Drying tower for laundry

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
BobFuck
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by BobFuck » 11/06/13, 08:45

damn, but how many times will you have to repeat it?

you are saying "I drove 24 hours at 10 km / h so I traveled 240 km / h" (which does not mean anything) ...

power * time = energy
65W*24h=1560Wh

EDF invoices Wh (energy) directly and indirectly W Crete (maximum subscription power)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/06/13, 10:07

Pfff Hic you're abusing there ... I already warned you above that you were mixing energy and power!
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 11/06/13, 13:21

you have to understand the difference between division and multiplication

km and km / h: this is the division sign
km is the unit of quantity ... divided by time is speed

for W it is the opposite, it is the unit of speed which has a simple name, and the quantity has a compound name the Wh with as a multiplication between the 2 (yes the maths do not use the X for multiplication: 2 simbole in a row and multiplication is implied

once we understand that the energy is kWh we can say that a machine that eats 1KWh in one hour has an average power of 1 kWh / h = 1kW

the thing which consumes a power of 1Kw during one hour ... it is like a car which makes 1Km / h during one hour: it advances of 1Km

the thing that consumes a power of 1Kw for one hour eats an energy of 1kWh
0 x
sapeur3873
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by sapeur3873 » 11/06/13, 18:42

it's a shame we are off topic ...
there is a battle that has very little to do with the initial post.

for wikipedia info:

Definition [edit] The kilowatt hour is a unit of energy measurement corresponding to the energy consumed by a device of 1 watts (000 kW) of power over a period of one hour. It is worth 1 megajoules (MJ). It is mainly used to measure electrical energy, both generated (electric generator ...) and consumed (hob ...). But the definition of this unit applies to all areas (including non-electrical). In order to know the energy consumed by a device, it is therefore necessary to multiply its power (in kilowatts) by its duration of use (in hours).

Examples
A 2 W (500 kW) appliance used at maximum power for 2,5 h will have consumed 2 kW × 2,5 h = 2 kW ∙ h in total.

An electrical appliance with a power of one watt (1 W) used continuously consumes 8,76 kW · h in one year (1 W × 24 h / d × 365 d = 8 W · h).

We use several types of prefixes, for example:

1 watt hour (Wh) = 3 J
1 kilowatt hour (kWh) = 1 Wh = 000 MJ
1 megawatt hour (MWh) = 1 kWh = 000 Wh = 1 GJ
1 gigawatt hour (GW · h) = 1 MW · h = 000 kW · h = 1 W · h = 000 TJ [000]
1 terawatt hour (TW · h) = 1 GW · h = 000 MW · h = 1 kW · h = 000 W · h = 000 PJ
Confusion between watts, watt-hours and watts per hour [edit] The power expressed in watts (W) is often confused with the energy expressed in watt-hours (W · h) or with the unit of variation of power expressed in watts per hour (W / h). The power defines the rate of generation or consumption of energy per unit of time, depending on whether it is a generator or consumer device: W = W · h / h.

The unit of watts per hour (W / h) is often confused and improperly used in place of watt-hours (W · h) to denote an amount of energy, or watts (W) to denote a power. The magnitude W / h is that of a variation in power per unit of time, useful for comparing the speed at which generators are started with their working power. For example, a generator which goes from 0 to 18 MW in 15 minutes (0,25 hours) performs a ramp-up of 72 MW / h (and if this rise was linear, the generator will have produced during this time an energy of 18 MW × 0,25 h / 2 = 2,25 MW · h). Thus, hydroelectric power plants, for example, have significantly faster ramp-ups than thermal ones (greater number of W / h) and consequently shorter times to reach the same power; they are therefore particularly useful in the event of increased and sudden energy needs.

