Ossetia: the new Chechnya of Caspian gas?

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/08/08, 10:38

NouvelObs dedicated to the crisis:
http://hebdo.nouvelobs.com/hebdo/paruti ... tine_.html

How far will Putin go

"Why did you throw yourself into the wolf's mouth?" You had to be crazy! ”

By launching an offensive against Tskhinvali, the capital of the Ossetian separatists, has Georgian President Mikheil Saakashvili fallen into a trap set by Russia? His army is in disarray, his power very threatened and the process he has started is causing concern far beyond the Caucasus ...

From our special correspondent, Christophe Boltanski

The tankers who, as a sign of victory, raise their fists towards almost deserted sidewalks, do not go towards the front, they leave. With their features drawn, four or five of them piled up with their package on old T-55 tanks covered with leaves and spitting out thick black smoke. The armored column flows back to the Georgian capital, Tbilisi, and storms through Gori, the big city in the North. A strategic location that controls one of the main traffic axes of the country. After four days of violent clashes, the Georgian army is retreating. "How could we resist the Russians?" exclaims Mamouka, a soldier returning from the fighting in South Ossetia, the secessionist province some XNUMX km away. What about aviation? What can we do against their planes? If we stay alone, they will crush Georgia. ”
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 14/08/08, 11:05

Hi everybody,

It is a terrible mess, still underpinned by gas and oil. The Caspian is indeed strategic.

Bigger problem still, the ricans do not see that in a good light, and diplomatically, it is already starting to sinter with Russia.

We little Europeans can do nothing: European defense does not exist, as many opinions as there are European countries, risk paying the gas, mostly imported from Russia much more expensive, or even having taps closed. .

And we were talking about Iran not so long ago ... not far from the Caspian problem at all At any point of view.

It is a real powder keg ... :|
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 14/08/08, 11:37

I found a site that traces the history of the Caspian and its relations with Russia:
http://www.ladocumentationfrancaise.fr/ ... ogie.shtml

It only talks about gas pipelines, pipelines, oil fields. A card will be more meaningful ...
Source: http://www.ladocumentationfrancaise.fr/ ... ducs.shtml

Thus, the Caspian is highly strategic both in terms of deposits of hydrocarbons only in terms ofrouting hydrocarbons. Here are some comments from me:

By the way, I find it mind-blowing that not a single news report refers to it, nor does it speak of the extreme tension that generates the American presence at the gates of Iran. combined to the Russian military intervention in Georgia ... :|

Strongly that the person leading "the underside of the cards"on Arte do a much more in-depth and documented analysis of all this ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/08/08, 11:40

Remundo wrote:Strongly that the person leading "the underside of the cards"on Arte do a much more in-depth and documented analysis of all this ...

Well your analyzes which cut across the links that I put above.
As for the underside of the cards, I think it already exists, right?

By the way there is a site dedicated to this show (with the listing of everything).

We bought the pack of 4 DVDs but I don't think the episode in question is in there ... (I'm ashamed I haven't watched them all yet) ...
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 14/08/08, 11:48

Ah yes, I found the name of the author / host of this remarkable show: Jean-Christophe VICTOR

On this link, we have access to paid podcast of the show
http://www.artevod.com/menuConsultation ... ayElements

I don't know if the Caspian was treated there. Not impossible ... : Idea:

I saw on page 2 a theme on Armenia and Belarus ...
http://www.artevod.com/programDetails.d ... ionId=2009
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 14/08/08, 11:53

page 7: world gas geography
page 8: Kazakhstan ... voili voilou 8)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/08/08, 12:05

0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 14/08/08, 12:38

Thank you Christophe.

Projections of growth which seem very optimistic to me, a little as if these gentlemen were always reasoning with the specter of accessible and cheap energy and of a relatively peaceful world ...

Russia and the US are grappling with gas and oil. A dangerous world conflict, in any case between the 2 big ones is not excluded ... China is asserting itself more and more and will be able to play the referees ...

I'm not even talking about the climate that will decay frankly if we burn the stocks of coal, gas and oil stored over millions of years in 200 years ... Basically, we've already done half the way. Depressing it all :|
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/08/08, 12:40

And to say that all this could and could have been avoided if we had made judicious technological choices such as developing Laigret's work on a large scale ... instead of looking for maximum profit and profit !!

https://www.econologie.com/forums/du-petrole ... t5802.html

Oil tankers make me stack up and they will be judged for crimes against humanity by future generations ...
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 14/08/08, 12:43

Laigret's work may have resumed ... who knows. This is very valid for countries rich in biomass, and also for recycling organic waste

To cheer up a bit, I will publish a new vision of energy in a while of agriculture and transport in connection with the PHRSD.

But it is obvious that such initiatives do not weigh heavily against the Russian tanks or the US Hummers ...
0 x

Go back to "Fossil energies: oil, gas, coal and nuclear electricity (fission and fusion)"