Greta facing the deputies

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Greta facing the deputies

by Grelinette » 25/09/19, 11:27

"When Greta shows the environmental disaster ... the idiot looks at Greta"
This is exactly the problem, and which we are discussing everywhere!

And we can even accentuate the proverb: "When Greta points out the culprits ... the idiots go after Greta"

We keep reminding that Jacques Chirac had made a metaphor in a speech ... from 2002, 17 years ago, already :
"Our house is burning and we are looking elsewhere".

At the time everyone had nodded and applauded ... a President is not a cheeky little teenager.

Finally nothing new under the human sun, and it is yet another beautiful illustration of another saying which dates from 2000 years (the Gospel according to Saint Luke which records the words of Christ): "Woe to him by whom the scandal arrives".

Wouldn't Greta be the new messiah of humanity? ...
0 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 25/09/19, 11:31

Not compare with Bernadette Soubirou anyway : Wink:

In the first case it is factual, in the second, smoking : Twisted:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/09/19, 11:45

a) Sorry Greli, but a Messiah uses compassion and does not insult and do not instigate others, a Messiah is not supported by a system ... So no Greta is not a Messiah ... and sorry to say it but I think that 'she uses more totalitarian methods than messianists (= evil is others ...)

b) The concern is that we are more in the hour of awareness ... but that of actions ... and quickly and well!

Greta is roughly 20 years behind ... but we can't blame her, 20 years ago she was not born! On the other hand, this site has existed since 2003, that is 16 years ... Well, isn't that the age of Greta? : Mrgreen:

And this site has always made the link between ecology and economy ... (or few people know what money really is ...)

c) The real concern is the reasoning of perpetual growth and profit seeking (Ahmed, and others, speak of "abstract value") of the human being (largely "sponsored" by the system) ... this " always more which makes (supposedly) happy "....

And in contrast to the "Greta model", which seeks rather to blame others (the big rich, decision-makers, polluters ...) and therefore to find the culprits (but no or few solutions), this reasoning of growth is all do it more or less strongly!

We are therefore strictly ALL guilty. And generally, the richer you are, the more you consume, the more guilty you are (there are rare exceptions)!

Otherwise there wouldn't be as many people working on Earth! : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

Save the planet it is above all less activity, MUCH MUCH less economic activity but that the "system" cannot tolerate it!

Save the planet
it is to be satisfied with what one has, to stop seeing happiness in consumption. This is what I have called consumption for a long time: I "worked well so I have the right to spend well" ...

Save the planet it is no longer buying the futile shit that the neighbor (even far away) has produced and that he no longer buys mine (the loop of consumerist happiness is complete ...). We can do the same reasoning with services ...

Save the planet, it is also is to put a large part of its capital in the eco and no longer in the ego. She is beautiful this one I copyright : Mrgreen:

Save the planetis to accept that less is better!

Save the planetis to accept happy sobriety! Or how to be satisfied with what you have without always drooling over your neighbor. One more thing to copyrighter : Mrgreen:

No no no! You see Greli ... the Messiah is me! : Mrgreen:

ps: I say "save the planet" but obviously it's a fashionable figure of speech ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/09/19, 13:04

Previous post edited, he was confused ... what is he still? : Mrgreen:
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 25/09/19, 13:49

Christophe wrote:Previous post edited, he was confused ... what is he still? : Mrgreen:

No, not confused but full of "common sense". Greta is touching and is not 20 but 40 years late and takes it in the face, which I (we) took in the face, at the end of the 70s. It is to say if "the others" have late!
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 25/09/19, 14:08

Christophe wrote:ps: I say "save the planet" but obviously it's a fashionable figure of speech ...
You are largely right, now "in action".
Words are still important:
1) This is the climate that must be saved, the planet will recover from our bullshit.
2) the insult for me is to compare Greta to the messiah, while her message is "listen to scientists", quite the opposite ...
Religion has been, since man is "man", to absolve all his faults towards the rest of the living world.
Today, if it does not want to disappear, is to give back its place to the rest of the living on which it depends for its survival ... : Twisted: the beliefs.

But OK ! I feel that instinct prevails and that we will not succeed :(
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 25/09/19, 14:20

Religion has been, since man is "man", to absolve all his faults towards the rest of the living world.
but where is he going to get it all? As ignorant of this subject as so many others.
Religions, and there have been a lot since man has been a man, have existed to bring the living (man or other) into harmony with this nature. Certain deviances, and there are everywhere not only in religion, can not replace the very foundations of faith in this absolute that we only touch, even and especially scientifically.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/09/19, 14:45

a) As a self-proclaimed Messiah (Houa !!! Houa !!!) I ask you to stop! : Mrgreen:

In other words: izentrop and janic, thank you for not deflecting this subject on religions ...

b) One of the current concerns, to make the transition, is that some immi $ c € nt the notion of belief in climate science...

It will be noted that this is one of the rare scientific fields where it is one speaks of "beliefs"! (except the brainless like the defenders of the flat earth or creationists ...)

Of the kind: "I do not believe to alarmist climate models "

"I do not believe that man is responsible for global warming "

There is the real danger! Usually they are the same ones who don't believe (or at least make believe that they don't believe) and stuff themselves with the "system" ... you said "strange coincidence" ...

c) It would take only a very small part of world GDP to move to renewable energies and a sustainable and sustainable eco-economy in a very very reasonable timeframe and thus reduce the risk of the worst climate scenario...or NOTHING is done or almost ... we continue to favor what brings the most without taking into account the future climate cost !!

No billionaire sets an example either ... Is his "economic power" worth more than climate stability and leaving an extremely positive image for future generations? Because, in the absence of the planet, it is good our "climate stability" that must be saved!

Give me 1 billion and I will change the world!

d) Reread the Fermi paradox: https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradoxe_de_Fermi

In the end, all of this may just be a big smoke ...
0 x
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 25/09/19, 15:25

Well, my poor Greta, it is not won! :(
Here, we blablate, we blablate, while you skip school to run the world and spread the word and challenge the powerful on their deleterious behaviors and their mistakes that propel us into the wall ...

Courage Greta.

Do like your counterpart: "Do not go for the righteous, but go for sinners". : Wink:
0 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/09/19, 15:30

Wait for us, we're still nice ... and look, I suggest solutions! If not THE solution ... : Cheesy:

Here's a nasty villain with Greta:

0 x

Back to "Climate Change: CO2, warming, greenhouse effect ..."