How to run an electric motor faster?

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
nofy
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

How to run an electric motor faster?

by nofy » 11/04/06, 20:49

Good evening everyone,
It may be off topic, but I would like to know if someone can tell me if you can run a wiper motor faster, without putting it on 24 volts. Someone told me to reverse the polarities, but it turns it in the opposite direction, without gaining speed ...
Nofy (dream)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/04/06, 21:31

Head (1st S course ... in 1994)

Continuous motor: increase the voltage
Asynchronous reciprocating motor: increase the number of poles
Syncrhone AC motor: increase the frequency of the current

The electronics will answer you better than me but on google you should find some advice ...

But what is it for? Because it may be simpler to put a reduction, right?
0 x
MichelM
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by MichelM » 11/04/06, 22:31

Bonsoir
Indeed it would be necessary to increase the tension (not too much!). Otherwise for DC motors it is necessary to reduce the field of the inductor (this is why a series motor is racing without load because there is not a lot of current which passes through the inductor ex starter of car). There must also be the positioning of the brushes to optimize (but this is from memory without certainty). But a wiper motor is low-end and asked to turn slowly and have a little torque. If the inductor is a permanent magnet it will not be easy to reduce it ... Otherwise we find motors of reduced model (plane, auto) which rotate quickly ...
Michel
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 11/02/07, 23:59

Christophe wrote:Head (1st S course ... in 1994)
Asynchronous reciprocating motor: increase the number of poles

I would rather reduce, right? 1976 : Lol:
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

Re: How to make an electric motor run faster?

by Other » 12/02/07, 01:17

Hello

nofy wrote:Good evening everyone,
It may be off topic, but I would like to know if someone can tell me if you can run a wiper motor faster, without putting it on 24 volts. Someone told me to reverse the polarities, but it turns it in the opposite direction, without gaining speed ...
Nofy (dream)

If the rows are reversed, it turns the reverse, it's permanent magnet poles ...
If it is a recent car the inductor poles are permanent magnets, so can increase the speed, just increase the voting the limit is the maximum amperage that can withstand the winding, (normally if we increase the speed requires more effort from the wiper blades so more power.)
A DC motor is a DC generator, its speed of rotation corresponds exactly to the voltage it generates, that means that if you supply it with 15 volts it will turn to generate close to 15 volts.

Now as your question is general, it depends on the use you want to make of the motor and you should know if your motor is a shunt coil inductor, if it is enough just put a resistor in series on the shunt coil inductor to weaken the magnetic field.
But this way of doing things is only an accommodation that allows you to turn faster but the power of the motor decreases considerably because the torque of the motor is directly proportional to the inductive flux in a DC motor.
The speed limit is located at the resistance, at the centrifugal force of the rotor (more particularly the lines which join the collector)

Modern DC motor control method works with maximum excitation and brushes voltage control with SCR
For AC motors we feed them with DRIVE we give them a variable frequency and a voltage appropriate to the frequency (the Vot / Hertz)

For what is said post above, in simple cases an AC motor has 2 poles is the maximum speed is 3000 rpm for 50HZ and 3600 RPM for 60HZ. The more the poles are increased the slower it turns but the torque increases.

Andre
0 x