Geoportal better than Google Maps!

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/01/11, 17:40

oiseautempete wrote:The resolution of the commercial satellites is of the order of the meter (one sees the cars, but without identifying them), in some cases the resolution rises to 50cm, but to 10cm one enters already in the military field ...

Uh the resolution of this capture of Paris from Google Maps seems more accurate than 50 cm:

By zooming we get an 15 20 pixels for a car of 2m wide: so we are about 10 cm / pixel ... cheat me?

There is clearly marked "satellite" in the caption ... but maybe it is aerial photos?
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 13/01/11, 18:01

Am I wrong where is geoportail limited to France?

For my part, I take my foot with www.bing.com/maps subtle mixture of aerial photos and satellite photos. We can almost recognize the cars of people we know.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/01/11, 18:04

You are not mistaken for aerial photos, power lines, hydrography ... it's limited to France.

But for the IGN and Cassini (and surely full of other layers), for example, there is Belgium ...
0 x
delnoram

by delnoram » 13/01/11, 18:52

The difference between geoportal and google earth, it should not have for the photos since this is what we see on google earth : Arrowd:

On the roads, I saw the same vehicles on the 2.
After, for updating photos, there may be a delay.
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"
"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
oiseautempete
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by oiseautempete » 13/01/11, 19:41

Christophe wrote:[Uh resolving the capture of Paris Google Maps seems clearer to me that 50 cm:

The highest resolution available on Google Earth or Geoportal is 15cm (not recognizable vehicles because too few detailed) but it is very limited in the areas ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/01/11, 09:13

Agree for the 15 cm / pixel, it sticks with what I counted. Yes it is in the big cities that we reach this.

Ok for the same image source for the 2 tools, but it still does not say if it's aerial or satellite ...

So Geoportail as Google Maps may be a mix:
- detailed cities in HD = photo
- campaign = satellite

By the way who has ever seen clouds over one or the other? Even Belgium is "clean", not normal ... : Cheesy: : Cheesy:
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 14/01/11, 09:17

Yes I have already seen clouds, but it is very very rare.
0 x
oiseautempete
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by oiseautempete » 14/01/11, 09:45

all the satellite photos are snapshots of assemblies, not necessarily facts simultannément: so one can quite easily combine images cloudless ...
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 14/01/11, 10:55

oiseautempete wrote:all the satellite photos are snapshots of assemblies, not necessarily facts simultannément: so one can quite easily combine images cloudless ...

Absolutely, and it's even sometimes blatant, especially from a distance. There are clearly areas where the photos were not taken in the same season
0 x
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Geoportail much better than Google Maps!

by Grelinette » 28/09/16, 10:06

Hello,

I make a little UP of this subject to inform you that the Geoportal site has been updated recently and its new version seems much better than the previous one, in terms of speed of display and quality of views ... and it's French! : Cheesy:

Geoportal: https://www.geoportail.gouv.fr/
0 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"

Back to "Electricity, electronics and computers: Hi-tech, Internet, DIY, lighting, materials, and new"