Paris in the snow, snow, snow ...

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 19/12/10, 17:22

4 to 5% with 2m door and store 3m showcase high and 12m long !!
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 19/12/10, 17:23

Well, I just watched the video!

The Audi reacts normally because a 4x4 is not the best thing on the ice and I know something about having had 2. Now the mistake is to have braked hard by blocking the wheels to lose control of the steering, the ABS has done its job because below a certain speed it does not work anymore!

The guy hunting snow despite the blade could not stop because this blade is suspended and not directly related to the hydraulic cylinder and it is normal because it would pull the bitumen.

To finish visibly it was vehicle had no adequate tires except what seems to be a taxi that has fucked everyone up this slope but he probably had a 4x4!

We see the same pictures in the USA that are not equipped for these conditions of roads!

It's good fun anyway, except for those who are the victims! : Cheesy:
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 19/12/10, 17:36

Without equipment, with anticipation, and good reactions (release the brake) we do not make these idiots !!

The driver who comes out of his audi does not slip, proof that there was still some grip to use !!
But as soon as it slips, you must not make the slightest mistake to catch up, especially downhill!

I did not know that the ABS did not work at 2 5Km on time, essential on snow!
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 19/12/10, 17:50

dedeleco wrote:

I did not know that the ABS did not work at 2 5Km on time, essential on snow!

Not only it does not work but it is indispensable that it does not work, to have had 4 generations of this system, in addition we can now pump the brakes as formerly on my 2 last car equipped with this system, there is a slight delay on the entry into function of the ABS which makes it possible to pump the brakes for a shorter stop on the snow.

It's like all that improves but you still have to know how to use this new evolution and even more important that is to know what exists because it is not mentioned in the manual!
I had this evolution on my Dodge Dakota 2004 pickup truck and my Dodge Charger 2007!
0 x

Alain
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 19/12/10, 17:53

+ 1 dedelco

It is obvious that it is not icy!

The cars go up the slope, the Audi and the truck especially, slide very slowly, on ice, it would have gone down 5 x faster, I guarantee it, moreover, the driver would not even have tried to get down this rue, "the Swiss are crazy", but not stupid! And unlike others, they know how to drive in snowy conditions ...

I put myself in the place of the driver of the truck, he releases his brake-dedelco - and he corrects the trajectory, but he takes 5km / h more and he arrives down to 50km / h instead of folding sheet metal he kills 10 person and him with, let's be serious, we all know that you have to pump that's what the ABS does and much better than you and me, but there on this slope, even with my break equipped with snow tires and everything and all, I would not have dared to take this descent!

Miaouuu, I have the mustaches that curl! :P
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu
"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?
One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
Flytox

by Flytox » 19/12/10, 18:51

About the car that comes up, it is not significant of the adhesion of the other way. Depending on the traffic of one lane or the other the snow / ice has not formed necessarily the same.

For example last winter, we had a small snowy / snowy episode. In a small climb double track everyone was following conscientiously in the right lane. The speed was dangerously given by a semi-trailer that sculled up to 5 km / h.

I went on the left lane (to avoid an obstacle) and Ho! Surprisingly it skated practically more. I doubled at least 100 cars going up to 20 km / h. In fact it went very well on the matte white of the left lane, on the right side of the roadway the white was a glossy / glossy hair. Behind me, people followed and went on the left lane leaving the trailer to his scull : Mrgreen:
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/12/10, 18:57

Slope high or not (for me it is not weak ...) it is still funny that the taxi to the end that goes up the slope skates less than the snow plow ... : Cheesy:

Dedeleco: for me the slope is about (see capture of grelinette) 6.5 ° slope or 11.5% is nothing "weak" ...

ps: I have a tour of the garden, by places 80 cm : Cheesy:
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 19/12/10, 19:19

I approve!

The slope is respectable!

Hot shoes on ice it sticks well and we can not trust that!

Christophe

80 cm of snow!
You have more than me right now at 35cm on the ground, the heavy rain has greatly reduced the thickness and we missed the last storm!
0 x

Alain
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/12/10, 11:56

80 cm is in places (snowdrifts ...) otherwise it is closer to 40 / 50 cm.

Some pictures (south side garden):

5 december: 1eres falls then thaws hard enough:

I met a snail probably the bravest of the world:

How does it do to not freeze? : Shock: : Shock:

This morning 20 December:

The heaps near the house come from the roof snow that falls regularly or the clearing ...

It melted a little this night but it falls well ...
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 20/12/10, 12:15

The weather crashed on the cold start with certainty !!
And it is almost forty years since we had not seen snow for so long!
The Gulf Stream slowed ???
We are rather close to a solar minimum.
Article to read, it was much colder in the old days with huge changes !!
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 120605.htm
http://people.rses.anu.edu.au/roberts_a ... 202009.pdf

And our quantum world does not respect realism:
http://www.physorg.com/news/2010-11-phy ... alism.html
0 x