Help to filter vegetable oil

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
henry
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Why pump or run can break

by henry » 14/11/08, 10:43

Here is an explanation of why the injection pump shaft may be broken, when an electric heater is not really effective.

This is an extract from the 2B1T warming document, made from studies on 130 tractors and a thesis.

1.1. What happens in your pump when you start with a more viscous fuel?
The injection pump is composed of pistons or rotors that compress the fuel before injecting it into the combustion chamber. When compressing a more viscous fuel, the pistons or rotors experience greater stress when shearing and compressing the fuel.

But these shear / compression phenomena cause a heating of the metal. The rotors or pistons being less bulky than the stator (body of the pump), they heat up faster and expand, thus reducing the operating clearance between these two parts.

The more viscous the fluid, the greater the shear / compression forces, the more the rotors or pistons will expand and may become stuck in the stator.

Power dissipated in W
Gasole 0.06
104 Sunflower Oil

This table shows a big difference in terms of energy dissipation. These very explicit figures show the importance of using a heating device

We observe that in the case of use of unheated sunflower oil, there is a risk of overheating such that after about a minute, the game can become zero and the rotor get stuck in the stator, breaking instantly the pump shaft injection. :!:

The green curve shows that if we preheat the oil before entering the pump, the minimum clearance is higher, and the risk of jamming is reduced.
We deduce from this study, that it will warm our oil before entering the pump, to reduce the risk of breakage.

Compare at the price of an injection pump, the heater 2B1T, with a price of about 150 E, seems to me to be a very reasonable investment.
: Mrgreen:
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 14/11/08, 10:47

In this connection, they insist especially on the PI which blocks and consequently causes the rupture of the belt.
They also talk about bosch that can break.
http://www.oliomobile.org/forum/viewsujet.php?t=8581
By the way, there is a good additive for human, his name: thémestat
It avoids heart racing, it makes cool; there is also another green system, the Leffe, made in Belgium; available in all serious mini markets
: Cheesy:
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
henry
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Answer to André

by henry » 14/11/08, 11:03

Hello André and the others

it would be good to think about building a centrifuge
(Forced decantation)
Although a good long settling is very effective
the idea is to have oil in stock a year in advance
the problem of dehumidified (boiled) oil left standing in a tank tends to absorb moisture

Long decantation can improve the quality of a used oil, but a large number of particles visible only through a microscope or by forced precipitation will remain (visible with small samples in the refrigerator and at room temperature).
An effective solution that is easy to implement, seems to me to be the use of a gear pump driven by an electric motor.
For the filtration part a filter holder for water is sufficient.

To limit moisture recovery, the easiest way is to store the oil in completely full cans. And if possible opaque to limit the development of bacteria.
If there is still water and you use an electric pump, you will quickly produce an emulsion (mayonnaise).

A centrifugal pump can give a good result, but this material is expensive. Cleanable metal filters can also be used without disassembly.

Good filtration.
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 14/11/08, 11:22

no but it is sure, start with cold oil in the middle of the winter is a little weak, I too I use an electric heater:
see here :
http://www.nrjrealiste.fr/oil/rechauff.html
for those who want to build it themselves.

BUT it is only the case of 100% cold oil injection on indirect injection with Bosch pump!
because with a bi-tank kit we start on diesel, so no worries for the pump, then shortly after the pump is hot, then the engine must warm the oil cabrurant with the coolant.

OK I must say that your electric heater is well done!
usually on the net is 200 € (mecaoil), others on ebay I do not know.
150 € it's with switch cables, relay?

I also saw that you recommend it for oil boilers ... in short for everything! ...................

also: it is you who manufactures it and proposes it distributes sells?

it seems to me because:
It can not be said that driving without an electric heater leads to the breaking of the timing belt, beware the friend is abusing, there!

For your link in the middle, I'm sorry but this 2006 post does not prove anything, tazar did not do wrong with cold palm oil I remember and he put the photos.
the bosch is unbreakable unless it is already rusted (he had mounted it from a car scrapyard, it had remained "dry" therefore not lubricated and rusted, then with palm oil, it is obvious).
for the lucas: "No risk.

The Lucas DPC are designed so that they do not block the distribution in case of breakage, because the drive shaft is weakened in one place: it is hollow and has a throat (it is thinner) and it is always there it breaks ... the breakage of the tree is planned IN THE DESIGN of the pump to preserve the distribution.

Since the time that we rehearse that ... ".

so stop telling bullshit or give a valid link.
if at worst 2 Pi have broken since 2006 in iviltifible conidtions, it remains negligible compared to PIs that break with diesel ...

it's funny to read the signature of riccolio, he had left the forum well after me but a little for the same reasons, which I knew yet at the time:
"I leave the forum because of my deep disagreement with his trade policy. I do not endorse the intervention of advertisers on the forum and their aggressive canvassing. Good continuation."

: roll:
0 x
henry
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by henry » 14/11/08, 19:08

Good evening everyone,

A biofueling plant
effectively avoids the risk of rupture of the injection pump during startup.
But to install a second tank in a car poses a problem of not homologation, but especially a real danger in case of shock, even weak. I participated in the design of a cooler that can be fixed in place of a Renault senic seat, during the first crash test, the cooler which was however fixed as a seat was detached from its fixation and was going to explode on the dashboard. The speed during the shock was 50 Km.
I let you imagine what can give a tank fixed by "DIY" during a real shock ... : Evil:

I let the heater run continuously, because a fuel temperature reading, with a probe, gives the following temperatures:
- Heating filter holder outlet from 40 to 50 ° C max.
- 30 exchanger outlet 50 ° plates up to 60 ° C max.
- 2B1T heater output temperature regulated between 70 and 85 ° C (the temperature or the oil at a viscosity coef close to the gas oil is of the order of 80 ° C).

