Reviews of the book Biogas - practical manual

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: book review Biogas - practical manual

by chatelot16 » 01/03/16, 19:23

who can do it the least! a tank that supports 200bar methane must support 15 bar LPG

but there are other differences: the methane regulator only relaxes already gaseous gas: there is no need for heating, even if the exhausted methane comes out very cold it is gas good for the engine. .. with the LPG which is liquid in the tank it is essential to heat the regulator to vaporize and to make the gas ... without heating a simple regulator only runs a few minutes with the LPG before drowning the engine with liquid lpg, which vaporizes later once out of the regulator, and good to explode everything

Another difference between gpl and methane, the chemical aggressivity: the methane is not aggressive: ordinary rubber seal ... gpl more aggressive, requires joints having the same chemical resistance as for gasoline ... so big risk that the diaphragm of a methane regulator is destroyed by lpg
0 x
mandrieu
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by mandrieu » 01/03/16, 20:36

Well the initial subject was a request for an opinion on a book! So I ordered and received the book and really not bad!
The guy, reconverted engineer farmer is almost energy autonomy, no edf among others. He designed a scrubber to turn his biogas into methane and rolls with a volkswagen caddy in his crate. There are all the production plans from the methanizer (2 concrete tanks from 30m3) to compression in the car. He uses a diving compressor for this. He wrote this book for the purpose of self-construction.
He also talks about transformations of a diesel tractor into diesel + biogas. And a whole lot of applications to use biogas.
If anyone wants more info, ask for it.
0 x
mandrieu
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by mandrieu » 01/03/16, 20:48

oh yes and the link to know what I'm talking about:
http://www.amazon.fr/Le-Biogaz-pratique ... 2359810499
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 01/03/16, 21:11

There are funny at Amazon, the used book much more expensive than new ...
0 x
val42
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by val42 » 02/03/16, 21:56

Hello,

I am also looking for an opinion on this book, a friend in the south west following formations with jp valla and it seems interesting but apparently it is only for farmers ...
he must retrieve a book but in the meantime, I wanted to know if it seems credible to be able to have his refinery at home;) to go to the pump is dreaming and be arrived with little means seems almost hard to believe. the friend said that for less than 10000 euros (yes c much but c cheaper than a petroleum refinery) in short with 10000 he had built the 2 30m3 methanizers, the purifier to have pure methane from the biogas and the 200 compressor bars to fill his car.
my question is: does it seem credible and especially understandable when you're not bac + 12?
thank you mandrieu to tell me that!
0 x
mandrieu
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by mandrieu » 02/03/16, 22:15

Hello
I don't really know your level but the book wants to be accessible to all. For example in the calculation of its purifier it proposes the theory but at the end it proposes a simple approximation for all. While discussing it around me, the guy is very militant for self-construction and he is part of the peasant workshop (it is a kind of cooperative of self-builders rather in the agricultural field. He had offered a whole part of the book free of charge. It was called "how to ride with poo". The book is a bit like this title very straightforward and we feel that it is real life. In my opinion for 18euros you really risk nothing and if you do what it is has paid off your purchase well ...
I hope that it will answer a little to your questions!
0 x
val42
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by val42 » 03/03/16, 21:16

ok thank you I'm going to commend it.
in fact I had seen this doc rolling with poo ...
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 04/03/16, 22:41

Christophe wrote:Although there is gas consumption it was just to say that the compression does not take a lot of energy or money: 0.45 € 100km 3kWh this is reasonable ......

Hmmm ... if we take it back to the taxed gasoline, it's the same price ... (10 kWh for 1,5 €)
It seems to me that there was a differential taxation in the case of small compressors (surcharged road gas), so inevitably the users did not appreciate ... differential taxation that escapes (for the moment) to electric vehicles (so much better ...for them)

If the electricity was taxed, 100 km electric would be at the price of 100 km to gasoline ...

Currently, a full electricity 20 kWh returns to 2,40 €, if taxed to 200% as gasoline, 7,20 €

And the equivalent of 6 to 7L of diesel to 1,2 €: 8 € [but the price of zero-rated gas oil must be of the order of 40 cts € / L]
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/03/16, 11:08

Remundo wrote:Hmmm ... if we take it back to the taxed gasoline, it's the same price ... (10 kWh for 1,5 €)

Hmmm ... I do not quite understand your remark: do you mean that the electrical cost of the compression phase represents 1 / 3 of L of taxed gasoline?

Remundo wrote:If the electricity was taxed, 100 km electric would be at the price of 100 km to gasoline ...

Currently, a full electricity 20 kWh returns to 2,40 €, if taxed to 200% as gasoline, 7,20 €

And the equivalent of 6 to 7L of diesel to 1,2 €: 8 € [but the price of zero-rated gas oil must be of the order of 40 cts € / L]

Absolutely: this is what we have been saying for "always" about econology and that some purists of the electric car do not want to hear ... or voluntarily not understand!

Now it is still easier to produce green electricity at home (photovoltaic charging station) than biofuel ...
1 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/03/16, 11:14

val42 wrote:It's almost hard to believe that going to the pump is a dream, and being there with few means. the friend said that for less than 10000 euros (yes c much but c cheaper than a petroleum refinery) in short with 10000 he had built the 2 30m3 methanizers, the purifier to have pure methane from the biogas and the 200 compressor bars to fill his car.
my question is: does it seem credible and especially understandable when you're not bac + 12?

I think it's credible if we do a lot, even though I think it's not the biogas station that is the most problematic when we want to make biogas: what we have to make sure is to be able to provide inputs! That is to say in methanizable matter of fairly constant quality so that once the bacteriological process launched it is not upset with each refill!

Here is a listing of different topics possible: energies-renewable / biogas-methanization-and-power-methanogenic-t2338.html

Grass is a quality material if you want to make biogas!

Here is what I wrote in 2006:

Whatever the order of magnitude is: Depending on the material, between 10 and 20Kg material must be used to make the equivalent of one L of fuel oil under optimum yield conditions (bacteriology and ideal T ° conditions, agitation, ph ... etc). We quickly understand that this is not the solution that will replace the annual 2000L of a house ... unless you have 20 40 tons of biomethanisable material so a VERY large garden or a farmer friend ...

You read correctly: you need between 10 and 20 kg of material to obtain the equivalent of 1 L of fuel (figures for an industrial installation)
2 x