physicist: consultant / author

Phone. 418-875-0380

E-mail: pierrel@coopcscf.com
Site Internet: www.planglois-pca.com

Information and solidarity are the two pillars of real change

Message forwarded

Important call for June 18

http://manif18juin.blogspot.com/
Citizen mobilization of the Quebec people

Grand Rally in the public square

Let it be said frankly:
"we are passing one off."

The almost moratorium on shale gas
is pure political strategy
to calm public opinion
and serve the gas industry
at the expense of the interest of citizens.

The industry represented by Lucien Bouchard
got what she wants:
the Study Committee proposed by the BAPE has become
a ploy to make people accept the unacceptable.

Next Saturday June 18,
it is important that we take the street
and that we are thousands of
citizens gathered
to command respect.

Let democracy manifest
to tell government and industry

It's up to us
We are not going to let ourselves be drilled!

It's our land, it's our water, it's the air we breathe
in Quebec, nothing justifies taking the risk
to harm our living environment.

Drilling and fracturing techniques are dangerous.
Recent studies and cases are multiplying to prove it.

Our natural wealth belongs to us,
it is up to us to dispose of it
properly, correctly, collectively.

To serve the common good, we demand:
1. the immediate prohibition of any fracturing operation on our territory
2. a modified, representative and credible Strategic Environmental Assessment Committee
3. a public and transparent study process

Gathering: Saturday June 18 at 14 p.m.
in Montreal across from the Hydro-Quebec Building
on René-Lévesque, corner St-Urbain - Metro Place des Arts
See on the map http://goo.gl/ED8AZ
Start of the walk: 14:30 p.m.

to the office of the Prime Minister of Quebec (corner Sherbrooke and McGill College)

-------------------------------------------------- -
To convince yourself to be there on June 18, read the following carefully ...

"I live in the municipality of Saint-Louis, the only municipality in Quebec which, to this day, has accepted a shale gas well in the center of its village. And although we can hope that no other municipality follow this gloomy example, it's a safe bet that Saint-Louis will not be an exception in Quebec. You may have heard of the city of Fort Worth in Texas, with its 1,8 million inhabitants , a city that could be compared to Montreal. In barely ten years, the gas companies have drilled more than 2 gas wells all over the city. Here in Quebec, we are talking about 000 wells in 20-000 years , in the valley of the St. Lawrence alone. How many will there be in Montreal? How many in Saint-Louis? How many in your municipality? How far from your house? Do not believe that the gas companies will have more than scruples here in our towns and cities that they have had in the United States or elsewhere in the world.

I know all the nuisances caused by drilling a shale gas well, because we have one 100 meters from our home. Since 2007, Gastem and his partner Forest Oil have drilled 3 times behind our home, with the blessing of the former mayor and the provincial authorities. They have all the rights, we have nothing to say. In the fall of 2008, we experienced hydraulic fracturing and the work related to it for 93 days, 7 days a week, 7 hours a day. We were subjected to dust, intense lighting night after night, noise from pipes hitting each other, the noise of the generators day and night, the deafening noise of about fifteen pumps powered by huge diesel engines, the whistles and the light generated by the flare, the smog that burns the throat, eyes, throbbing and energy consuming, heavy vehicle traffic on our residential street, two explosions in the middle of the night that made our windows and walls shake, insomnia, despair and revolt. How does homosapiens react when they feel attacked? He has two choices: either he crashes and runs away, or he gets up, faces and attacks. In our case, this revolt led us to confrontation, to bring our cause before the courts. And to leave our house with our signs to shout our indignation more and more loudly. For us it is a matter of dignity. We'll see what happens next. But collectively, what solution will we adopt? Flight or confrontation? It is urgent that we find an answer and act accordingly because the threat is extremely strong and well organized.

At La Présentation, as in Saint-Louis, the gas company Gastem and its partners, at your home Canbrian, at our home Forest Oil, showed a total lack of respect towards the citizens by drilling as close to homes. I understand the indignation of Madame Méthot who operates a daycare nearby and that of the parents whose children attend her establishment. I also understand the other neighbors of the site because, like us, they probably chose to live in the countryside to be there in peace and harmony with nature and certainly not to see the gas industry set up near their property.

But what matters to the industry: good neighborliness or profit? Without hesitation, I point the profit. The disrupted life of the neighbors, which turns into a real nightmare, does not move them at all and, once installed, they will continue their work for several years, even decades, as long as there is gas in siphon from the basement. The companies are stingy with information on the duration of the work and the number of wells they will dig at each site. They may say that the properties located near a site do not lose value and that the activities related to drilling resemble, as Raymond Savoie said, 'a murmur of the wind in the leaves of a tree', but it is important not to take their word for it because the whisper is more like hell than in paradise and it slowly but surely leads to stupidity and total destruction of all quality of life. My husband and I know this very well. Also talk to those who live near a well, they will tell you that the nuisance is much greater than the few pocketed dollars, that it is excessive, unacceptable and that it ruins life. For gas companies, profit is all that matters, not to improve the lives of Quebecers, but to further enrich their shareholders.

Like many citizens, my husband and I presented a brief to the BAPE. It has the number DM39 and you can consult it on the BAPE website. Looking back and seeing the case evolve, I'm not sure this exercise was worth it. This will simply have served to reassure a large part of the population and to silence the discontent. In this shale gas issue, we, the citizens of Quebec, must stand up, mobilize and fight, for ourselves of course, but above all for our children and our grandchildren, so that they can have a future. This is the only way that we will succeed in making the government back down and that we will be able to bequeath to all the children of Quebec, a heritage that we will have been able to protect from looters and unscrupulous profiteers, a country where life will be good, a land where our grandchildren and their descendants can evolve and prosper. This is my greatest wish. "

Odette Larin, Saint-Louis-sur-Richelieu

0 x