Operation of the refrigerator if installed outdoors

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Laurec
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Operation of the refrigerator if installed outdoors

by Laurec » 26/02/10, 11:10

Hello,

I'm doing a study on energy savings and wondering:
if the refrigerator is installed outside (there is therefore no room temperature of 18 ° C) it is therefore subject to high temperatures in summer and low temperatures in winter
Could you explain to me what impact these temperatures have on the proper functioning of the refrigerator? Why it will increase electricity consumption and increase electricity bills

please
laure
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 26/02/10, 11:26

In winter it will be easier for him to keep a low temperature so he will consume less.
By cons in summer it will be the opposite, it will consume more because it will be warm and therefore will find it difficult to maintain the low temperature.
One solution would be to put it on a roller stand and take it out in the winter and then bring it in the summer.
Otherwise there is the solution to put it in the coolest room of the house, or in the cellar and be ready to do AR, but in general it is in the kitchen which is the hottest place.
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/02/10, 11:38

I had already asked myself the question ... not sure that the consumption is higher over a year ... if the sun does not hit it directly, the average outdoor temperature over the year is below 18-20 ° C Obviously and therefore consumption should be less ...

But a fridge outside is not too practical but above all ...

former oceanic wrote:In winter it will be easier for him to keep a low temperature so he will consume less.

... when it freezes outside? How does it happen? Is the fridge freezing? : Cheesy:

No, I'm serious ...
0 x
B.Nico
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by B.Nico » 26/02/10, 11:38

The ideal operating temperature range for the refrigerator depends on the climate class:

N (temperate) 16 ° C to 32 [1]
SN (extended temp) 10 ° C to 32
T (tropical) 18 ° C to 43
SN-T (extended tropical) 10 ° C to 43
NT (temperate to tropical) 16 ° C to 43
ST (subtropical) 18 ° C to 38
SN-ST (extended subtropical) 10 ° C to 38
N-ST (temperate to subtropical) 16 ° C to 38
If the temperature is high below the operating range the engine can stop and if the temperature is above it is observed ineffectiveness

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/R%C3%A9frig%C3%A9rateur

I do not know anything about these operating ranges, but a fridge works on the same principle as heat pumps, the best as said above is to place the refrigerator in a room at room temperature (cellar, garage) and avoid what you can observe in the studios: The small fridge under the hobs
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 26/02/10, 11:41

In winter, a shelf with a mosquito net will do the trick !!! Finally, it will require heating for products that fear frost. We come back to the plastic bag hanging from the window of university cities (of my time).

More seriously: in winter, the refrigerator is in fact an electric heater (so depending on the heating method, the savings will not be so great). On the one hand (inside), the heat pump "pumps" calories to maintain the cold. On the other (grid behind), it rejects the same number of calories + the equivalent of the electricity consumed.

Summer too, but it's less relevant!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/02/10, 11:50

Did67 wrote:Finally, it will require heating for products that fear frost.

Yes, this is THE problem ...

Did67 wrote:We come back to the plastic bag hanging from the window of university cities (of my time).

I also knew ... not as a student but when I passed in front of a child ...

Did67 wrote:On the other (grid behind), it rejects the same number of calories + the equivalent of the electricity consumed.

Yes and it is equivalent to a convector ...
0 x
boubka
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by boubka » 26/02/10, 12:26

Hello
mine is in the garage, and it's a fridge freezer with a thermostat in the fridge compartment.
as soon as the temperature dropped below 6 degrees I lost all the frozen food because it was thawed.
first impression: the fridge is broken :frown: , but under warranty :D .
I go to the store that sold it to me, I explain my bp and ... to my surprise they tell me it's normal.
we open the instructions and page n ° x in small it is indicated: "the device no longer works below +10 degrees"
and no question of taking it back because it is its normal operation : Evil:

in fact all frozen fridges (with a single compressor) equipped with a single thermostat in the fridge compartment behaves in this way.
once the fridge set point is reached (6 ° at my house) and if the outside temperature (in the fridge) is equal to or lower than the set point then the fridge will no longer turn and the freezer will thaw.
for more freezing in winter : Cry:
so be careful when buying because I am told nothing (one seller in two does not know) while I had specified that it was to put in an unheated garage.
the seller told me: "it's better, he will consume less" ....

basically he was right, since it doesn't work in winter

... when it freezes outside? How does it happen? Is the fridge freezing?

he yes if it freezes hard enough that is what happens, except that the food is not less than 18 and when it heats up they "defrost" and so on. not terrible and even quite dangerous for health. So unless you are in a favorable climate to avoid.
0 x
boubka
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by boubka » 26/02/10, 12:37

If the temperature is high below the operating range the engine may stop

well seen B nico this is what is happening with me ...
0 x
Laurec
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Laurec » 26/02/10, 13:17

thank you for all your answers, it enlightens me well on the operation of the refrigerator and the malfunctions caused if placed outside !!
0 x
B.Nico
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by B.Nico » 26/02/10, 13:53

I just wanted to give a little clarification regarding the consumption of the refrigerator (we discussed only the operating problems)

We define the energy efficiency of a heat pump according to its COP (performance coefficient). This defines the relationship between the electrical energy consumed and the thermal energy returned. You should know that it is influenced by the temperature difference between the environment where we capture calories and the one where we reject them (I do not remember the exact formula).

To simplify the schmilblik, if I say no stupidity the more there is a large temperature difference between the interior of the refrigerator and the ambient environment in which it is located, the more the pac will consume energy to maintain the set temperature.
0 x