Basic measurements of electromagnetic fields

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
georges100
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by georges100 » 06/06/08, 00:23

to see if it's the transformer, try with an old model of microwave ...
one gas

: Cheesy:
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 06/06/08, 10:44

Thank you Christophe for these very instructive tests, for the precautionary principle ...

I am bewildered, also for the microwave, and above all, 3 m on the side!

---

I would make 2 comments to you:

1- You use the term "neon", when you have to say "fluorescent"

Fluorescent lamps contain a mixture of argon and mercury vapor at low pressure and not necessarily neon as popular parlance would suggest.

2- Tests on the 3 Megaman strip lighted:
The first generation swings quite a bit. It is a fact.
The problem is when you test the second, more recent, it is less, and with the third, it is even less.
We are willing to take your word for it, but on video, the first lamp is always on.
It is normal that it still influences the tests of the second and a little less of the third.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/06/08, 10:49

For comments on the video please continue here: https://www.econologie.com/forums/pollution- ... t5463.html

Je so lock this topic if it doesn't bother anyone else i will spend my time rehearsing between the 2 subjects.

I agree with your 2 gegyx remarks but these tests are indicative before being precise (nature of the measuring device). And apparently they are enough to see that old fluorescent bulbs are worse than new ones while not being really dangerous compared to fluorescent tubes ...

In series 2 I will also test Sino-Chinese compact fluorescent bulbs (like the ikea).

When we heard the incompetent people of Crirem say that there was a danger at 3m with the fluorescent lamps ... and say nothing or almost nothing about the microwave, there is really reason to doubt their "goals" ...
0 x