2B1T heater history
I participated in the design of this heater with other people from the Ecoleo association. We started by testing commercial heaters, which practically all showed largely insufficient thermal performance. An injection pump at a high rate, the return flow of fuel is several times that consumed by the engine.
We then removed the heaters made with plumbing or other elements, because the flow of fuel is not optimized and there is some of the oil that remains in pockets and can burn.
The heater that we designed has the advantage of using only automotive components and for normal use. Heating elements are not glow plugs but elements actually designed to heat permanently fuel. Moreover changing the thermo contact can safely vary the temperature of the fuel output (you can find in a dealer of automotive product a thermal switch of the same shape, but with a different control value. that I tend to use this heater also for the boiler.
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 17/11/08, 12:06

Good evening everyone,
henry wrote:I let you imagine what can give a tank fixed by "DIY" during a real shock ... : Evil:

it's about anything, the tank must be fixed and WELL fixed, you speak of what capacity, and fixed how?
de + if it is in the trunk of the sedan or in a tank type lpg spare wheel, it is impossible.
BRIEF retaining this point to disavow bi-fueling has no value.
a shock is a shock and this probational case zero, I would be curious to see this crash test cooler, which has nothing to compare with a fixed tank. there is what is needed in this case, it is everyone to pay attention by himself or to call a professional.

it is a false sales argument, purely.

I let the heater run continuously

you do what you want, but normally it should be used at cold start.
> what do you have as an injection pump?
with a BOSCH, useless, the others, are satisfied with the fuel heated by the heat exchanger.
de +, you overconsume electricity leaving the consumable on, and therefore fuel.

henry wrote:We started by testing commercial heaters, which practically all showed largely insufficient thermal performance.

it is certain that a diesel heater is not valid for oil.
I imagine that only yours passed your tests?
but what do you do DIESEL-THERM heaters?

henry wrote:An injection pump at a high rate, the return flow of fuel is several times that consumed by the engine.

it is necessary to BURN the fuel, by turning what comes out HOT of the injection pump, at the entrance of the fuel filter.

henry wrote:We then removed the heaters made with plumbing or other elements, because the flow of fuel is not optimized and there is some of the oil that remains in pockets and can burn.

why is traffic poorly optimized? poorly designed? What do you mean by optimized?
and by "burn in pockets"?
finally, can you give us these studies?

henry wrote:The heater that we designed has the advantage of using only automotive components and for normal use.

What do you mean by "automotive component"? Glow plug ? banjo type fitting?
what is "normal" use?

henry wrote:The heating elements are not glow plugs but elements actually designed to permanently heat fuel.

what does it look like then?

henry wrote:It is for this reason that I tend to use this heater also for the boiler.

and how do you feed it? with a car battery next to the boiler? au with a special feed R1B2T3X?

ecoleo must be very good, but do not try to sell under any pretext of electric heater, especially when it is not justified, let alone at this price ...

http://www.atg-france.fr/ATGFrance-Dieseltherm.html

110 € delivered with cables, relay and light switch:
http://www.dieselveg.com/diesel-therm_dhs12.htm
0 x
henry
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by henry » 18/11/08, 09:40

Hello,

For Jonule,
As the theme of this forum is the filter aid, I propose you to create a forum specific to the fuel heater.

If you take a constructive and reasoned approach (test report, calculation, thesis ...) I will spend time explaining the difference between a heater to roll with oil and the heaters you present.

0 x
henry
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Centrifugal filtration

by henry » 18/11/08, 09:51

Hello everybody

Compared to André's remarks.

it would be good to think about building a centrifuge
(Forced decantation)

After discussions, I learned that the French army used trucks in Algeria that could run with heavy oil. These trucks had a centrifugal filter placed in the engine compartment.
If anyone has any information about this type of equipment ...

it is the traces of moisture in the injectors that bothers me the most to see traces of rust on the spacers or springs it makes me ...

I also have this type of deposit in my pipeline and my injection pump.
The color of the deposit is similar to rust particles, but if we look at the pieces, with this deposit, I have no trace of the beginning of oxidation.
This unpleasant deposit visually does not seem to me to be very embarrassing?
If anyone has any clarification on the chemical composition of this deposit ...

Thank you for the details.
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 18/11/08, 09:53

You know henry, the problem with Jonule is that in his mind, only he is right ...

From there... :?
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 18/11/08, 13:58

??
reason on what? I want to know ... it is true that I have experience in this area, but I'm not the only one and there are also advances it should be pointed out, such as direct injection kits HDi DCi.

a little teasing the woodcutter! finally as usual ;-)

>

I even say that this heater was cheaper than those sold on mecaoil at the time 200 € ... I see that they sell more against aeden.fr though, 150 € for 300W:
http://www.aeden.fr/P115_rechauffeur-el ... -300w.html

de + it is not me who has spoken about the electric heaters in 1er on this subject I think ...

but no problem for a constructive and reasoned approach, I will also spend some time explaining to you some things that are not necessarily explained:
on filtration, for example, you told us about fineness of filtration, but never T ° C, the first character related to filtration, read the remarks that I made you, that's also why I complete.

on the filtration of used oil I was there:
http://www.nrjrealiste.fr/oil/filtration.html

I must even say that I am very happy to read such a subject, if you want to know, a little rare on this forum ... but I must also say that I saw some electric heater vendors! o]

For traces of rust, you should find some at the output of the injection pump, BOSCH banjo fitting where there is a particular minifilter, it is used to receive rust pickled by oil ...

afterwards for the chemical composition of oil and rust, you should find that easily : Cheesy:
0 x