First lawnmower with Lithium-ion battery

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 14/07/09, 19:10

I also have this one
http://www.macdimo.ch/shop/index.php?ma ... rers_id=17

but this is a bad example, it is too complicated and the mechanism that moves the blade is not solid: it just keeps on falling apart
0 x
fthanron
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by fthanron » 14/07/09, 19:56

Thank you for your messages.

For the blow of not mowing, it doesn't bother me more than that.
Just to find some toys, set up the garden table, the chairs; barbecues and everything, it's more practical when the lawn is mowed!
0 x
Frederic
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/07/09, 21:02

Yes indeed ... but you have other solutions than transforming your lawn into a golf course ... for example, mow ONLY "functional" places and a few passageways and leave the rest "wild" ... c will we do one day at home when I'm motivated : Lol:

Otherwise you can put external "rugs" ... in "strategic" places ...
0 x
simseb
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by simseb » 15/07/09, 11:18

Otherwise, there is that, 100% manual, 100% ecological : Cheesy:

0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 15/07/09, 11:42

: Arrow: As said above the conditions of use of this device are very restrictive:
- Very well leveled terrain
- Dry lawn
- Lawn very well maintained and not too high
- MAXIMUM small lawn 100 to 200 m²
- Homogeneous lawn.
- Equipment very well maintained (lubricated)
- Operator in good (very good?) Physical condition
:?

Finally to return to an econological notion; it is advisable not to mow too close to limit dryness. Indeed, if the grass is tall enough, it keeps moisture, protects the earth from the sun's rays and limits the drying of the soil. Herbs are thus more resistant to heat.

A way of thinking against the current of "English lawns" equipped with integrated sprinklers "which are a real ecological and energy scandal. : Evil:

So the "ideal" device remains to be found. It could be the device above but fitted with larger wheels and tuned to mow higher stems that are a little stronger but less dense ...

Other element; to mow means to "slaughter" a phenomenal number of insects. This year, I picked up before my first mowing (grass at 30cm) some 2cm Gallic stick insects that my 6-year-old daughter raised to maturity (12cm) and that she has just released. There is no doubt that many are eaten each year by my mower ...
0 x
fthanron
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by fthanron » 15/07/09, 12:12

Simseb, I already have a helical mower like the one in the photo (Alko brand), however, since the garden is far from being as clean as a green, this device is really not very suitable.

Citro, for the side mows to ten centimeters, I'm ok, you're talking about inventing a new machine. When do you launch your first prototype? The production ? 8)

@+
0 x
Frederic
Did67

by Did67 » 15/07/09, 12:21

In another life, I had a Wolff electric mower with cable. We can do very well alone, just move away from the place where you plug in to not cut the wire.

For two, it's even simpler; there are some who make the horse and the other who holds the reins ...

It "purrs" pleasantly, does not smoke and cuts like any "helicopter" mower (however a little less powerful, so it "stalls" sometimes) ...

I think it still happens.

And for those who saw wood, I recently tried an electric chainsaw. Surprise (pleasant)! It works really well. Of course at home, to sell ... In the forest, it's harder to have a catch !!! In France, nuclear power is everywhere, but not yet in the forest !!!
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 15/07/09, 13:28

fthanron wrote:Citro, for the side mows to ten centimeters, I'm ok, you're talking about inventing a new machine. When do you launch your first prototype? The production ? 8)
Aaaah ... If the days were 120H ... : Cry:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/07/09, 13:58

simseb wrote:Otherwise, there is that, 100% manual, 100% ecological : Cheesy:

This is what we have, I spoke about it earlier in this subject:

https://www.econologie.com/forums/premiere-t ... 23-20.html

Here is our "eco-friendly" equipment:

Since then we added:

a) an electric border cutter (of 550W which I have already connected to solar hhihihi with inverter of 600W)
b) an electric flymo air cushion mower (too powerful for our solar)

We have a topic for the ecological maintenance of the garden here: https://www.econologie.com/forums/entretenir ... 56-10.html
0 x
fthanron
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by fthanron » 15/07/09, 15:05

Hi Christopher.

What is the machine in the background with an electrical outlet?

Regarding the Flymo on air cushion, does it turn correctly on a hilly terrain with little slope? How do you manage the cutting height?

Should I continue to post here or on the other thread Garden maintenance?

@+
0 x
Frederic

Back to "Electricity, electronics and computers: Hi-tech, Internet, DIY, lighting, materials, and new"