We also sometimes find incorrect entries KW or KWh for kilowatts and kilowatt-hours. The general public does not make any particular difference between upper and lower case. However, this changes everything scientifically because the K (capital letter) represents the kelvin, a completely different unit (of temperature) having no relation to the prefix kilo. It is therefore necessary to always use a lowercase k: kW or kW ∙ h for example.
0 x
hic
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by hic » 12/06/13, 21:24

sapeur3873 wrote:for wikipedia info:
Definition [edit] The kilowatt hour is a unit of energy measurement corresponding to the energy consumed by a device of 1 watts (000 kW) of power over a period of one hour. It is worth 1 megajoules (MJ). It is mainly used to measure electrical energy, both generated (electric generator ...) and consumed (hob ...). But the definition of this unit applies to all areas (including non-electrical). In order to know the energy consumed by a device, it is therefore necessary to multiply its power (in kilowatts) by its duration of use (in hours).
Examples
A 2 W (500 kW) appliance used at maximum power for 2,5 h will have consumed 2 kW × 2,5 h = 2 kW ∙ h in total.

chatelot16 wrote:the thing that consumes a power of 1Kw for one hour eats an energy of 1kWh

That's what I said : Evil:

the 65w of power is also the hourly consumption!
65w x 24H = 1,56Kwatts / 24h for an extraction of 0,6L / 24H

mine 1/2 Liter in one hour for 280Watt : Idea:

Yes! BUT It's FALSE According to Christophe!
Christophe will have to explain to you
: Mrgreen:
0 x
"Let food be thy medicine and thy medicine be thy food" Hippocrates
"Everything has a price has no value" Nietzche
Torture for Dummies
Forbid to express the idea that the field is acceleration (magnetic and gravitational)
And you get your patent mental torture option executioner successfully
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 12/06/13, 21:51

no 65W it's not hourly! 65W is instantaneous like the speed of a car at 65km / h

if the speed of 65km / h lasts one hour we will have done 65km

if the power of 65W lasts an hour it will have passed through the wire an energy of 65Wh ... if we let it pass for 10h it will have passed 650Wh

That's what I said

the 65W of power is also the hourly consumption!
65W x 24H = 1,56Kwatts / 24h for an extraction of 0,6L / 24H

except you say it wrongly

65W power x 24h time = 1560Wh energy

or an energy of 1,56kWh

1,56kWatts / 24h is nonsense that means nothing

you can say 1,56kWh consumed in 24h

therefore 1,56kWh / 24H = 65W of average power
0 x
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 12/06/13, 21:53

I make it a point of honor to dry the laundry outside.
And I have had a brand new dryer for 5 years. He had to serve 10 times for emergencies.
On a family budget this remains peanuts.
0 x
"Not to see Evil, not to hear Evil, not to speak Evil" 3 little monkeys Mizaru
hic
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by hic » 12/06/13, 22:02

chatelot16 wrote:no 65W it's not hourly! 65W is instantaneous like the speed of a car at 65km / h

if the speed of 65km / h lasts one hour we will have done 65km

if the power of 65W lasts an hour it will have passed through the wire an energy of 65Wh ... if we let it pass for 10h it will have passed 650Wh

That's what I said

the 65W of power is also the hourly consumption!
65W x 24H = 1,56Kwatts / 24h for an extraction of 0,6L / 24H

except you say it wrongly

65W power x 24h time = 1560Wh energy

or an energy of 1,56kWh

1,56kWatts / 24h is nonsense that means nothing

you can say 1,56kWh consumed in 24h

therefore 1,56kWh / 24H = 65W of average power

instant?
the power is "Kilo / meter / second" in the international system

or absurd!
why not in seconds
0 x
"Let food be thy medicine and thy medicine be thy food" Hippocrates
"Everything has a price has no value" Nietzche
Torture for Dummies
Forbid to express the idea that the field is acceleration (magnetic and gravitational)
And you get your patent mental torture option executioner successfully
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 12/06/13, 23:28

before the watt we measured the power in Kg.m / s and the energy in kg.m

then we preferred Newton, and 1 Newton.metre / second = 1W

and the absurdity of W / h = Nm / sh becomes obvious with 2 time units behind the division

for energy there is not only Wh: there is also the watt.second which has the name of joule

we could have done without the name of watt and measure the power in joule / second, which would have been clearer: the power in J / s would look like a speed in m / s or a flow in m3 / s
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 12/06/13, 23:34

the power is "Kilo / meter / second"

I had not noticed that either: it is a multiplication between kg and meter: especially not a division

1 kg.m / s = 9,81 Nm / s = 9,81 W
0 x