Generating electricity with a water wheel

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
esgege
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by esgege » 17/12/08, 19:50

I think on the contrary that there is a very good potential ...

Your wheel spins according to the speed of the river current, it will never spin faster!

You should know the torque of your wheel, do you have the possibility of stopping it by deflecting the flow of water passing under?

Could you take a picture of the mechanism, it can help to set up a measurement system.

Once the torque is known (force) we can find a solution, it is easier to transform a movement into heat than the reverse.

For the compressed air system, it deserves to be studied and improved in order to recover the mechanical force of the limiter.

Because even if Christophe says it's crap, (he does not specify why) it remains a cheap and relatively easy to implement.
Now, it all depends on your financial means and your ability to tinker.
0 x
Let us say and do well
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 17/12/08, 20:15

well no, your project is not at all impossible.
you therefore have a wheel over the water. we cannot calculate with the mass of water in buckets since this is not the case.
we must be able to estimate the force with the surface of the blades which are in contact with water.
0 x
Click my signature
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/12/08, 20:52

A photo would avoid various speculations, don't you think?
At worst a diagram ...
0 x
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 17/12/08, 21:25

For me, all this seems to me the dream windfall, as long as you provide our experienced technicians with the information requested, there is a famous subject of reflection and a sacred energy boon for you! (no, there are no puns with the wheel, hey, hey ...)

In any case, in the name of all, welcome to econology, land of friendship and mutual aid.

Please give us the info, greetings from Lietseu
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu
"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?
One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
raymon
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by raymon » 31/12/08, 05:30

I built a small hydraulic power plant 3 years ago with my little hands. It's a long adventure.
I will first say the paddle wheels have a poor performance, it is preferable to quickly achieve an interesting result for low head (less than 10m) to move towards a Kaplan turbine. I bought mine used on this site. It is also a very good source of information. Using a blade already installed can be interesting to reduce the investment. An asynchronous motor makes a very good generator.
http://www.moulinaeau.org/

We can also buy Vietnamese microturbines there.
http://www.zenit.fr/hydro.php
For my part I spent on self-construction and with help about 15000 euros.
Think about the use that you will make of your electricity for my part I did not make a contract with EDF because too complicated and restrictive. I throw excess electricity into the network !!!
0 x
Pierre17800
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Pierre17800 » 08/03/09, 09:25

Hello,
We must start by evaluating the power available on the waterfall. Two parameters must be noted: the height of fall and the flow.
From this theoretical power we look at the most suitable type of wheel which will give the real power available on the shaft. If the wheel exists, then you have to know what its type is:
Wheel supplied from above, wheel supplied from below, so-called "side wheel" supplied below the hub, etc.
Send pictures I'll tell you what the guy is.
Kind regards.
Pierre.
0 x
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 08/03/09, 14:49

Welcome Pierre 17800 and raymon :D

Thank you for the super clear raymon documents :D 8)
If you had useful documentation in your archives, please send it to us ....

With greetings from the craziest econology cat :P
Last edited by Lietseu the 08 / 03 / 09, 15: 23, 2 edited once.
0 x

"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?

One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/03/09, 15:02

Pierre17800 wrote:Hello,
We must start by evaluating the power available on the waterfall. Two parameters must be noted: the height of fall and the flow.

Here is a calculator for this: https://www.econologie.com/calculer-la-p ... -4035.html
0 x
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 08/03/09, 16:17

Thank you Christophe, have you seen the small table offered by the link that raymon indicated to us: http://www.moulinaeau.org/

I'm more interested in wind power stuff, but to say that not everyone is lucky enough to have a laugh (ru, cat pee, little stream) behind their home :D

Thank you all again for your super interesting info!
0 x