[Abuse] Limit the duration to edit his messages

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/04/12, 18:26

I found the perfect plug-in for both of you: "Ignore Him"

It would make invisible the messages of certain chosen members ...

Otherwise we can also do it "in your head" and avoid reacting to all the reminders ... : roll: : roll:

qED
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/04/12, 18:31

From https://www.econologie.com/forums/post229859.html#229859 :

chatelot16 wrote:just a limit: when I see an error to be corrected it is often the next day, so that the limit is 15mn or 1heure does not change anything

the good limit is to prevent the complete change of bad faith

used to leave a visible trace of the corection that I saw on machining. com works only thanks to the good will of the members

i will try to find if there is not a practical solution in phpbb to make corrections automatically visible

on futura science the edition is limited to 5minute: it is completely useless ... when one wants to avoid letting slip an error, even corrected by another message later, it is necessary to ask a moderator to do it ... a little heavy

Good remark, and how do we do it? You say it yourself: it works with the goodwill of the members ....

It's also called netiquette ... that each member of a forum should respect ...

So how do you do it?
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 06/04/12, 18:49

how to do i don't know anything yet ... i'm going to rummage through PHPBB to see if there is not a possibility

it is sure that while at least finding this decision better is the best way to avoid the bad faith crisis that falls on us

this issue on editing is important because I intend to set up a forum as a communication tool in a company: it will be as essential to prohibit bad faith as to allow corection

I got the wrong subject for the previous answer: thank you for copying it here
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 06/04/12, 18:59

[Joke mode "ON"]
Christophe wrote:I found the perfect plug-in for both of you: "Ignore Him"

It would make invisible the messages of certain chosen members ...

Otherwise we can also do it "in your head" and avoid reacting to all the reminders ... : roll: : roll:

qED

Tsss, I do what I want. : Mrgreen: If I want to hit on Dedeleco, it's my right : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: I don't need a function for that ... There are many times when it is advisable to ignore the remarks of certain people, who provoke you while thinking of doing it at your expense. It happens often doesn't it?

If I take the trouble to answer someone, it is because I find an interest there above all for my interlocutor (and not to flatter my ego or because I am gay, eh ...) : Mrgreen:
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 06/04/12, 19:06

Christophe wrote:From https://www.econologie.com/forums/post229859.html#229859 :

chatelot16 wrote:just a limit: when I see an error to be corrected it is often the next day, so that the limit is 15mn or 1heure does not change anything

used to leave a visible trace of the corection that I saw on machining. com works only thanks to the good will of the members

i will try to find if there is not a practical solution in phpbb to make corrections automatically visible

on futura science the edition is limited to 5minute: it is completely useless ... when one wants to avoid letting slip an error, even corrected by another message later, it is necessary to ask a moderator to do it ... a little heavy

Good remark, and how do we do it? You say it yourself: it works with the goodwill of the members ....

It's also called netiquette ... that each member of a forum should respect ...

So how do you do it?

Well it's simple, it would suffice to request access to the history of modifications (as on wikipedia in "discussions", but that cannot be deleted ...)

So we could have seen if Dedeleco had falsified statements (or not).
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 06/04/12, 19:47

I am not at all in favor of a short-term limitation to correct his messages.

For my part, I try to take care of the spelling and the expressions.
And when proofreading there is always some retouching to be done.

I see that this is not the fundamental problem of many ...

And the quality of reading is affected.

My concern is that I sometimes leave a message before leaving for another urgent task, and that I see my errors only when I return to the forum.

I have already found that just one hour is not enough.

Also, like Chatelot, we can have a post-reflection which leads to come back to correct an error or imprecision.
Also come and add correct links related to the message.
That's my opinion.

No longer allow correction, will tilt all of the forumdie, make passionate messages and not necessarily constructed.

We are moving towards a lower editorial quality.
0 x
nlc
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by nlc » 06/04/12, 19:52

Finally, but why look complicated when you can make it simple !? Those who abuse are moderate, or banned for a few days, period! If I take the example of dedeleco, bad faith and corrections is peanuts compared to the heaviness of the messages, the copied pasted without analysis, the assertions without arguments, the non reading of the arguments of others who contradict his certainties, the off permanent subjects (we don't care that he drives at an average speed of 35 km / h uphill without getting tired on the subject of a guy who explains that he abandons his car in the profile of an electric bike). Excluding permanent subjects which return like a boomerang on other subjects when the original subject is locked. In short, this forum leaves in a lollipop because of an ultra heavy guy. Even if it brings can be positive, for me the negative prevails hands down, there is only to see all the current subjects which turn only around him !!!

Edit: spelling correction : Mrgreen:
Last edited by nlc the 06 / 04 / 12, 20: 04, 2 edited once.
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 06/04/12, 19:52

+1

Fully agree.

In the priorities, this point takes precedence, because it comes from the best interest of the reader, and from the good readability of the forum...

I therefore change my point of view: by declaring myself resolutely AGAINST the limitation. But maintain that it would be better to indicate the reason (in this case it would be simple, it would be enough to put "French correction", if acceptable for Gegyx)
0 x
econololo
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by econololo » 06/04/12, 20:02

Obamot, in your place, I wouldn't type Dedeleco too much because he modified a post.
No one is faultless from this point of view ...

This rule is a good thing : Idea:
+1
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 06/04/12, 20:39

I fully agree with Gegyx...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."

Go back to "The bistro: site life, leisure and relaxation, humor and conviviality and Classifieds"