Purchases of solar panels in the United States?

Construction of natural or ecological habitat: plans, design, advice, expertise, materials, geobiology ... House, construction, heating, insulation: you have just received one or more quotes. Can't choose? State your problem here and we will advise you on the right choice! Help in reading DPE or environmental energy diagnostics. Help with the purchase or sale of real estate.
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 01/01/10, 13:18

You put two in series for 12V, no worries, it is even a preferable editing to put 2 12V batteries in parallel to double the capacity.

I am also interested in an address where to find these batteries (if it is in europe because the shipping costs from the USA are prohibitive)
0 x
Energie_Vair
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Energie_Vair » 01/01/10, 13:32

Exactly, the serial connection becomes essential, although we do not suggest to use the 12v, but to go through the 24v or even the 48v. But all in all, the serial connection is no more complicated than the parallel connection, even if you need less spinning ...

You can buy small quantities of batteries from EnergieVair, or, for larger quantities, go directly through our supplier: USBattery. Shipping by boat should not be very expensive, but to save these shipping costs, I suggest you find a local battery manufacturer in Europe.
0 x
* Dominic *
EnergieVair - Renewable energy promoters
http://www.energievair.com
darwenn
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by darwenn » 01/01/10, 13:48

it does not seem to run the streets 6v with these powers, I flew some research on google and even ebay, it's not easy to find. I have not seen either on your site.
0 x
Energie_Vair
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Energie_Vair » 01/01/10, 14:17

We have never had a supply problem, but maybe these batteries are more prevalent in North America than in Europe ...

We have not put batteries on our website, because we suggest our international customers to get them locally to save the cost of shipping and customs clearance. We do not make a profit with the batteries so ...

Shipping by boat to Europe, for an approximate 10 range of these batteries, can cost around $ 300. The total cost of a battery with shipping, taxes and customs clearance can reach about 190 $, about 135 EUR. I think it may be better to get them locally ...
0 x
* Dominic *

EnergieVair - Renewable energy promoters

http://www.energievair.com
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 05/01/10, 11:31

Hello,

I just had the code of the solar panels:

"854140 Photosensitive semiconductor devices, including photovoltaic cells whether or not assembled in modules or made up into panels; light-emitting diodes"

Customs duties from China are zero, to date.
http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/dds/cgi-bin/tarchap?Lang=FR

"Customs duty Date of simulation: 05/01/2010
TARIC code 8541400000
Country of origin / destination China - CN (720)
Description No restrictions
Import
Third country law: 0% Regulation / Decision
Ability to fly fare suspension: 0% Conditions "

So you only have to pay VAT beyond 150 € if I understood correctly.
http://www.douane.gouv.fr/page.asp?id=25

So no extras other than transportation to order directly China, and it is the transport from the port of arrival to the house which costs the most expensive!

For the moment, I found 1,65 $ / Wc is about 1,14 € / Wc today.

Is someone interested in a bulk order? The minimum order is 10, I am targeting 250W polycrystalline panels at 156Wc / m2.

This would put the panel 413 $ HT, 289 € HT to date, excluding transport.

At this price, an installation of 3000Wc uses 12 panels, which cost 4950 $ HT, 3436 € HT excluding transport. At 0,6 € / KWh, we are within 3 years of return on investment, this solar starts to be interesting. But you still have to ride it, it's work.
0 x
See you soon !
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/01/10, 12:15

If you want a really good price, you have to take by containers ... so (very) big quantity and therefore purchase grouped.

I'm approving the answer I just made here:
https://www.econologie.com/forums/post154287.html#154287

Christophe wrote:
bernardd wrote:How to organize a bulk order?

:)

Start by joining the association and we organize this as soon as possible! Group purchases are one of the goals stated in the statutes of the association! It remains to find motivated and responsible people to co-organize this!

https://www.econologie.com/forums/associatio ... t8916.html
0 x
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 05/01/10, 12:47

Christophe wrote:If you want a really good price, you have to take by containers ... so (very) big quantity and therefore purchase grouped.

The price I have indicated is for 10 panels: it starts to be not bad!

OK for the association, you can count me, miss more than a paperless payment ;-) that happens I know.

Concretely, there is already a beginning of process idea for a group purchase? Because the difficulty is the responsibility in case of problem ...
0 x
See you soon !
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/01/10, 12:54

Well it depends on which panel you speak exactly and their unit value.

No nothing is started.

Yes for the difficulty ... that's why we must start smoothly but with these quantities, unlike ebay or other, we never pay 100% to order ... so the risks are limited ...

One thing is sure: I will not take care of it alone!

In any purchase there is a risk ... even for a baguette!
0 x
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 05/01/10, 13:05

At the moment, I was aiming at 250W polycrystalline panels, with a power of 156Wc / m2, at 1,65 $ / Wc.

It takes 12 for the 3KWc of an individual.
0 x
See you soon !
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 05/01/10, 15:01

A group order? I guarantee nothing, but I might be.
Possible even without being a member of the association?
0 x

Go back to "Real estate and eco-construction: diagnostics, HQE, HPE, bioclimatism, natural habitat and climatic architecture"