Consume less with PC

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
saveplanet
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by saveplanet » 06/12/06, 17:13

By the way, this morning I was thinking of the "damage" caused by the Christmas lights, I will look for the usage data finally
the consumption of these little loupiotes and ... it's scary!
So, do not forget that the Christmas spirit, it's also a bit that but it consumes fun so we think twice before decorating his home or leave permanently lit fir.
0 x
Together we can change the
nialabert
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by nialabert » 06/12/06, 22:27

saveplanet wrote:By the way, this morning I was thinking of the "damage" caused by the Christmas lights, I will look for the usage data finally
the consumption of these little loupiotes and ... it's scary!
So, do not forget that the Christmas spirit, it's also a bit that but it consumes fun so we think twice before decorating his home or leave permanently lit fir.

I agree that Christmas generates overconsumption, but I prefer that we save on air conditioning than on Christmas trees.
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 07/12/06, 09:17

nialabert wrote:I agree that Christmas generates overconsumption, but I prefer that we save on air conditioning than on Christmas trees.

Yes, finally, there is a happy medium.
Between some electric garlands on the fir tree that is lit between 16h30 and 20h30 (when the children are back from school and can enjoy) and what happens in the subdivision in front of me where 2 neighbors are doing the contest the one with the biggest EDF bill, there is a nuance.
They literally covered their (ugly) houses with garlands. There is even one who went so far as to climb on his roof to put garlands on the ridge and the edges of the roof. At night, we have a "wireframe" view of our house: there is a garland on each of the edges of the exterior volume. : Evil:
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
hug
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Re: Consume less with your PC

by hug » 11/12/06, 20:30

sylvain78 wrote:And then choose your options:
Monitor extension: After 2 minutes
Hard disk stops: After 10 minutes
Standby: Never
Hibernate: After 15 minutes

Hello Sylvain,
Thank you for this detailed explanation.
For the extension of the monitor, I understand the interest.
On the other hand, if the hard disk stops, I do not see the interest that the PC stays on. Can you explain to me ? What does the PC do if the hard drive is shut down?
:)
Hug '
0 x
nialabert
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by nialabert » 11/12/06, 20:58

hug wrote:
sylvain78 wrote:And then choose your options:
Monitor extension: After 2 minutes
Hard disk stops: After 10 minutes
Standby: Never
Hibernate: After 15 minutes

Hello Sylvain,
Thank you for this detailed explanation.
For the extension of the monitor, I understand the interest.
On the other hand, if the hard disk stops, I do not see the interest that the PC stays on. Can you explain to me ? What does the PC do if the hard drive is shut down?
:)
Hug '

Well nothing and yet the discs continue to turn 7200rmp ..
0 x
Researchers who seek are found, but researchers found it seeks.
hug
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by hug » 11/12/06, 22:50

nialabert wrote:Well nothing and yet the discs continue to turn 7200rmp ..

Ah OK.
Otherwise, you can also turn off your PC (like any device) when you are not using it.
For the monitor, it's easy to turn it off when the PC is running but you're not in front.
Why keep it simple
0 x
delnoram

by delnoram » 17/12/06, 00:11

nlc wrote:To save even more, use a laptop! The maximum power that it pulls on the sector corresponds to the maximum power that can discharge its power supply (plus some losses of course).

In the same sense, I have just purchased an "ASPIRE L100" PC with a reduced size 260x200x60 mm, which is powered by a 19V mains transformer.
His average conso 42W instead of the 125W of my current PC (screen, modem not included) suddenly I think seriously to use it as a PC everyday instead of the big greedy. : Cheesy:
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"
"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 17/12/06, 14:42

:? I come by chance to find this in Spanish and Esperanto:
http://www.danielclemente.com/consumo/

It's nice to see that our concerns are also shared in other countries. : Mrgreen:
0 x
Tiboshadow06
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Tiboshadow06 » 05/02/07, 11:08

You can also disconnect what is useless on your computer, a good example, the floppy drive, the more uses it, especially since the invention of the USB key, it will always save 5-10W!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/02/07, 11:17

Really? Does it consume a floppy drive when it is not running?

Interesting to know ...
0 x