[Abuse] Limit the duration to edit his messages

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/04/12, 20:59

gegyx wrote:Also, like Chatelot, we can have a post-reflection which leads to come back to correct an error or imprecision.
Also come and add correct links related to the message.
That's my opinion.

No longer allow correction, will tilt all of the forumdie, make passionate messages and not necessarily constructed.

We are moving towards a lower editorial quality.

Nothing prevents self-quoting your own message to provide these details right?

Furthermore correcting a message a long time after doesn't actually make much sense on a forum: the participants of a subject read and above all respond "live" !! Which participant (except the author) will go back to check if a post has been modified ???

Allow long-term correction on a forum: it's a bit like saying that in a televised debate, you could change the answers to questions already recorded and vice versa ...

It does not make sense... :?: : Idea:

Regarding "small errors or modifications" as I said above: it will be necessary to be more careful!
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 06/04/12, 22:27

In this forum, a simple example which asks to indicate the reason for a modification of post:

http://www.atoute.org/n/forum/showpost. ... ostcount=2
0 x
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

copy paste

by oli 80 » 06/04/12, 22:29

Good evening, I know that it has nothing to do directly, with the subject but it would also be necessary to prevent copying and pasting private messages, in discussion subjects

here it has not happened yet, but I have already seen it on others forums, where people were having fun copying and pasting messages they received and slipping them into discussion topics in the forum, so it can cause discord too

I don't think anyone has done that here before, at least not to my knowledge in fact there are already forums which made sure that if you want to copy paste, by right clicking the copy option is inactive
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 06/04/12, 22:30

Moreover, correcting a message a long time later does not actually make much sense on a forum: the participants of a subject read and above all respond "live" !! Which participant (except the author) will go back to check if a post has been modified ???

So, you consider a topic to be like a broken conversation. With what that implies in spontaneity, passion and pretty much ...
I thought until then that a topic was constructed so that other interested people could read it later.
Solid files with different opinions for each subject.

If this way of chatting is to be the norm now in this forum, why not also make the previous page volatile, since everything is "light"? Why would we keep in writing, the light sidewalk conversations of the day before?
No interest.

About the limited time for editing a message, I think an hour is a bit insufficient,
and one day the very upper limit.

But in all this, I come with arguments from a person who wishes to do well, whereas we currently want to counter the excesses of some invasive behemoths ....

I thought there was a host of moderators responsible for parts of this forum. It's still their job to prevent this kind of overflow!

- Lines written in bold or in large => to the hatch + warning.

- "Trollism", recurring messages => idem

- Insulting attacks => deleted messages + big warning or more.

-etc ..
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: copy paste

by gegyx » 06/04/12, 22:49

oli 80 wrote:here it has not happened yet, but I have already seen it on others forums, where people were having fun copying and pasting messages they received and slipping them into discussion topics in the forum, so it can cause discord too

I don't think anyone has done that here before, at least not to my knowledge in fact there are already forums which made sure that if you want to copy paste, by right clicking the copy option is inactive

It has already happened, and on request the messages are deleted (+ hard warning).
Add this point to the Charter, if this is not done and then sanction.

Disabling copy and paste of personal messages would prevent the person receiving the message from saving it to a Word file on their computer.

This is what I do when my box is almost full.
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 06/04/12, 23:07

Damn then, for one or two exceptions, we should change everything forum?

In the name of what? From the right to dispute? Be serious!

Ce forum does it do anything other than contest the validity of the current theoretical model?

I wonder about the impact of all this turmoil on attendance? : roll: : Shock:

And even more interesting: on the real motives of those who are the cause?!
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 06/04/12, 23:08

Does that also impact the preview of messages before they are posted. :?:
I regularly preview my messages several times before posting them permanently.

Sometimes I lose my messages before I post them for good ...
As I make responses with quotes and formatting a little elaborate for readability ...
: Cry:

Being naturally absent-minded coupled with a bit of spelling mania, I also sometimes repeat a message that has already been posted. In general I remember if too many answers were added ...
:?
0 x
highfly-addict
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by highfly-addict » 07/04/12, 00:15

100% agree with this measurement.
Thank you Aerial and Christophe!

Even if I understand that the editorial quality can be affected.
In any case, this will constrain some : roll: : roll: to turn their fingers seven times before attacking the keyboard ... and that's not a shame!
0 x
"God laughs at those who deplore the effects of which they cherish the causes" BOSSUET
"We see what we believes"Dennis MEADOWS
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 07/04/12, 01:01

highflyaddict wrote:In any case, this will constrain some : roll: : roll: to turn their fingers seven times before attacking the keyboard ... and that's not a shame!

completely agree!

writing anything and being able to delete afterwards is not correct
0 x
highfly-addict
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by highfly-addict » 07/04/12, 01:39

chatelot16 wrote:...

writing anything and being able to delete afterwards is not correct

Exactly! Or even ... downright dishonest!
0 x
"God laughs at those who deplore the effects of which they cherish the causes" BOSSUET

"We see what we believes"Dennis MEADOWS

Go back to "The bistro: site life, leisure and relaxation, humor and conviviality and Classifieds"