Operation of the refrigerator if installed outdoors

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Did67

by Did67 » 27/02/10, 18:00

Effectively...

The greater the gap between the outside and the inside and:

- the more calories fit in the fridge

- the more difficult it will be for the CAP to take them out!
0 x
Korben Dallas
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Korben Dallas » 12/03/10, 22:31

Since my old freezer broke down, being 23 years old, I decided to replace it with a more energy efficient model.

NB: this appliance is installed in an unheated room (garage).

At Boulanger, the salesperson alerted us to the fact that the new refrigerators or freezers had much more limited temperature operating ranges than before because of the new heat transfer fluid). He said that it was ABSOLUTELY necessary that the temperature in which the freezer was located must be above 10 ° C. On the instructions for my "Fagor", the range even starts at 16 ° C even if it does not specify that there is a risk of damage in the event of lower temperatures.

I find it incredible that this kind of equipment that is supposed to make cold inside must be installed in a heated room, which therefore increases the temperature gradient between the inside and the outside of the machine, and therefore the consumption of energy...

Go figure: it is technology that goes against energy savings.
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 12/03/10, 22:39

The other day while looking for what the energy class for the refrigerator corresponded to, I learned that there is also another kind of class depending on the ambient temperature in which the device is supposed to operate (tropical, tempered, tempered extended, etc ... at least 5 or 6 different categories)
I don't remember where I saw it, but it must be able to be found.

No doubt that some devices are designed to work in the cold (but suddenly they must work less well in the hot) it is necessary to find the denomination of the category and to buy one like that (which will undoubtedly be more expensive than those of category held in stock)

EDIT: I just found it, it is simply on wikipedia by looking for refrigerator: fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/R%C3%A9frig%C3%A9rateur
0 x