booster DC / DC converter in parallel?

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
aromaze
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

booster DC / DC converter in parallel?

by aromaze » 05/11/08, 11:59

XNUMX-XNUMX-XNUMX!

I am currently thinking about a voltage booster converter model for a homemade wind turbine. : Idea:

I want to transform an input current 0-12V (0-10Amax) CC into output current 12-17V (0-10Amax) CC. 8)

I have currently found on the internet a product that is close to what I am looking for. unfortunately, the maximum input and output intensity is 3A. :|

My question is therefore the following, if I connect four booster converters parallel and the same model, each having a maximum intensity in and out of 3A, the whole form a converter DC / DC amplifier 12A max ? would the voltage at the input of the assembly remain the same on all the converters? and out? :?:

thank you to those who will have constructive answers !! :D : Cheesy:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/11/08, 12:37

If the outputs are connected to each other, yes I think it will balance ... but if a single pest you risk to peter 3 others ... the problem is that

What is the component that you want to use precisely?

Is the price of 4 cheaper than one more powerful considering:

a) risk
b) additional work (plate)
0 x
aromaze
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by aromaze » 05/11/08, 13:04

a response more than fast! It's awesome! : Mrgreen:

in fact, until now I have not found a single component that meets my needs.
That's why I try to solve my problem in another way.

the features of the component I found are:

12V to 24V DC-DC Power Converter Module

Entry: 3.5V - 40V DC 3A (for these input 3A I asked the seller)
Output: 65V DC, 3A
Control range: 5V - 55V variable output
Internal oscillator: 52kHz
Panel dimensions: 48 x 35mm
Weight: 34g

the estimated price is 25 euros piece. :!:

as you can see, this product limits me because of its maximum intensity in and out.
So according to you, if I put 4 components like this in parallel, I would get a "super-component" so the characteristics are the same except that the intensity is multiplied by four .... it is a good thing. :D

if anyone knows a product that could meet my needs, I am a buyer !, because 100euros for the "super-component" : Shock:
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 05/11/08, 13:31

Hello,
What did you use as a power generator on the wind turbine?
0 x
Obelix
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Obelix » 05/11/08, 14:02

Hello,

To raise from the continuous one TRACO address really strong and resistant.
For the intended application:
http://dsb.tracopower.com/upload/DSBUse ... p150wi.pdf

Pil hair in the requested range

Obelix
0 x
In medio stat virtus !!
aromaze
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by aromaze » 05/11/08, 14:35

this site and its forum are really up to scratch, there is nothing wrong! : Cheesy:

yes obelix, thank you for this link, I did not find this component.
Still, he does not yet fully meet my expectations.
:?
the input max intensity is not specified, but I imagine that it should be around 16.7A :?:

The problem lies in the fact that this booster converter does not accept voltages below 9v input :| . apart from this detail, that's exactly what I'm looking for!

However, if other users find the same component found in the Obelix link and who also accepts a voltage lower than 9v, it would be really great! : Mrgreen:

Of course, on my side, I continue to search !!
if I find, I post the link for those interested.

ps: jonule, my generator is a 24V 19.7A 350W motor type electric permanent magnet motor scooter.
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 05/11/08, 15:58

you can explain a little better the substance of the need.
by any chance, it would not be to supply 12V anyway when your wind turbine turns too softly and therefore provided that 6V or 8V ??
attention must be considered in terms of power because if behind the booster assembly we have a battery with say a current limiter at 5A, the battery "asks" therefore 5x12 = 60W
when the wind voltage drops to 6V, the current demanded by the voltage generator will increase to 60 / 6 = 10A and the wind turbine will stall.
it would be necessary for the load current limitation to follow the voltage drop to charge at variable power: that is to say when the wind voltage drops, the charging current should also drop.
0 x
Click my signature
aromaze
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by aromaze » 05/11/08, 17:41

ok dirk pitt, i will try to do my best.

Indeed, my goal is to charge 12V batteries from my home wind turbine, and yes, to charge when the wind turbine only produces 3 to 12V.

So I need a component (here it would be a booster voltage converter) that changes the current that comes from the wind turbine, 14V.

The generator produces an intensity of 3 / 4 of the voltage.
So when the wind turbine produces an intensity of 3A, then the voltage is 4V.

therefore, I will have this component that would give me a voltage of 14V ideally, and whatever the intensity, all this is sent through a regulator that manages the rest !.
we have: wind turbine / component-converter-booster / regulator / battery.

are you OK?

ps: dirk pitt, what do you think about pairing four 3A converters in parallel?
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 05/11/08, 21:14

Are not we tickling to make us laugh?
1) is this generator of the wind turbine really continuous, or is it a rectified alternator in hexaphase which gives pulsed continuous?
In this case, we could disconnect the diodes from the bridge and consider the use of a good old transformer.

2) Haro on DIY with converters 50 euros, there are excellent inverters for wind, equipped with a micro-processor whose job is to optimize the ratio of transformation, which is essential when the regimes upstream ( wind) and downstream (network) are changing all the time. And in addition they are guaranteed 5 years and have superior performance 90% and, icing on the cake, are approved for reinjection sector safely (for the workers who would eventually work on the network)
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 05/11/08, 21:57

the engine being a scooter engine has permanent magnets, it's really continuous.
no mircals possible. as I told you, if the voltage drops in light winds, there is less power available. to raise the tension by an electronic assembly will be useless if you do not lower by the same load current and that, only a regulating system has a microprocessor can do it in my opinion.
Anyway, it will not help much given the least power available.
do not buy a voltage booster component, these components are made to produce a voltage provided that the input current can be increased accordingly which is not the case of your wind turbine.
put a multiplication on the wind turbine to make it run faster.
some scooter motors have 4 brooms if the windings are in series, you can rewire them in // and you will have twice as much tension at equal speed.
0 x

Click my signature