Power consumption: annual load curve of EDF

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
Remundo

by Remundo » 10/02/09, 16:09

Christophe wrote:
Remundo wrote:- industry (holidays / production slowdown)
- public lighting (very long days)

Definitely you REALLY don't read my posts ... :|

a) I have just shown that public lighting only represents the maximum and over the whole year the equivalent of 2 weeks of consumption

But if Christophe, that's why I put it as the last consumption post : Idea:

The main part of the consumption is industry and electric heating.

Come on, let's drink to EDF's good health Image
0 x
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 10/01/10, 14:29

Very good subject.

It clearly shows the strategic interest in developing thermal solar and wood heating to eliminate electric heating, and at the same time the additional need for electricity production capacity in winter.
0 x
See you soon !
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/03/11, 12:46

Here is an excellent document found by did67 here https://www.econologie.com/forums/sortir-du- ... 10610.html and produced by the Negawatt association:

Did67 wrote:And that ? It’s stupid! But so much talking about the "French model! Has anyone already put this slideshow (sometimes I lose track of this thread):

http://www.negawatt.org/telechargement/ ... 011209.pdf
https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... KEywyM.pdf

Some analyzes:

Christophe wrote:(...) there is very nice info and curves in it, especially the annual consumption without the electric heating page 4 (almost constant astonishing thing moreover seen the holidays of certain industries in summer)

See 6 page between 2001 and 2009 there is 2 000 000 new electric heated fireplaces is simply SCANDAL!

I don't know if that counts the heat pump ...

On the same graph with sensitivity to cold, we see that people have become LESS economical and that they heat more! Crazy...

Read also: senario negawatt to download
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 30/03/11, 14:54

Very beautiful this document ;, to learn by heart !!
negawatt should be called antigaspiwatt or pas-de-radioactivitywatt, with a positive term !!

I deduce that we can reduce the number of French nuclear power plants by 1/3 by replacing this absurd electric heating with the storage of excess solar heat in summer underground to use it in winter, as it works with:
http://www.dlsc.ca/DLSC_Brochure_f.pdf
http://www.dlsc.ca

This perpetual solution is without CO2 or fuel, and their varied pollution, nuclear and radioactivity even more perpetual, which means evacuating entire regions without any hope of return !!

It is an investment to request as a priority.

It is unfortunate that the Negawatt scenario (term that annoys me) does not speak at all and remains in the conventional well known !!
0 x
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 05/02/12, 20:45

Cold: EDF expects a historic peak in consumption this Monday

Is France at risk of the mega-breakdown? While EDF probably expects to surpass a new historic consumption peak on Monday evening, the Minister of Economy François Baroin wanted to be reassuring on Sunday. Guest of the Grand Rendez-vous Europe 1 / Le Parisien - Today in France, the Minister assured that there was currently no difficulty in terms of supply.

“As I speak to you, we have no difficulties. We have room, ”he said. "For now, it's under control," he added, also referring to the words of EDF CEO Henri Proglio who assured in the JDD this Sunday that his group would face "no problem" at the peak of electricity consumption caused by the intense cold wave.

98 Megawatt expected

The absolute record of December 15, 2010 (96710 MW) could fall on Monday evening and exceed the 98 MW threshold. The entire French electricity production fleet is running at full speed: “000 nuclear reactors out of 55 are operating, hydraulics are used as a backup and, at the end of the week, we restarted 58 additional thermal power stations using gas , fuel oil and coal, "said Sunday Henri Proglio, in the JDD. “The dark scenario would be that the German network encounters difficulties. It is unlikely, the Germans being less heated than us with electricity, their consumption is less sensitive than us to cold periods. ”

http://www.leparisien.fr/economie/froid ... 846640.php
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 05/02/12, 23:13

dedeleco wrote:It is unfortunate that the Negawatt scenario (term that annoys me) does not speak at all and remains in the conventional well known !!
Not everyone has the genius to find meaningful words like econology. : Mrgreen:
You still have to approve the fact that negawatt is mediatically present and that the concept, because it evokes conventional solutions, reassures and thus asserts its credibility.
:?
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 07/02/12, 10:44

As an extension of this subject, at our Germanic Friends

An excellent report from I-Télé

German electricity exports well

Among many very relevant remarks relating to renewable energies ...
Restarting nuclear power plants is not on the agenda

@+
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 07/02/12, 13:34

A glance at France2's news yesterday evening: a sequence on the European management of large electricity flows, with a map with a country in red: France!

And arrows from all the other countries, including Germany, materializing the imports.

Where are those who posted the graphics showing that Germany had increased its imports from France after the shutdown of its reactors ??? [which was true]

Proglio's words are incredible: you hold because you import in particular from Germany; but it would be a catastrophe if there was a glitch in Germany !!!

So we have a peak that despite our mega-park we can not meet our needs because of the choices that have been made (mainly electric heating), but it would be the fault of the Germans if it collapsed (because they could not then contribute to our imports) ...
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 07/02/12, 14:12

it gives you something to think about

the big nuclear power plants are very expensive, we only have what is needed

thermal power stations are much less expensive to build: it is therefore easy to build more, and therefore to have a better margin of safety in power, and even to earn money by selling to the neighboring country at the maximum price

Another advantage of thermal power plants: they are not scary, we can leave them where necessary, and even in cities to use heat for heating: cogeneration

in France if we replaced all boilers with generators with cogeneration, we would no longer need nuclear in winter

it gives to think when some say that with wind or photovoltaic it requires building thermal power plants ... where is the problem? thermal power plants or generator sets used only for peaks are not a problem!
0 x
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 08/02/12, 16:00

It was in fact Tuesday that the record was broken: 100 MW
http://www.france24.com/fr/20120208-consommation-electricite-enregistre-pic-record-froid-france-intemperies-europe-rte-reseau-neige-

This time, we mainly imported English electricity.
They are happy the English: they sell us electricity when it is super expensive. While EDF sells its own when it is worth nothing (in summer, nobody wants it).
It's great, nuclear! :frown:

moinsdewatt wrote:
Cold: EDF expects a historic peak in consumption this Monday

Is France at risk of the mega-breakdown? While EDF probably expects to surpass a new historic consumption peak on Monday evening, the Minister of Economy François Baroin wanted to be reassuring on Sunday. Guest of the Grand Rendez-vous Europe 1 / Le Parisien - Today in France, the Minister assured that there was currently no difficulty in terms of supply.

“As I speak to you, we have no difficulties. We have room, ”he said. "For now, it's under control," he added, also referring to the words of EDF CEO Henri Proglio who assured in the JDD this Sunday that his group would face "no problem" at the peak of electricity consumption caused by the intense cold wave.

98 Megawatt expected

The absolute record of December 15, 2010 (96710 MW) could fall on Monday evening and exceed the 98 MW threshold. The entire French electricity production fleet is running at full speed: “000 nuclear reactors out of 55 are operating, hydraulics are used as a backup and, at the end of the week, we restarted 58 additional thermal power stations using gas , fuel oil and coal, "said Sunday Henri Proglio, in the JDD. “The dark scenario would be that the German network encounters difficulties. It is unlikely, the Germans being less heated than us with electricity, their consumption is less sensitive than us to cold periods. ”

http://www.leparisien.fr/economie/froid ... 846640.php
0 x
Solar Production + VE + VAE = short cycle electricity