Making the diester or biodiesel: Recipe

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
zac
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by zac » 22/03/07, 21:27

Hello

It also works with super 95 or white spirit.
for soap when you get triglycerides and soda with talc and it's all sweet; with sawdust it's a great shop soap.
for the scented soap see the oreal or put some drops of essential oil.

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
ludyc
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by ludyc » 22/03/07, 22:14

thank you very much I will try the experience
ludyc
0 x
there are three types of knowledge:
the ones we know,
those we know we do not know and
those we do not know we do not know.
VACHERIN
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

a gas plant ...

by VACHERIN » 16/05/08, 09:05

: Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

Hello,

it is possible to manufacture its fuel? the buzzword is refinery ...... thanks for all the info.
greetings
0 x
martien007
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Re: a gas plant ...

by martien007 » 16/05/08, 10:14

VACHERIN wrote:: Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

Hello,

it is possible to manufacture its fuel? the buzzword is refinery ...... thanks for all the info.
greetings

You can tell us STP websites.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/05/08, 12:47

0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 16/05/08, 13:10

Christophe, indeed, is the transesterification explained at the beginning of the subject.

I found that too: https://www.econologie.com/methode-de-fa ... -3819.html

We can even do it in TP with motivated teachers as part of the lesson on esters ...

Be careful though, all this is dangerous: handling of alcohol, so flammable vapor, and especially the use of soda + alcohol which gives sodium methoxide hyperbasic (worse than pure soda). : Shock:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/05/08, 16:05

Very good synthetic doc Remundo, I put in the downloads 8)
0 x
Sim's
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Sim's » 24/12/09, 22:15

Good evening
I started tonight:
soda crystals st marc 8 grams
alcohol to burn 90 ° 220ml
two liters of sunflower oil (to see, waiting for the fried recup)
I put the soda crystals in a "tup" graduated with the alcohol to burn. I mixed, but apparently the soda takes lead to dissolve. I tried by heating to 30 or 40 ° in the bath married, and then finally out of hope (after 20 minutes of stirring anyway) I poured the mixture into the oil already at 50 ° (measured with a sterilizer thermometer for family canned food)
at the start of this last mixture, everything is "inelangible" with the alcohol to be burnt on the surface, the oil in the middle, the soda crystals at the bottom. then I stirred, stirred, stirred. at the end of a hour, keeping the temperature, it was completely homogeneous. (well I do not start again before having tinkered with an electric mixer ...!) For the moment, the difference in fluidity is not obvious compared to the crude oil. I'm going to keep the temperature at 50 ° until tomorrow morning. we'll see. I hope it's not more complicated than that, because I'm really relying on EM (or E) HV to power my diesel generator without having to modify it.
Tomorrow I will make a test centrifugeationnement with a bottle of Sparkling drink after a string of three or four meters (Thierry la Fronde way!) history check that there is much presence of glycerin and good old settling a week, boiling of remaining alcohol at 70 ° (celsius) and ...
if it is convincing, it will be tested in my father's old Massey Ferguson tractor (about twenty Methuselah horses), before going in the much more "fragile" diesel engine of my group (which is ordered but not arrived)
no need to prescise the basic precautions that I took during this test: not pour the methoxide in oil has more than 50 ° (otherwise it must boil the alcohol, with projections ...) local very aerated, monitoring the temperature plus the protections gloves, glasses. If I forget, do not hesitate to call him on another post. It is dangerous a manipulation like this.
0 x
It is for intellectuals, and all human beings, to get up, to write, to speak, to act at every failure to proclaim that the world that we design for our children does not deserve that other word: unacceptable , false, absurd, false and artificial, counterfeit and adulterated, fake, hypocritical, and frankly monstrueux.comme this site, a snub to place a pub max.
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 24/12/09, 23:56

you need caustic soda = sodium hydroxide = soda lye:

soda crystals it is an old commercial name which means sodium carbonate: it does not work for transesterification

if you have to buy soda and methanol at a high price I find that it loses all the interest of the oil

methanol energy is found in glycerin: if a fixed elctrogene group could burn glycerin it would be a way to recover

but more seriously I think it's better to have a car with a good diesel that accepts crude oil

It happened to me to be dry with a r25diesel and to put in pure sunflower oil: it worked but it was a roto diesel pump and it seems that it is like pump does not suporte not oil and breaks so I did not extend the test: when this car will resume service I prefer to put a pump bosch than to diester
0 x
Sim's
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Sim's » 25/12/09, 00:02

Argh !!! thin then !!!
can I make up for it by putting in some soda lye? Or is the mixture risky?
I have soda lye at 30,5%, the remaining 70% is water, how do we concentrate it?
thank you chatelot for this info !!! I understand better why the crystals did not melt ...
0 x
It is for intellectuals, and all human beings, to get up, to write, to speak, to act at every failure to proclaim that the world that we design for our children does not deserve that other word: unacceptable , false, absurd, false and artificial, counterfeit and adulterated, fake, hypocritical, and frankly monstrueux.comme this site, a snub to place a pub max.