Neon broken in my bathroom

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Neon broken in my bathroom

by Obamot » 05/12/22, 17:20

On re-reading, I finally understood ( : Mrgreen: ) even worse, I couldn't remember why I hadn't understood ( : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: )

When you're not in the business, you confuse your mind with false or useless things, when in fact it's not that hard.
That's why we like fo-fo... (Ah, no fact-checking this time, we breathe)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/12/22, 17:26

Inevitably it was too clear and net...you couldn't understand...not twisted enough for you as an answer! : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
1 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 05/12/22, 18:07

How did you find? :) (...still don't remember!)

Edit: ah if I had to zap “ballast and starter must be removed” (I must not have been fasting) : Mrgreen:

2F5747B3-6B8F-4331-9A8B-AD3ED524F01A.jpeg
If I drank beer for neon-nazi (HIPS) we would understand... : Oops: Which Izy do you take, of the 95% efficiency?
Ah no, you would have written “Hamburg...”
Last edited by Obamot the 05 / 12 / 22, 18: 21, 1 edited once.
1 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 05/12/22, 18:20

Indeed, so clear,
now
Thanks Google

https://www.ledkia.com/fr/content/41-ch ... n-tube-led
1 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 05/12/22, 18:34

LEDs last well, but what kills electronics is I turn it on, I turn it off, that's the problem.

In hyper, with a start in the morning, and stopped in the morning, it holds really well.

I have an LED, 2-3W, which stays on 24/24, (not cool), but I change it after 7-7 years.

The same, in a bedside lamp, does not last longer.

I'm not talking about Ali LEDs, some last very well, others don't last a year. Sometimes I buy ready-made "discs" for a change, but now they are getting quite expensive. Not yet analyze the component that slams, but it must be something less than 10 cts. I also suspect a lack of cooling.

https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/4000846551253.html
1 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 05/12/22, 19:57

Would it be possible to pass a very low intensity current, of one inch of a watt, so that the diodes are constantly supplied (without lighting up) in order to prolong their lifespan, avoiding too much big thermal shock on ignition? And would it be profitable/worthwhile? (powered during the day by a small solar panel)...

Or better yet, an ignition with a progressively higher voltage, to spare the material?

(to do it yourself)
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 06/12/22, 08:37

Obamot wrote:Would it be possible to pass a very low intensity current, of one inch of a watt, so that the diodes are constantly supplied (without lighting up) in order to prolong their lifespan, avoiding too much big thermal shock on ignition? And would it be profitable/worthwhile? (powered during the day by a small solar panel)...

Or better yet, an ignition with a progressively higher voltage, to spare the material?

(to do it yourself)

I had put low cost imitation candle led bulbs on the chandeliers in my living room (and some megaman bought on the econology store) ... In the middle of the night with the switch off we could still see the leds lighting up very weakly sometimes 5 or 6 hours later to have been extinguished... Told myself that there was a ghost or an ectoplasm or I don't know what was keeping them lit... Didn't look any further : Cheesy:
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 06/12/22, 09:39

If I turn off my USB charger (it has a control LED) the same, the LED continues to emit even when removed from the socket...
Could this be an in-circuit condo, which continues to deliver some juice?

Or in your case, your installation, tinkered with in one place, continues to have juice passing through the neutral once the switch has been triggered...? At the time in an office, I had a PC, which plugged in but turned off, sent you a little jolt when you touched the case (poor grounding... phase on the neutral or whatever).

Here also arises the question of network losses in a home. While many devices are 6V or 12V, why equip homes with 230V/250V everywhere, even and especially where it is not necessary?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/12/22, 10:00

Macro wrote:
Obamot wrote:Would it be possible to pass a very low intensity current, of one inch of a watt, so that the diodes are constantly supplied (without lighting up) in order to prolong their lifespan, avoiding too much big thermal shock on ignition? And would it be profitable/worthwhile? (powered during the day by a small solar panel)...

(to do it yourself)

I had put low cost imitation candle led bulbs on the chandeliers in my living room (and some megaman bought on the econology store) ... In the middle of the night with the switch off we could still see the leds lighting up very weakly sometimes 5 or 6 hours later to have been extinguished... Told myself that there was a ghost or an ectoplasm or I don't know what was keeping them lit... Didn't look any further : Cheesy:

Found that too, it is a priori a phenomenon of self-induction… I had made a subject of it…

Change the place of the leds and it should no longer (or no longer) do it…

You can read : self-construction-and-do-it-yourself/laying-armoured-sheaths-bioelectricity-and-wooden-house-t7263.html
1 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 06/12/22, 10:21

I even managed to turn them on by touching the dismantled bulbs... But the problem is solved, they have all been out of order for a long time...

Yes, it was probably due to self-induction phenomena...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...